finally $$

trucker4cf

TB Lurker
Credits
I spoke with my lawyer. The checks are being mailed out this week for secured claims with interest. The unsecured they have still no time table on.
Just as info if anyone still is owed like me.:bgroovy:

All I'll Say Is That Cf Driver;s Got Screwed And Conway Is Laughing All The Way Too The Bank Vault.

i don't think i will know what to do with all that ten cent's on the dollar.for 7week's vac 1 week sick. i know there some people happy about that but not me i feel they own it all to me for 25 years of hard work and time.and watching con-way grow and us die

My freind, there are some people that are helping our freinds from CF. My question to you is, did you get your warn act money, and the money for you vacation pay? I know that it is a small amount at this time. But please bear with us, we are working on something that might open a big can of worms.

Freightman68, I do not have enough posts to pm you. But the answer to your question is yes we do, and have been working on it for a long time. The people that are working on this will make it happen. Please bear with us. As soon as I have enough post, I will pm you and tell you only what I can. I do not post just to post and get my count up. And there are only three of us, I hope you do not mind that we work for con-way. I think that CFer can put your mind to rest about me, maybe you can pm him an see that I only deal with facts that I can prove. Here is a sample question that I use with people that I get involved with. When was CNF incorporated, and what are the only two reasons that they would go from a holding company to a operating company?

that warn act money was so mess up no two people got the same amont we had people with less that a year got more that people with 25years or better and some didn't get a thing the number they gave call was a joke know one here every spoke with them

excfman said:
i don't think i will know what to do with all that ten cent's on the dollar.for 7week's vac 1 week sick. i know there some people happy about that but not me i feel they own it all to me for 25 years of hard work and time.and watching con-way grow and us die
The secured is not payed out on .10 on the dollar. It is payed out in full with interest.

trucker i can't say your right or wrong but somebody there is going to have let me see it before belive it i know men that work for ryder smith ismf leeway mason dixon there still don't a thing to show all there years

Don't worry Law of one.

I now work for Con-way too. I started and P.I.E. then C.F. now Con-way and what I discovered is that the non union guys at con-way are the same as anywhere else I have worked, just trying to make a living and take care of ther families.

Perhaps I am wrong, but how many ex-employees would have a secured claim ?
Our WARN claim was considered a "unsecured priority claim" and all others such as vacation, sick etc: are considered
" unsecured non-priority" claims.
A secured claim is something secured by collateral, real estate or motor vehicles for example.
Please explain what lawyer has communicated with you saying that checks are in the mail ?
Just looking for information since nothing has been posted on the Teamster website and I have not received a response from the Teamster lawyer representing the members in the bankruptcy.

flstc2000 said:
Perhaps I am wrong, but how many ex-employees would have a secured claim ?
Our WARN claim was considered a "unsecured priority claim" and all others such as vacation, sick etc: are considered
" unsecured non-priority" claims.
A secured claim is something secured by collateral, real estate or motor vehicles for example.
Please explain what lawyer has communicated with you saying that checks are in the mail ?
Just looking for information since nothing has been posted on the Teamster website and I have not received a response from the Teamster lawyer representing the members in the bankruptcy.
You can find any secured claims n the cf website. It has names and dollar ammount owed.

trucker4cf said:
got my check today. What a joke. 171.56. bend over baby here it is!!
What an insult !! How many years did you give as a loyal employee to receive that amount ?
Management or contractual, we all got exactly what the executive team planned !
Which leads me to a question we all asked back then .... why wouldn't they sell the company ?
We had the equipment and infrastructure, the customer base and a group of dedicated employees .... instead they decided to wipe out the lives of thousands just so they could liquidate the company and eliminate some competition.
Just an opinion ......

trucker4cf said:
1st settlement priority. They owe me almost 7k and you see what i got. It's quite pathetic. They said it could drag on for years.

Thanks. The only thing they owed me was one weeks vacation but I have heard nothing about any money coming my way

i don't know of anyone here at knoxville that's got a check yet i don't think we are holding out much hope for one

CFer said:
Thanks. The only thing they owed me was one weeks vacation but I have heard nothing about any money coming my way
CFer ... trucker4cf was a management employee and therefore he will get a different settlement then we will. The contractual employees will still have money coming for unused vacation, pro-rated vacation, sick and personal days.
I received a letter ( dated 7/3/06 ) from the Teamster lawyer regarding the progress of the bankruptcy, which stated negotiations continue to resolve the outstanding claims for the above mentioned items.
He stated the expected payout in the 15 to 20 cents on the dollar range.
So far the company is challenging our claims and the union, an independent auditor all come up with different amounts so it will take time to settle all these claims.
He quoted " The process of identifying and resolving the discrepancies has gone on for more then six months, and we expect it will continue for several more months at least. "
Hope this provides some information for those who wonder if we will ever see some of what we lost.