SAIA | Filthy Trucks

hippo

TB Lurker
Credits
Saia ought to be ashamed of themselves and ebarrast to let us ride down the road with the outside of our trucks as dirty as they get.They turned the water off at our term.so you can't even wash your windows.man my truck is fithy dirty."hey Sheetclimber,"Will you take my truck on your next trip and wash it for me??? Be your best friend.I guess representing the company on the road with clean trucks aint A priority.I wonder if I don't take a shower for 2 weeks,they would want me to make A p/u @ A customer.

Hippo I will take some words I read on this site in the past!!! They are words to live by!! I QUOTE!! "just show up, clock in do your job like your supposed to do. And keep your mouth shut. and you will be a much happier person in the long run. It doesn’t do any good to stress over things you have no control over JUST QUIT"

HIPPO I know those words sound so familiar to because you said them!!!

Hippo I will take some words I read on this site in the past!!! They are words to live by!! I QUOTE!! "just show up, clock in do your job like your supposed to do. And keep your mouth shut. and you will be a much happier person in the long run. It doesn’t do any good to stress over things you have no control over JUST QUIT"

HIPPO I know those words sound so familiar to because you said them!!!
Damn dude you got me there.BUT. I'm not trying to change the company.And when our terminal turns the water back on I will wash my truck.Since I do take some pride in my appearance."need to impress the ladies."

i use to wash mine once a week in CLT while i was waiting on my return load. i got a newer truck after the bid, and i have yet to wash it b/c of the water being turned off. a city driver did wash it..but didnt do as good of a job as i would have. i have noticed i am a minority in that i actually wash more than the windows and mirrors of my truck. it doesn't matter to most drivers if their truck is clean or not, and that's their business...but i like to drive something that's clean inside and out.

we have filthy trucks inside because the drivers have to hook and break all sets. and more than half the time for free. trucks are in a round about way unassigned, so that means nobody really gives a damn about cleanliness.
Not to mention, we dont have any mechanics that give a damn about equipment as well.

funny thing is nobody cares if we give a damn or not lol. so do like dancing chicken says

if you dont like it LEAVE!

we have filthy trucks inside because the drivers have to hook and break all sets. and more than half the time for free. trucks are in a round about way unassigned, so that means nobody really gives a damn about cleanliness.
Not to mention, we dont have any mechanics that give a damn about equipment as well.

funny thing is nobody cares if we give a damn or not lol. so do like dancing chicken says

if you dont like it LEAVE!

you might want to get your TM involved if your trucks are round about unassigned. a guy kept trying to take mine when his was still in the city...so my TM had a talk with that guy. on another note.....we have had a CIN linehaul tractor here for about 2 months. moral of the story...you are screwed if you are a system driver and you breakdown near a break bulk. we got it from CLT

Assigned trucks?

First, I believe and practice that the trash I generate is my responsibility,especially since I'm gonna be in my office 8-10 hours or more at a time. I won't ever leave garbage in it. Geez, my family gets enough plastic sacks from the grocery store to fill a small dumpster. Theres your sack. Greezy gloves go on the floor behind the seat away from everything else.

As for the windows, :chairshot:

I've been doing this for awhile and have yet to get an assigned tractor. I finally gave up being concerned about it and have tried to adapt as best I can. A lot of the bid runs are assigned a tractor out of this terminal and the system guys catch as catch can. I don't see the point in washing the exterior other than the mirrors and windows. The company isn't overly concerned about the appearance of their equipment.

Washed mine last nite, then told Chad :1036316054:I wasn't doing it anymore till they find a way that I can more grease off the truck than I get on me.

Washed mine last nite, then told Chad :1036316054:I wasn't doing it anymore till they find a way that I can more grease off the truck than I get on me.
Gezz....I work for fedex freight east....all wash bays seem to be the same...clean your feet before you get in the tractor....pull out of wash bay to a clean spot get out and clean your feet and the foorboard of your tractor.....the more things change the more they stay the same...:hysterical:

The problem with washing tractors in the Saia washbay is that the hoses for the spray wands are so greasy that if you get within one foot of them the grease automatically transfers to your clothes. :hide:

Not to mention all the grease that gets blown off the frame.....etc.

i havent used any of the wash bays. i usually do it on my own time with my own equipment. of course even if we wanted to use the one in CLT, we can't. kinda like the automatic trailer wash in ATL that is being used to house the TM's boat b/c he thinks we will break it if we use it.

yeah...most of the 08's ive seen come into the CLT region are trashed. the bumpers are bent one way or the other, lower lip ripped off, side fairing(s) missing. its pathetic. give me my 05 or my old 04 anyday over a 07 or 08. the seats just don't feel right to me. dont lean back far enough, slide back far enough, and they feel like they are mounted closer to the dash.

i just trying to build my reputation up. we got band new 08's in Denver that looks like 01's trashed adn scarchted up :butt kiss: this icon is turn me on

Maybe when you guys get out of that ghetto you are in, there will be a place to turn around without running into stuff. Not to mention having to pull the landing gear off the trailers to get them out of the parking spot.

10 -on the seats! my 07 seat doesnt recline nearly enough! not to mention that hell on earth passenger seat when training someone for a week! as for washing, i wash mine 3 times one week in bhm and 2 the next... stays clean!!!!!!

i will take my good old 03 screw over any new truck its comfortable and can handle a heavy van those supercharged tricycles get kinda wobbly with a van load of ball bearings:TR10driving03: