finally $$

flstc2000 said:
CFer ... trucker4cf was a management employee and therefore he will get a different settlement then we will. The contractual employees will still have money coming for unused vacation, pro-rated vacation, sick and personal days.
I received a letter ( dated 7/3/06 ) from the Teamster lawyer regarding the progress of the bankruptcy, which stated negotiations continue to resolve the outstanding claims for the above mentioned items.
He stated the expected payout in the 15 to 20 cents on the dollar range.
So far the company is challenging our claims and the union, an independent auditor all come up with different amounts so it will take time to settle all these claims.
He quoted " The process of identifying and resolving the discrepancies has gone on for more then six months, and we expect it will continue for several more months at least. "
Hope this provides some information for those who wonder if we will ever see some of what we lost.

Thanks for the update flstc2000. I really didn't expect anything this fast anyway.

flstc2000 said:
What an insult !! How many years did you give as a loyal employee to receive that amount ?
Management or contractual, we all got exactly what the executive team planned !
Which leads me to a question we all asked back then .... why wouldn't they sell the company ?
We had the equipment and infrastructure, the customer base and a group of dedicated employees .... instead they decided to wipe out the lives of thousands just so they could liquidate the company and eliminate some competition.
Just an opinion ......
I had 18 years.

flstc2000 said:
What an insult !! How many years did you give as a loyal employee to receive that amount ?
Management or contractual, we all got exactly what the executive team planned !
Which leads me to a question we all asked back then .... why wouldn't they sell the company ?
We had the equipment and infrastructure, the customer base and a group of dedicated employees .... instead they decided to wipe out the lives of thousands just so they could liquidate the company and eliminate some competition.
Just an opinion ......
It is probably very close to the truth.

by the way cf was sold to ups. It was a done deal but the board fired roger c. to block the sale. yes it was planned all along.

trucker4cf said:
by the way cf was sold to ups. It was a done deal but the board fired roger c. to block the sale. yes it was planned all along.
That information just made my stomach sink .....
The rumors had floated for a while, most were excited, just as the the big " O " guys are, but need I say .... it worked out they way they planned it !

as for the ups deal whos know's for sure and what about us and yellow we were going merge to. it all started in 1982 AND IT WAS A SLOW DEATH TO. I HOPE I GET TO SEE CON-WAY SHUT THERE DOOR TO AND A SLOW DEATH FOR THEM TO

trucker4cf said:
A friend worked at CF till the close.After the close he went to UPS .While at UPS, his facility, had a visit from UPS top management.My friend started a conversation with one of them and when he stated he previously worked at CF,the man from UPS top management said UPS tried to buy CF in 1995 and also again right before the close.We all know the outcome.

excfman said:
...............AND IT WAS A SLOW DEATH TO. I HOPE I GET TO SEE CON-WAY SHUT THERE DOOR TO AND A SLOW DEATH FOR THEM TO

To wish 25,000 men and women to lose their jobs is as bad as what CF did to you. My wife, my two kids, and I had nothing to do with you losing your job nor did the other thousands of drivers, mechanics, office personal, and their families.

If Con-Way shut the doors tomorrow, the ones that made the decision to close down CF wouldn't hurt one bit.

One more thing excfman, I remember the day they shut down CF. There was not one person at Con-Way who I talk to about it, was glad that CF shut down.

It was, and always has been the executive team that controlled Consolidated Freightways destiny. Their decision to close was based completely on the money they would stand to make.
Bankruptcy allowed them to liquidate and sell off all property owned while cheating the thousands of people that not only worked for them, but who performed services and supplied goods to the company.
I wouldn't wish any company to close .... each man or woman needs their job to support families and themselves.
Last time I looked we are all in the same boat .... struggling middle class people hoping to do an honest days work so we can pay our bills and provide a decent life for our kids.
Now as for those members of the executive team, and John B. ( the liquidator ), I hope the day comes when they must account for what they did in the name of money.
Said it before .... may they be consumed in the fires of hell !

well stoker not one con-way person here call us ask how are you doing you need anything or said we sorry and we had people that went up there and ask for app and you know what they said don't you.and yes there was con-way people wanted us to shut are doors i know i had a lot of hot word's with them here in knoxville i will never have anything for them here and dont buy anything if i know you if haul it if i make you mad sorry about but till your in our shoes you dont know what it feel like

trucker4cf said:
I had my ideas about CF and the closing. It's amazing that nobody sees this as a "corprate decision" to close a union company. As a RDWY employee you guys don't know how close we were to the same ending when we were "spun off" from Roberts Express, Viking, Spartan and RPS back in the late 90's. They wanted the same result for us too. DS.

excfman said:
well stoker not one con-way person here call us ask how are you doing you need anything or said we sorry and we had people that went up there and ask for app and you know what they said don't you.and yes there was con-way people wanted us to shut are doors i know i had a lot of hot word's with them here in knoxville i will never have anything for them here and dont buy anything if i know you if haul it if i make you mad sorry about but till your in our shoes you dont know what it feel like

No you didn't make me mad, I was hired by Con-Way who was owned by CF with the Teamsters blessings. I have nothing to say I'm sorry about, except that I hate that you lost your job. There was nothing I could do about it.

Your right I don't know what it is to walk in your shoes. But to wish all that bitterness and hatred on others that had nothing to do with your job closing is wrong, and I hope over time that your wounds will heal.

excfman said:

No you didn't make me mad. I have nothing to say I'm sorry about, except that I hate that you lost your job. But there was nothing I could do about it.

Your right I don't know what it is to walk in your shoes. But to wish all that bitterness and hatred on others that had nothing to do with your job closing is wrong, and I hope over time that your wounds will heal.

you dont want me up there trust me as for getting over it and moving on never as long as i know there out there i dont hate you people but i don't care for you all. as for you not having anything do with putting us out you work for them don't you there no other freight company out there to work for

Just sit tight excfman everydog has its day!When YellowRoadway,Fedex freight,and now ups freight get done with conway there won't be nothing left but a pile of bones!The same clowns fly by me everynite with their wagons wiggiling down the road "empties" weaving in and out of traffic!I wouldn't give them the right time of day let alone blink the headlights to move back over.

this thread has ran it's course.and is so far off topic that it is now closed.plus the following rule have been broken over and over.

1)Do Treat people with respect.

2)Do Not resort to childish name calling if someone does not agree with your view.

6)Posts deemed to be just mean spirited posts or posts made just to antagonize others may be removed at the discretion of the site administration, the idea behind this site is to create harmony amongst people in the transportation industry.