R&L | finally laid off drivers!

People can say what they want about R&L, they are just trying to survive the tough times. R&L is still the strongest LTL company going today. I can't speak for everyone at our barn but those I have spoken with feel fortunate to be with R&L.

We need to look at the big picture we are laying off a small % look at every one else it sucks. But we need to stick together and do what we can and find the bright side a know that it is going to be ok.We will be fine if we stick together as R&L drivers an d what ever we do.

Hey guys, remember these layoffs are also a regional thing. We've got 2 new drivers at my place and they're not Paramount, they're R&L (Gator). They're replacements for a couple of fools who headed for greener pastures, but the point being, they were replaced.

Freight levels here at my terminal haven't really dropped much. The extra board guys are all working and start times haven't been pushed back, at least not yet.
Just something to keep in mind when the doom and gloomers seem to be on the money. What's happening in one region doesn't mean it's happening company-wide.

Hey guys, remember these layoffs are also a regional thing. We've got 2 new drivers at my place and they're not Paramount, they're R&L (Gator). They're replacements for a couple of fools who headed for greener pastures, but the point being, they were replaced.

Freight levels here at my terminal haven't really dropped much. The extra board guys are all working and start times haven't been pushed back, at least not yet.
Just something to keep in mind when the doom and gloomers seem to be on the money. What's happening in one region doesn't mean it's happening company-wide.
It's slow around the mid-west but no talk of lay-offs..... The days of "we've never had any lay-offs" are over folks........ We no longer work for a small family owned company!!!!!!!! R&L is starting to make a dent in the ltl industry as far as being a nationwide carrier......
Could be the reason for so many changes in the past year.....

I beleive we still work for the best company out there. No, not everything is perfect but show me a company where it is! We are just in unprecedented times right now. Unfortunately we did see a few drivers go but things will turn around. I just hope it does so sooner then later. Do what you can to make this a better place and we will all come out better off in the end. Be part of the solution.

Three more got laid off today in miami.thats 12 total now.funny i left with 22 stops today.not complaining ,but you would think two with 11 would be better.less hours but one less laid off driver.

Three more got laid off today in miami.thats 12 total now.funny i left with 22 stops today.not complaining ,but you would think two with 11 would be better.less hours but one less laid off driver.

What time did you start? 22 stops, thats pretty outrageous!!! You would certainly think 2 drivers with 11 stops would make more sense...

What time did you start? 22 stops, thats pretty outrageous!!! You would certainly think 2 drivers with 11 stops would make more sense...

Left the yard at 930 first del. at 1000 and last one at 530.i work a small area but didnt stop all day.quick lunch to make sure no returns.tm goes nuts when we have returns.

Left the yard at 930 first del. at 1000 and last one at 530.i work a small area but didnt stop all day.quick lunch to make sure no returns.tm goes nuts when we have returns.

How many pickups did you have besides those 22 deliveries?

How many pickups did you miss?

Do you usually pull a smaller trailer, but now a big trailer due to having to fit 20+ deliveries on it, so now you can't get within 2 miles of some of your residentials?

I beleive we still work for the best company out there. No, not everything is perfect but show me a company where it is! We are just in unprecedented times right now. Unfortunately we did see a few drivers go but things will turn around. I just hope it does so sooner then later. Do what you can to make this a better place and we will all come out better off in the end. Be part of the solution.

You are very right we need to stick together and it will be ok.

Returns are the only way to stop layoffs,If your delivering 22 stops,then technically on paper, to your TM, everybody should be able to deliver 22 stops. Missed pick ups aren't TM's problem,he can live without pick ups,but deliveries are a different story.He has to answer to WIL when deliveries aren't made,and his answer will be that he needs more drivers if too many returns are coming in.Unfortunately most of our returns get deleted by TM so WIL thinks they never even hit the street.If they only knew !!!!!!

Missed pick ups aren't TM's problem,he can live without pick ups. maybe I've been looking at all wrong,I thought that you already had the money for the del.So the pick-up's should be the priority to generate next days revenue?:chairshot:

Missed pick ups aren't TM's problem,he can live without pick ups. maybe I've been looking at all wrong,I thought that you already had the money for the del.So the pick-up's should be the priority to generate next days revenue?:chairshot:

thats the way it is at our term, the pick ups come before the del, if a pick up is about to close and a del. is on the way we are to pass the del. up and get the pick up and try to come back and make the del and at the same time save fuel going back 20 miles from making a 50 lb pick up.:hysterical:

thats the way it is at our term, the pick ups come before the del, if a pick up is about to close and a del. is on the way we are to pass the del. up and get the pick up and try to come back and make the del and at the same time save fuel going back 20 miles from making a 50 lb pick up.:hysterical:

For what it is I was told that the DEL come of becouse they are paid for.And the P/U do while del or after they haven't got
paid for them yet.That is what I have been told a few times.Take it for what it is I guess.

It's only like that at the company you work for,not here at R&L. Missed pick-ups can be done the next day. Your company has 2 or 3 trucks in one area and we are not as big as you guys. You can have one truck running around just doing pick-ups,we don't have that luxury.

He is just going to have to go nutts driver, you can only do on at a time, don't kill yourself worrying about him going nutts. Let him drive himself crazy! :TR10driving03:

I don't do that, i get the deliveries done and do what I can do with what time is left. May squeeze a pick up in as I am moving but one thing at a time is how I look at it. Too many drivers getting all worked up over the chaos that goes on in the office.