ABF | Final Contract Vote Tally

I thought the whole vote was a tad shady in one of the Denver locals. It's not my deal but. Some of the locals seemed to do a better job with vote times etc. 1 of them was at the terminal the other you had to go to the hall. If it was my deal next time I would like to see more of a standard as to increase voter participation. My feeling was that was up to the locals discretion. Of course also transparency always a good thing.

I thought the whole vote was a tad shady in one of the Denver locals. It's not my deal but. Some of the locals seemed to do a better job with vote times etc. 1 of them was at the terminal the other you had to go to the hall. If it was my deal next time I would like to see more of a standard as to increase voter participation. My feeling was that was up to the locals discretion. Of course also transparency always a good thing.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree... starting his tenure off with the lack of transparency is sending a clear message that he will be keeping the Rank and File on a need to know basis and that IMO... is disrespectful to the members seeing how he campaigned on union transparency...

O’Brien’s words echoed TDU’s perennial call for tougher bargaining, better benefits, union transparency and a voice for rank-and-file members in how the Teamsters operate.
https://inthesetimes.com/article/tdu-conference-teamster-ups-contract

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree... starting his tenure off with the lack of transparency is sending a clear message that he will be keeping the Rank and File on a need to know basis and that IMO... is disrespectful to the members seeing how he campaigned on union transparency...

https://inthesetimes.com/article/tdu-conference-teamster-ups-contract
Some dissension in the UPS ranks??

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Louisville-based Teamsters Local 89, one of the most important strongholds in the UPS network, provided the sole dissenting vote on Monday among 162 local unions that reviewed the Teamsters' tentative contract agreement with UPS, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the private union meeting.

Some dissension in the UPS ranks??

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (WDRB) -- Louisville-based Teamsters Local 89, one of the most important strongholds in the UPS network, provided the sole dissenting vote on Monday among 162 local unions that reviewed the Teamsters' tentative contract agreement with UPS, according to multiple sources with knowledge of the private union meeting.

The "no" vote comes even as members of Local 89's leadership have acknowledged significant gains in the contract. The union's spokesman said last week Teamsters were "quite proud" of the terms, including annual raises far richer than in previous deals.
Yep... the Teamsters were proud alright... just not proud enough to accept it. That sure doesn't put Zuckerman in a good light.

Just like when the IBT boasted that the Teamsters overwhelmingly ratify new national contract at ABF Freight... but fail to post the vote tallies to prove it. Then they wonder why people start to mistrust what they have to say... go figure

Well I am a huge Sean fan...compared to the last guy.vote totals would have been cool though
I agree... Junior was a disaster but I'm still evaluating Obrien because I didn't know too much about him before he took office. IMO... there's nothing wrong with questioning leadership and showing them displeasure when something comes up that you feel just isn't right... which not posting those tallies falls under.

Right now... I don't have much to say that's really derogatory about Obrien... but that could change in the future... especially if the Rank and File doesn't hold his feet to the fire and start speaking up when they feel somethings not right. After all... we all know how "Power tends to corrupt and absolute power corrupts absolutely"

I heard that the ABF contract passed with only 63% of the vote.
Thanks nightowl... here's a look at 2010 begback and 2013 ABF NMFA vote tallies...

5775508351.jpg

A breakdown by locals is a good thing. It gives the locals a chance to see where they stand with everyone else. If you're below the average, they now have 5 years to correct it. Not getting everyone in to vote...work on it, talk to those that didn't and find out why!! But, the main thing is they have to decide how "all" national contracts will be voted on!! Mail in ballots, Online voting, for in person voting a set number of days that gives everyone working or on vacation to get back and vote. All tentative contracts should include a down to the wire set number of working days to inform the members and hold whatever type vote. Why was it so important ABF had to vote so fast as they did. They could have worked under the old one and given a proper amount of time to inform and educate!! Again, just MHO