ABF | Finally Starting

waysho

TB Lurker
Credits
I'm finally going going for my safety training Mon. then my orientation Wed. next week,then off to work on linehaul in Atl. Any advice or clues on what to expect would be appreciated from all you ABF vets!:

waysho said:
I'm finally going going for my safety training Mon. then my orientation Wed. next week,then off to work on linehaul in Atl. Any advice or clues on what to expect would be appreciated from all you ABF vets!:
not a vet of the frog, but like any other company. Kiss your family goodbye, cause you probably wont see them for a couple days.:duh:

buster123, they called 3-4 weeks after I did the app. on line, then another 2-3 weeks after face to face interview for background check.
serta, my wife is still up in New England and kids are going to college so I don't see them much now-so no big deal. Spent 19 years on the road in carhaul so not much changes-always on the road. We get along better when not in each others faces all the time:-)

Waysho, I gotta be there to do the operations orientation at 1500 hrs. I did the physical, road test and safety orientation last week. I am working out a notice, and I would think I would start somewhere around the 8th. Who knows. See ya around there.

Once you are hired and are near the shop in ATL on the 3rd shift (11:00-7:00) stop in and say hello, just ask for "Dugan" and everyone will know who you are talking about.

Congrats on the hire

Thanks Abf greasemonkey- I'll be sure to stop in and say Hello. I'm looking forward to coming to work at ABF.

Good Luck Man, I Started About 3 Months Ago I Think You Will Like It Here. Just Stick With It If It Gets Slow.