ODFL | Fired while on comp?

Ace1982

TB Lurker
Credits
So we have a guy that got hurt pretty serious about a yr ago. He's had surgery on his arm and he's been here 20yrs. He was about 1-2months from being released(what I've heard) and OD decides to just fire him...Why? Can they do that? Would they do that? Can anyone actually retire from here? What kind of company is this? I also heard theyd just pay out some lawsuit and take the loss. Is this going on anywhere else? Is this how they are?

Depending on state law they can. Some states are 6 months, some 3. You get put into long term disability , once your out so long. Now depending on the company they will slow you to reapply for a job.

So we have a guy that got hurt pretty serious about a yr ago. He's had surgery on his arm and he's been here 20yrs. He was about 1-2months from being released(what I've heard) and OD decides to just fire him...Why? Can they do that? Would they do that? Can anyone actually retire from here? What kind of company is this? I also heard theyd just pay out some lawsuit and take the loss. Is this going on anywhere else? Is this how they are?
Not the first time I've seen it....would they? They just did! It's a business, never forget that. Talk family all day long, but if you ain't a productive member of the family, DIVORCE!

Family means absolutely nothing to the soul less humans in NC. Just a bunch of lies they spin to sell service. Our terminal has done the same to two drivers over the past year.

Family means absolutely nothing to the soul less humans in NC. Just a bunch of lies they spin to sell service. Our terminal has done the same to two drivers over the past year.

Dude -- if you hate this company so much -- leave! I haven't seen any positive contributions from you on here -- and I'm sure you're just a peach to talk to in person. I'm guessing you got burned in the past...let it go or move on.

Dude -- if you hate this company so much -- leave! I haven't seen any positive contributions from you on here -- and I'm sure you're just a peach to talk to in person. I'm guessing you got burned in the past...let it go or move on.
:stirthepot: BillyLo is just making a statement about what's going at that terminal, that's happen at the Atlanta Term. too and he is right about NC. If NC cared, Atlanta Term's. and some of the other Term's would be in better shape. You must be new at OD, wait a few years and you will see the light!!!!:shift:

Old and hurt? Sounds as if he became a detriment to the OR. Cant have someone slowing down the hauling of numbers

:stirthepot: BillyLo is just making a statement about what's going at that terminal, that's happen at the Atlanta Term. too and he is right about NC. If NC cared, Atlanta Term's. and some of the other Term's would be in better shape. You must be new at OD, wait a few years and you will see the light!!!!:shift:

Not new -- and I guarantee I've seen more sides of OD than you or BillyLo-mood. Not just through the windshield. It's all how you look at things -- don't be a Debbie Downer and things might look better. I can say without a doubt that there are many great folks at CPT that do really care about the terminals. Things have to be communicated to them in the first place.

Debbie Downer? Is that what you folks in Corp told my buddy's family when he was killed by a hostler in our yard a few months ago? My attitude changed when I saw how that was swept under the rug. Sweet tribute too, barely a sentence and a small picture mixed in with a bunch of guys receiving 2.0 awards in the newsline rag.

Last edited:
Don't you newer guys let guru and fs fool you, hurt yourself around here and you're deadweight that won't be coming back if you're grounded too long. You management guys better start scrambling to fix crap like this that's going on because the word is getting out that this place isn't the ltl utopia.

Not new -- and I guarantee I've seen more sides of OD than you or BillyLo-mood. Not just through the windshield. It's all how you look at things -- don't be a Debbie Downer and things might look better. I can say without a doubt that there are many great folks at CPT that do really care about the terminals. Things have to be communicated to them in the first place.

Communicate anything to corporate and you're next on the retaliation list. Been here almost twenty years in different parts of the country. All the same.

Reactions: DMT
Don't you newer guys let guru and fs fool you, hurt yourself around here and you're deadweight that won't be coming back if you're grounded too long. You management guys better start scrambling to fix crap like this that's going on because the word is getting out that this place isn't the ltl utopia.
Who is trying to fool anyone? Im posting my opinion just as you are. Never said it was perfect, just don't believe every he said, she said.

When you have a debate about something and it starts turning against you calling names is a bad sign. We all state our opinion, what once was a fantastic growing company now has "people" in upper management that were not there during the growing years who are changing the way the company looks at the employees. We used to be the family or team now we are just numbers. My biggest gripe about everything this company is doing right now is nothing else matters but the numbers. If OD were operating in the high 90s I would completely understand this mindset, but with the numbers we are being told OD is operating at. It feels like the company does not have enough money to pay the bills. "please Just One More"

When you have a debate about something and it starts turning against you calling names is a bad sign. We all state our opinion, what once was a fantastic growing company now has "people" in upper management that were not there during the growing years who are changing the way the company looks at the employees. We used to be the family or team now we are just numbers. My biggest gripe about everything this company is doing right now is nothing else matters but the numbers. If OD were operating in the high 90s I would completely understand this mindset, but with the numbers we are being told OD is operating at. It feels like the company does not have enough money to pay the bills. "please Just One More"
Greed will take us down.You listen to customers and all you hear is .We love you guy's.BUT,you are higher than the other.Not by a couple dollars .But,by $100's and then you want us to ask for one more.Our Customers see how much money this company makes and how much Upper Management takes in.Then you has employee starts ? Ourselves.