Finally

Discussion in 'General Food Service Discussion' started by Moneyman01, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Moneyman01

Moneyman01 Proud to be a dad!

I start driving next. After how long of dealing with bs. One week of training then I might be on my own. But of course a buddy of mine that works for Performance food service calls me to tell me there looking for 2 drivers out of there shuttle site in the cities. 230 a day guarantee. Would be nice to make that kind of money

2. grocerythrower

grocerythrower Well-Known Member

So after all this waiting, dealing with the warehouse, which I know you don't like, they are making you a driver finally?

3. Moneyman01

Yeah they are. Got a 3 dollar a hr raise to

4. grocerythrower

Sweet Brother! I know you will enjoy hauling steel alot better than hauling groceries! I'm glad you stuck it out, this is what you were waiting for!

5. Moneyman01

I would make more doing groceries tho. I miss the money. There starting me out at 19 a hr doing steel

6. grocerythrower

Its a starting point, not an ending one, your with a good company, I'm sure you can make that 19 work for you! After all there are breaks, lunches, traffic ;)

7. Moneyman01

Yeah I might be able to. I do wish I made more. It will be nice having all my holidays off tho. They do have the routes timed out like sysco to. We'll see how it goes

8. grocerythrower

Money ain't everything, I don't make as much as some but my life is better, yea, I work nights but I love my work and those that I work with, Sysco asks alot but I have worked at worse places.

9. Moneyman01

Yeah I know money isn't everything. Just sucks the all my friends make more then me. But 2 of there wives dont work. I will tell you this. GfS moves into MN I would be gone in a heartbeat.