Yellow | Final MOU terms 2014

Yeah i thought so.... so why does the MOU STATE (these wages are not subject to the 15% wage reduction ) ?
A dock casual makes $11.90 hr.( works part time) A full time employee hired without a CDL will make $14 hr (non-cdl rate). He will get a dollar raise every year until he reaches $18 and not subject to 15% cut. IF you are hired with a CDL full time you start at $17.92. It takes 3 yrs to top out at $21.08. The CDL rate is under the 15% cut. We should be making like $24.81 hr.

A dock casual makes $11.90 hr.( works part time) A full time employee hired without a CDL will make $14 hr (non-cdl rate). He will get a dollar raise every year until he reaches $18 and not subject to 15% cut. IF you are hired with a CDL full time you start at $17.92. It takes 3 yrs to top out at $21.08. The CDL rate is under the 15% cut. We should be making like $24.81 hr.
Thanks for the reply, although i still don't see where their getting 11.90, i don't see any language in the mou stating that, also, is it just coincidence that 14.00 -15% is 11.90, under the mou is says not subject to the 15% wage reduction. .i don't see anything about casual language stating 11.90 an hour pay start, where do they get this number from is what im having a hard time understanding. ..

Thanks for the reply, al3 gh i still don't see where their getting 11.90, i don't see any language in the mou stating that, also, is it just coincidence that 14.00 -15% is 11.90, under the mou is says not subject to the 15% wage reduction. .i don't see anything about casual language stating 11.90 an hour pay start, where do they get this number from is what im having a hard time understanding. ..
I know new hires for the road start out at 70% of contract wages.then after 3yrs they are back up to 100% minus 15%

Casuals (part time) did make $14 back in the 08-13 contact. Then in 09 the 15% started which took them to $11.90. Still under the 15% it's just not shown on your check anymore. We are still working under the 08-13 contract with 2 M.O.U. that has extended it until 2019. Hopefully no more M.O.U extension in 19 but a new contract. Don't expect them to give back anything that was accepted on M.O.U. when negotiations happen, they can start negotiations any rate of pay they desire.

When I started in 99 I made $16 as a casual. Worked 4 weeks and hired full time because I had class A and they were on a hiring spree at Yellow because of retirements. For $11.90 we are not getting quality or experienced people for part time. They have never been on forklift before for one. Very frustrating if you train one with no experience because you have to tell them 100 times a night to level their forks so they don't dump the freight. It takes a lot of patience to train a newbie that's about 18-23 years old and never done this before. We have about 30 or so casuals at KCM 326. During the spring thru summer we probably go thru about 75-100 because they just can't catch on how to match a bill with the freight and not tear it up.

When I started in 99 I made $16 as a casual. Worked 4 weeks and hired full time because I had class A and they were on a hiring spree at Yellow because of retirements. For $11.90 we are not getting quality or experienced people for part time. They have never been on forklift before for one. Very frustrating if you train one with no experience because you have to tell them 100 times a night to level their forks so they don't dump the freight. It takes a lot of patience to train a newbie that's about 18-23 years old and never done this before. We have about 30 or so casuals at KCM 326. During the spring thru summer we probably go thru about 75-100 because they just can't catch on how to match a bill with the freight and not tear it up.
I agree with the youngsters, i started when i was 19 back in 2002 and i know i wasn't as bad as these kids now, it's just a whole new generation, sorry to say but it's like thier not HARD WORKING MEN, cell phones, tight pants, it's horrible, but yeah i guess thats what 11.90 gets you..

4xSZlp1.jpg

I agree with the youngsters, i started when i was 19 back in 2002 and i know i wasn't as bad as these kids now, it's just a whole new generation, sorry to say but it's like thier not HARD WORKING MEN, cell phones, tight pants, it's horrible, but yeah i guess thats what 11.90 gets you..

19 years old in 2002? So you were 11 years old during the last Teamster strike in 1994? I figured you had been a Teamster for at least thirty years, and gone through a couple of strikes, based on the way you've been running Triplex down.

19 years old in 2002? So you were 11 years old during the last Teamster strike in 1994? I figured you had been a Teamster for at least thirty years, and gone through a couple of strikes, based on the way you've been running Triplex down.
Only 2 strikes, but as you can tell, years of being a teamster dont mean ::shit::, i work with guys who have 33 years and they are about as soft as baby ::shit::... it's all about how your carry yourself,

:hilarious::hysterical::wtflol:

11 years old...., now that's funny. You hit it out of the park mud.