Yellow | final months for yrc?

to wheelgrip

Much or if not all of the property is leased by YRCW. Estes bought it so the banks don't have that to hold the company for. I hope for all of the best for everyone, trucking used to be so easy. A driver used to go to work and not worry about the economy or their jobs. Now everyone worries about their jobs and their company no matter where they work. GOOD LUCK TO ALL DRIVERS

Nothing is on time...major accounts are pulling their business everyday. The guys upstairs have no clue or maybe there is something more going on than meets the eye...who knows...the main point, it is just so sad...sad for everyone.

Nothing is on time...major accounts are pulling their business everyday. The guys upstairs have no clue or maybe there is something more going on than meets the eye...who knows...the main point, it is just so sad...sad for everyone.

Dud you get it.Zollairs went to Bush and said we need help and Bush said it's on it's way were going to put it to the Unions big time.

Dud you get it.Zollairs went to Bush and said we need help and Bush said it's on it's way were going to put it to the Unions big time.

What does Bush have to do with losing HUGE accounts last week due to lost freight because of a COO/Merger that took place March 1st? BTW, Bush is out and Obama is in. That happened in January. I gotta hand it to Obama though, at least he didn't let all the levees break up there in Fargo!

Great Summary!

Hey get off his back, suggesting he quits.
He is stating facts. Yes the economy is in the crapper.
But we have very little freight in our trucks.
3-4 bills to deliver. Half of which are late.
But we keep being told the "system is current"
I have delivered more late "time criticle" freight this past month than on time ones.
We are not winning customers with our service.
WE are going to lay off drivers for the April re-class.
We are never going to pay off the debt we carry without freight in the trucks!
We all know more Terminal closings are going to happen this Summer.
So where is the good news?

Anyone have any?

It would be nice to hear.
But be honest with your selves, It doesn't look good.
Perception is reality. We keep closing Divisions, and merging together.
It does not look good to customers.
They keep asking if we are going to make it!

My question is "Will we survive with the current conditions of the automakers"? Even before the merger early last spring KCM/326 managment told me the automakers represented 25%-30% of the midwest business. The automakers historicly has always used us unionized carriers to ship their freight. So now its not a matter of the economy turning around to gain that freight back. We are about to loose numerous GM brands permanatly! Even if Chrysler mergers with Fiat that is no guarentee they will continue to ship via unionized carriers anymore. They will be owned by a foreign automaker! I was beginning to think that maybe we could turn this around, but as the news continually changes on the economy daily, and more bailouts, after bailouts to me means more and more layoffs for YRC, more than we can fathom. I hope we make it!

It's over guys, we might as well all be began looking, improved service will not bring YRC back our best service doesnt compete with our competition, the company cant handle the debt load in this economy, the big dogs are just looking to get into a position so they get all that's coming to them (money) and everyone else is out in the cold.

It's over guys, we might as well all be began looking, improved service will not bring YRC back our best service doesnt compete with our competition, the company cant handle the debt load in this economy, the big dogs are just looking to get into a position so they get all that's coming to them (money) and everyone else is out in the cold.

Union Affiliation-- rather not say! Go figure, go away!

Stop showing your ignorance and educate yourself.

If need be, YRCW will cut off its arm (Regionals) to save the body (YRC), not the other way around. Another way to put it is to "sacrifice your pawns, to save the king".
In the freight business, and the economy, there are constant peeks and valleys, that last for several years.

When times are good and corporations have cash to spend, they purchase assets of other companies, which is what Yellow Corp.(YRCW) did years ago. Once upon a time, Roadway Corp. did the same thing with Coles Express, Spartan, Viking, Central Freight, and started up Roadway Package System (RPS), now known as Fed-Ex Ground.
As it becomes necessary, they sell off assets to save the major company. These are the toughest economic times that many of us have ever seen, therefore extreme measures are called for.

Go to Yahoo Finance, look-up previously filed 8K's for YRCW, in which it states, the terms of the loans that were restuctured. It explains in those statements that all of USF was put up as collateral.

If needed, whether your a profitable Regional Carrier or not, your assets will be used to help YRC (Yellow-Roadway) survive.

LONG LIVE GATOR FREIGHT WAYS. WITH ZIMMERMEN ON OUR SIDE AND ZOLLARS ON YRCW WE CAN'T LOOSE:clap:

Soon there will be no more regionals left to sell and then:TR10driving03: