Yellow | Fired 342

mustache

TB Legend
Credits
Just to let you know 342 (Kansas City) has fired a roaddriver with 30yrs. for saying something on the CB,(HEARSAY) don't know any more, be careful about what U say. Be safe, mustache

That also happened at 682 several years ago.The so called safety man taped a CB conversation between two drivers.One got his job back,the other didn't.

If that sticks and they loose there jobs. What is next? Getting fired for typing something here? I just can't see anything being said on the CB or Truckingboards should or could cause someone to get fired and it to stick....

:rockon:
Toxic said:
If that sticks and they loose there jobs. What is next? Getting fired for typing something here? I just can't see anything being said on the CB or Truckingboards should or could cause someone to get fired and it to stick....

the moderators seem to remind us and keep this a good board, just keep in mind the rules
and watch for the freindly reminders and all should be ok.....

Chicago Roadway said:
:rockon:

the moderators seem to remind us and keep this a good board, just keep in mind the rules
and watch for the freindly reminders and all should be ok.....
I think I can speak for IRC here, as long a you guys follow the rules , you can post anything you want. I think information is what most of us are here for. As long as you aren't passing along "trade secrets" you guys will be safe. Wonder what the men got fired for?? Were they talking junk about RDWY or a certain manager there?? I think it's kind of odd. DS.

TheBigR said:
Gotta be more to the story........Would never stand up in committee or court.
I go to all Mo-Kan grievance hearings and I'll bet this will be settled before it goes to the table......if not, I can't wait till next month.

FCC rules come into play you can listen to a conversation but you cannot tape it and use it unless it is an illegal transmission on an assigned freq..then you need to send it to the fcc for litogation .They could say no cb's in company trucks but that would be counterproductive> I would say that the company has broken some fed laws in this case:poster_oops:

stldude44 said:
I go to all Mo-Kan grievance hearings and I'll bet this will be settled before it goes to the table......if not, I can't wait till next month.
Let us know stldude44 what goes down....

This is an on going thing between two drivers that have not liked each other for years, One of the men is a minority and other was overheard using discriminitive language by a third party.....It's a big mess that never should have been.

pullintriples said:
This is an on going thing between two drivers that have not liked each other for years, One of the men is a minority and other was overheard using discriminitive language by a third party.....It's a big mess that never should have been.
Hey pullin.........the guys have the right not to like each other. In my opinion once you bring race into it, it has gone too far and has to be stopped. It would be really hard to explain to Mrs. DS how I lost my job being a *****. DS.

I agree whole heartedly, if the man used this language, then he got what's coming to him..I really doubt the "N" word was actually used from what I have heard. And there is much more to the story, but telling the whold thing and giving my opinion might get me in hot water too.

dont know the whole story buuuttt.....
in 98 had a safetyman record cb conversation of three drivers and actually told the drivers who he was and what he was doing and all three commenced to berate,cuss,defame ,slander and anyother bad language you could think of all the while trying to find the guy that was recording them/ who was in a camper with wife and three children on vaca.
allTHREE lost their jobs
moral of story::only you are responsible for what you say
#2 it doesnt matter what channel your on per the fcc/ they are public airways
#3listen to grandma;if you dont have somethng good to say then dont say nothing at all
ps iwas on safety comm that had to rule on this ,it was sent to fcc they also were fined(later dropped) by fcc/ hard evidence

man, when it comes to insults involving race, we all lose. it tends to seperate guys on the job and make everyone feel uncomfortable.

we had an incident at our trm. about a month ago where a senor man and a casual were fired for fighting on the job. also, allegedly the senor man called the casual the dreaded "N" word. they go from fighting in the yard and then make their way to the office where the senor man hits the guy in the face in front of the VP of the N.E. :poster_oops: as well as other office workers. because of this there are some guys that just refuse to talk to oneanother. some have damn good reasons and some do not.

now the senor man is known as the most miserable person on planet earth, no sh*t ! from what i was told, because of his co. disciplinary file being as thick as a dictionary and the B.A. telling him to knock it off, he doesn't stand a chance in hell at the arbitration. we'll see. with almost 20yrs. on the job and 2 kids at home, what a way to go out :poster_stupid: all because of a disease called ignorance.

The racial aspect of the case sure puts it in a different light than just a few guys talking on the radio. These types of issues are very touchy nowdays. It could be that Roadway is just trying to cover it's butt in a possible future lawsuit, especially if the minority is claiming that he feels threatened now. It should prove to be very interesting. And I take back my earlier prediction that it'll be settled before it goes to MO-KAN. I said that before I knew it was a racial thing.

Ok was told today 9/24/06 that the 30yr man was back on his bid today, don't know any thing else, Drive Safe. Mustache / Retired