R&L | finally laid off drivers!

miami_owl

TB Lurker
Credits
wow,for the first time since ive been here with r&l they have laid off drivers.tonite as we came back to the barn,it was confirmed that eight drivers were laid off.five city drivers and three linehauls.like tm has been doing with days off,he went by seniority.just before christmas too!

Really sux to hear that. At least they were laid off and can collect unemployment.Our TM is laying down paper trails so he can fire people instead of lay them off. Good to know some terminals have decent TM's with a heart and understanding of how tough it is out there with no income. Hopefully after New Year they get their jobs back when things pick up again.

Rl is still the best ltl left layoff or not, freight is picking up in the west I heard there is a new sales program starting soon. maybe true or not but i heard there over fourty new sale people starting on commission. I know sales people only do what they want but I think this may help.I would rather be laidoff than work two days a week. word is out west any buddy laidoff will come back with all benefits and time. Best of luck to all.

These drivers that are getting laid off, anyone know if there senior drivers or the flex ( Paramount Drivers ). Would be nice to know what the real deal is with the layoffs! We haven't heard a thing out here in the mid-west yet! Awful slow around here though!

So, I guess all the rumors are true. That is why the T/M said, (when I asked him if my job was secure) right now it is, but things can change from one day to the next. I have 10 years with this company and never heard of anyone getting fired or layed-off. But now I know that some rumors coming from the horses mouth whether or not they actually say the words, are true.

IT is true lakeland laid off 15, and no promises of bringing them back. Going by senority, no fles drivers. Heard they will not have anymore company teams running out of there at all. They had 7 shut all but 2 down now. But will replace them with Paramount. Thay sucks I don't care who you are!!!!!!

Letting drivers go based on productivity at our terminal. Length of employment will have nothing to do with who gets let go. Just our TM making his own rules again. He needs to read the employee handbook that he preaches to us and see the part about layoffs.You guys should know that he printed his own Philadelphia drivers manual and brought us in early in small groups to go over it word for word and made us initial each paragraph. R&L needs to invade our terminal,like the united states invaded Iraq and get rid of this Dictator.

I understand that it is a very clear directive that any layoffs would be strickly by seniority. However, that does not mean that underperforming employees cannot be held accountable. We all need to pick it up a little to get us throught these tough times, I think most of us can give a little more if we look at ourselves in the mirror. YRC announced today that it was laying off 15% of its workforce. I don't like any of this but it is the times we find ourselves in. GOOD LUCK!

So, I guess all the rumors are true. That is why the T/M said, (when I asked him if my job was secure) right now it is, but things can change from one day to the next. I have 10 years with this company and never heard of anyone getting fired or layed-off. But now I know that some rumors coming from the horses mouth whether or not they actually say the words, are true.

miami tm said all drivers hired from 2007 on up got laid off.thats what he did.no senoir drivers are in any danger.not even the slackers and we all know who they are.

No matter what this is the time to watch our a@#.And try to do what we need to do to keep our heads above water and keep track of everything that we do so we don't give any ammunition good luck to all

Its time to get rl management the hell out of our way. we need to stop all the bs and do our job and get the freight on our green trucks. I'm not willing to give up my job like 4750 yrc drivers did today. I heard rl may layoff 155 max thats not alot, if we go get freight they can be back be xmas, its not to late please do your job so we can give our family a decent holiday this year. the green giant needs freight to stay alive. a lucky family man at least for today never take anything for ganite. god bless yrc folks. we can bless ourselfs it not to late get your head out of your a@@ and take care of ourselfs.

R-L the best? Wake up, I quit 6 months ago to go to a real trucking co, Fed EX NTL, more money, overtime after 8 everyday, better benifits, didn't have to pay for a plt jack and hand truck, better mgmt, and still getting 50 hours a week in P-D, no layoffs, and company is growing like crazy. R-L is a joke, always was and always will be, feel sorry for you guys still working there. You are all going to loose your jobs at the rate that R-L operates.

wow,for the first time since ive been here with r&l they have laid off drivers.tonite as we came back to the barn,it was confirmed that eight drivers were laid off.five city drivers and three linehauls.like tm has been doing with days off,he went by seniority.just before christmas too!

does delgado got laid off?

R-L the best? Wake up, I quit 6 months ago to go to a real trucking co, Fed EX NTL, more money, overtime after 8 everyday, better benifits, didn't have to pay for a plt jack and hand truck, better mgmt, and still getting 50 hours a week in P-D, no layoffs, and company is growing like crazy. R-L is a joke, always was and always will be, feel sorry for you guys still working there. You are all going to loose your jobs at the rate that R-L operates.

i got a buddy up in chicago running for fedex national he got no hours barely 30hrs he told me,he got hired by fedex after rl reject him for his messed up driving record ,1 truck accident, and 3 speeding ticket in last 3 year,so i wonder how fedex was able to hire such a guy with so messed up driving record.

Thats your opinion...R&L is better off without without your negativity...Glad you are gone...BYE BYE...