ABF | Financial Report (Earnings?) due in just over 1 hour

6PakAbs

TB Veteran
Credits
I hate to call it an "earnings" report to Wall Street...If we do have "earnings" it will be due to the "beg backs"...So, Let's just wait and see..

Often times good reports are issued early and poor reports are issued after the market closes...

I hate to call it an "earnings" report to Wall Street...If we do have "earnings" it will be due to the "beg backs"...So, Let's just wait and see..
well, I am not a Harvard MBA in accounting, but it seems like the "asset light" (err--non union) is driving the ArcBest Corp. The "asset based--aka ABF Freight System operated at 98.2 versus 96.7 from the prior year...Just wondering how much of the "asset-light" division (non union, Panther, etc) will affect the unionized LTL side...also, I wonder what it would have been without the $ubstantial wages and benefits cuts pushed down the throats by the deep pocketed Teamsters Union? Any thoughts? Again, not an executive MBA. I once had a CPS ask me..."What is 1 + 1 equal? He then replied..whatever you want it to...so with that in mind, with all the twisted accounting language, who can tell? I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the day to see how Wall Street responds.

well, I am not a Harvard MBA in accounting, but it seems like the "asset light" (err--non union) is driving the ArcBest Corp. The "asset based--aka ABF Freight System operated at 98.2 versus 96.7 from the prior year...Just wondering how much of the "asset-light" division (non union, Panther, etc) will affect the unionized LTL side...also, I wonder what it would have been without the $ubstantial wages and benefits cuts pushed down the throats by the deep pocketed Teamsters Union? Any thoughts? Again, not an executive MBA. I once had a CPS ask me..."What is 1 + 1 equal? He then replied..whatever you want it to...so with that in mind, with all the twisted accounting language, who can tell? I guess we'll have to wait until the end of the day to see how Wall Street responds.

Wall Street has been taking aim at Multi-Employer pension funds for the last 10 years, starting way back with an editorial in the WSJ about how Union-held pension funds should not be allowed to do......"social engineering".......... with the stocks they owned. ........They were upset that some Union pension funds had divested their Wal-Mart stock,....... because of Wal-Mart's anti-Union attitude toward their employees.

So I would imagine ABF/ARCBEST board of directors is starting to don their sackcloth and ashes.........With Wall Street's blessing....... in preparation for the upcoming contract talks.

Remember how poor they were last contract........... They could barely afford to buy Panther a new corporate headquarters building,........What with having to build their own new corporate headquarters ........ plus giving out those corporate bonuses to the five top executives..........

Didn't we all feel sorry for them? I mean...... even after they took about $6000 a year off of each of us,........ they still had a hard time paying the consulting firm their $400,000 to do the study on the effects of the logo change........

I know I practically broke down in tears........ when I heard about how badly they had to scrounge to buy Albert Moving and Storage,.. and all those other logistics companies.........

Wall Street has been taking aim at Multi-Employer pension funds for the last 10 years, starting way back with an editorial in the WSJ about how Union-held pension funds should not be allowed to do......"social engineering".......... with the stocks they owned. ........They were upset that some Union pension funds had divested their Wal-Mart stock,....... because of Wal-Mart's anti-Union attitude toward their employees.

So I would imagine ABF/ARCBEST board of directors is starting to don their sackcloth and ashes.........With Wall Street's blessing....... in preparation for the upcoming contract talks.

Remember how poor they were last contract........... They could barely afford to buy Panther a new corporate headquarters building,........What with having to build their own new corporate headquarters ........ plus giving out those corporate bonuses to the five top executives..........

Didn't we all feel sorry for them? I mean...... even after they took about $6000 a year off of each of us,........ they still had a hard time paying the consulting firm their $400,000 to do the study on the effects of the logo change........

I know I practically broke down in tears........ when I heard about how badly they had to scrounge to buy Albert Moving and Storage,.. and all those other logistics companies.........
Ya nailed it again. But will we remember what they did to us so they could benefit, right before we place that check in the ballot box? von

Its really hard to put into words the "great relief" I felt when I learned, very shortly after the contract was singed, that Upper managment got such large bonuses and Judy got such a large raise.

Its really hard to put into words the "great relief" I felt when I learned, very shortly after the contract was singed, that Upper managment got such large bonuses and Judy got such a large raise.
She was handsomely rewarded for her job well done, I just hope that those who got duped still remember that. It would also be nice if our union 'leadership' helped them to remember...but I'm not very optimistic that they will.