ODFL | Filled out pre app, what next?

Chicken_Man

TB Lurker
Credits
I went in and filled out the pre app and after a few minutes a lady came over to take it. I asked her if theTM was available to talk for a second. He came out and introduced himself, we talked breifly and he told me that they arent really looking for anyone at the moment. He said he would sit down and talk to me longer but he had an appointment to make, I told him I understood thanked him for his time and asked him to keep me in mind if anything opened up, he said he would keep my app at the top! So I was thinking about typing up a resume and taking it up there one day next week along with a copy of my mvr and my license. I was thinking of just leaving it for him and not taking any more of his time. Good idea? If so what else will improve my chances of actually being at the 'top' of his stack of apps? Thanks!

I went in and filled out the pre app and after a few minutes a lady came over to take it. I asked her if theTM was available to talk for a second. He came out and introduced himself, we talked breifly and he told me that they arent really looking for anyone at the moment. He said he would sit down and talk to me longer but he had an appointment to make, I told him I understood thanked him for his time and asked him to keep me in mind if anything opened up, he said he would keep my app at the top! So I was thinking about typing up a resume and taking it up there one day next week along with a copy of my mvr and my license. I was thinking of just leaving it for him and not taking any more of his time. Good idea? If so what else will improve my chances of actually being at the 'top' of his stack of apps? Thanks!
Well,not sure what Term.But,I would just call every few weeks since Manager said that he wasn't hiring

Can't hurt ! 10yrs ago I made numerous visits and made a few phone calls, and lo and behold I got a phone call one Sunday afternoon from the TM and 3wks later I went to work! So keep those fingers crossed and periodically check in. I wish you well, and you'll never regret the effort !

be patient and don't give up, you won't be sorry . it took about 6 months of calling back before a job came available.

I doubt they will be hiring anyone until spring anyhow, they over-staff all spring and summer long so they can make it all winter and not have any staffing interruptions and be lean and looking to hire as attrition from retirements/firings/no work resignations happen all winter long. Happens every year.