XPO | fired thread

You're welcome.
I've been in trucking a long time andtruly believe the more management a carrier has the more disfunctional it becomes. Trucking is such an easy business, just haul freight from a-b on time and intact and your golden. But for some reason so many of these larger carriers want to add layer after layer of management and all they want to do is anything but move freight. At Yrc the bosses want to talk about everything that doesnt have anything to do with picking up and delivering freight. You should see the disgust in the dispatchers face if somebody calls in an extra trailer load of freight, you would think someone just killed their puppy. Of course their first question to the customer is to ask if they want us to come get it today and if they say yes thats when phones, clipboards and anything else close by start flying threw the air. How dare customers want to give us extra freight, and heaven forbid they want us to pick it up today!

I've been in trucking a long time andtruly believe the more management a carrier has the more disfunctional it becomes. Trucking is such an easy business, just haul freight from a-b on time and intact and your golden. But for some reason so many of these larger carriers want to add layer after layer of management and all they want to do is anything but move freight. At Yrc the bosses want to talk about everything that doesnt have anything to do with picking up and delivering freight. You should see the disgust in the dispatchers face if somebody calls in an extra trailer load of freight, you would think someone just killed their puppy. Of course their first question to the customer is to ask if they want us to come get it today and if they say yes thats when phones, clipboards and anything else close by start flying threw the air. How dare customers want to give us extra freight, and heaven forbid they want us to pick it up today!
Wow I remember them days! What they only called in 3 tell them we can't get the other 8, you have other customers. Yeah but just saw Joe across street and he said he had half van and headed back in! You drive the truck BOY and let me dispatch:tr10driving03::lmao:

Maybe they'll get you a lean team ? And then you can tell us all about how stupid these people are.

Another good idea. They'll get you some sweet new tires. Tell of how great they are, but there is no traction. You'll spin out in rain. What good is a trucking company with trucks that get stuck on pavement ?

Another recent winning concept. All these damages can be avoided if we use less trailers. So we are going to fill the ::shit:: out of everything to the point stuff gets tore up and creates damages and then haul empties.

Good luck !!! And you're welcome !!!

Maybe they'll get you a lean team ? And then you can tell us all about how stupid these people are.

Another good idea. They'll get you some sweet new tires. Tell of how great they are, but there is no traction. You'll spin out in rain. What good is a trucking company with trucks that get stuck on pavement ?

Another recent winning concept. All these damages can be avoided if we use less trailers. So we are going to fill the :::shit::: out of everything to the point stuff gets tore up and creates damages and then haul empties.

Good luck !!! And you're welcome !!!
I sure hope they don't bring those bowling team uniforms with them!!!

Haha! Giving the conjob a screw back!

I like this part, " reinstate the two fired workers and pay them back wages and benefits, and take other steps."

and

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/111915_administrativelawjudgesdecision.pdf

You guys should check out pages 6 and 7 about the drivecam stuff.

The Respondent hired Cruz & Associates in response to the union drive. Labor Consultants Edward Echanique (Echanique) and Luis Camarena (Camarena) from Cruz & Associates provided services to the Respondent from September 23–October 21, 2014.17 Shortly after they were hired, Camarena and Echanique held meetings and talked to employees one-onone. (Tr. 632–634.) Camarena rode along with employees on their routes to answer questions 35 starting the week of September 29. (Tr. 520–522, 632–634, 724–725, 783–784.) When they introduced themselves they said they were there on Con-Way’s behalf, as representatives of ConWay. (Tr. 737–739, 793.)

As part of their work at Con-Way, Camarena and Echanique assessed which employees were pro-union and which employees were anti-union. Employees were rated on a scale of 1–5, with a rating of 1 indicating pro-Company, and a rating of 5 being pro-Union. (Tr. 914–919.) 5 During the week of September 23, Placencia attended a meeting Camarena conducted. At least one other driver, Victor Rivas, was also present. (Tr. 197, 726.) Camarena spoke, and Echanique was in the room but remained silent. There are different versions of what occurred. I find no particular version entirely credible, and address my salient credibility findings in the context of my decision and analysis.

Edit: Actually you guys should read on more. The knife stuff is really weird, IMO.

Last edited: