Yellow | Financially improving YRC makes internal changes for efficiency, safety improvements

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
The changes involve layoffs of about 100 middle managers at both YRC’s long-haul and regional carriers, including Holland in its Central States area. In a statement, YRC said the company is making "normal rightsizing adjustments" as a result of advances it has made in processes and technology, and a not a combination of any of the three regional carriers.

“Number one, we have not consolidated anything from a physical network structure to any one of the other companies -- all four companies (YRC Freight, Holland, Reddaway and New Penn) today remain independent,” YRC Worldwide CEO James Welch said on a Feb. 6 conference call.

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...s_internal_changes_for_efficiency_safety_impr

:bananapartyhat:

The changes involve layoffs of about 100 middle managers at both YRC’s long-haul and regional carriers, including Holland in its Central States area. In a statement, YRC said the company is making "normal rightsizing adjustments" as a result of advances it has made in processes and technology, and a not a combination of any of the three regional carriers.

“Number one, we have not consolidated anything from a physical network structure to any one of the other companies -- all four companies (YRC Freight, Holland, Reddaway and New Penn) today remain independent,” YRC Worldwide CEO James Welch said on a Feb. 6 conference call.

http://www.logisticsmgmt.com/articl...s_internal_changes_for_efficiency_safety_impr

:bananapartyhat:
Next area to work on!

4LRMXiM.jpg

I'm waiting for our forum mouthpiece to put his 2 cents in on how 5.21 million is justified for a years pay. 5.21mil is outrageous for this outfit
I don't think ABFer would know the answer to your question. Imo.

Last edited:
Ok So Jamie makes $2.67 million as a consultant ??? but they can't afford to give us back out -15% ??? Riddle me that ??? and where the HELL is out Union to ask about this ???
Wait it gets even better with Jamie Pierson.He isn't going to be here for a full year.Just transition

Quit all the complaining we all voted for all this crap, concessions will never go away, I can see us getting 5 percent back at contract, so now you only giving up 10 percent, and this will pass seen this at many other trucking companies. Take it this is the way it is. Or stick together and strike

Quit all the complaining we all voted for all this crap, concessions will never go away, I can see us getting 5 percent back at contract, so now you only giving up 10 percent, and this will pass seen this at many other trucking companies. Take it this is the way it is. Or stick together and strike
Did we vote for this or did they make a unprecedented change to voting procedure by saying who did not vote counted as a yes vote. It got voted down the time before this change. Isn't that correct?

Also the union owns interest in YRCW now so how do you get approved to strike? Conflict of interest big time!

Ok So Jamie makes $2.67 million as a consultant ??? but they can't afford to give us back out -15% ??? Riddle me that ??? and where the HELL is out Union to ask about this ???

If Jamie worked for free and that $2.67 million was given to us it would amount to about $107 per year per Teamster. Do the math.

If Jamie worked for free and that $2.67 million was given to us it would amount to about $107 per year per Teamster. Do the math.
No, we have to agree to Disagree on this subject Trip , think your math is off ? and plus I know you will stand up for YRC no matter what and that's fine , But here's a Question for you Trip at what point or if ever should the Driver's that support the company ever get a pay raise in your point of view ??

No, we have to agree to Disagree on this subject Trip , think your math is off ? and plus I know you will stand up for YRC no matter what and that's fine , But here's a Question for you Trip at what point or if ever should the Driver's that support the company ever get a pay raise in your point of view ??

You can "think" my math is off all you want Wong, but sadly for you it's not. Try doing the math yourself, it's not rocket science. By the way, doing some math correctly and pointing out the result is not in any way "standing up for YRC", it's simply doing the math, period. Besides that, show me where I ever said anything about not wanting drivers to get a pay raise. You need to stop listening to those voices in your head, they're messing with you.