ODFL | Fired while on comp?

I was out 7 weeks right about my 5 month mark here, they kept my job and let me back, now it's been 15 months since injury and all is good, I did have to pass the strength test to come back

Corporate told me since I didn't have surgery I would not have to see one of their doctors. All I had to do is get a drug screen, which never end up happening.

Interesting. I've heard a few cases where the TM will say it was a desicion made at CPT -- but in reality I do believe it's up to them. If it's someone they want back...they will still have a job.

More of those great lying family values OD cherishes so much.

This company is soooo f'ed up it's unbelievable. I get a call from the insurance co. that handles the short term disability, and they tell me that corporate (benefits dept.) says I was terminated 12/13/15. I said that's funny I was working at that time. I told the lady I was terminated on Monday 2/15 verbally over the phone. She says weren't you suppose to return to work on the 15th, I said yes, but apparently the 2 doctors notes weren't good enough. Now they want the money back. What kind of circus are they running in NC?

This company is soooo f'ed up it's unbelievable. I get a call from the insurance co. that handles the short term disability, and they tell me that corporate (benefits dept.) says I was terminated 12/13/15. I said that's funny I was working at that time. I told the lady I was terminated on Monday 2/15 verbally over the phone. She says weren't you suppose to return to work on the 15th, I said yes, but apparently the 2 doctors notes weren't good enough. Now they want the money back. What kind of circus are they running in NC?
The kind that makes a lot of money and apparently will do anything to keep it

It would have been documented that you worked on those dates.

Communicate anything to corporate and you're next on the retaliation list. Been here almost twenty years in different parts of the country. All the same.
So is that why your ranting on TB. instead of standing up for how you really feel, and realying your concerns to the higher ups.

I am not going to get in a:bat: other this, I stated something. OD is great LTL carrier and I will be OD until I retire in 2 years. But OD has problems at lot of Terms. in the system and the problems have been address and communicated to (CORP.) for the last 20 years and still no help!! I do not thing you seen:kickedoutsmile: more sides to OD then I have and the last 46 years that I been in this freight business. Have a nice day Guru:moon2:
Once you grow as much as od did in the last few years, it is much harder to keep growing & keep control of a family type atmosphere....welcome to the world of corporate greed....

Could be like the TM in NA firing any one that has many years with the company,what an ass hole.
You know the saying,"you can't teach an old dog new tricks".
OD is going through a lot of changes, keeping on the top is hard to do. OD is doing that and am glad I am part of this team. Yes, OD has hired a lot of Drivers from other companies and as Senior Drivers we need to help guide the newbies the correct way. Be part of the Team or get out of the way.

You know the saying,"you can't teach an old dog new tricks".
OD is going through a lot of changes, keeping on the top is hard to do. OD is doing that and am glad I am part of this team. Yes, OD has hired a lot of Drivers from other companies and as Senior Drivers we need to help guide the newbies the correct way. Be part of the Team or get out of the way.
First off calling a driver that came from another company with some experience a "newbie" is insulting. Second of all, most the drivers OD is hiring have come from FedEx, Conway, YRC, and Reddeway. All at the time much bigger then OD. Instead of telling them to "get out of the way" maybe we could call on their experience to see what works and what doesn't. This job is the same no matter what company you work for. Drivers aren't leaving behind years with another company because OD has this special way of running freight. Their leaving because of the way they where treated. The worst thing that could happen to any company is when it's people become indifferent, they don't care either way. Come in do my job and go home. Management needs push back from the divers when something isn't working and it needs our support when it does. Telling people that you must do it this way and your opinion doesn't matter not only stunts the growth but also undermines the thing that makes this place special, it's people.

First off calling a driver that came from another company with some experience a "newbie" is insulting. Second of all, most the drivers OD is hiring have come from FedEx, Conway, YRC, and Reddeway. All at the time much bigger then OD. Instead of telling them to "get out of the way" maybe we could call on their experience to see what works and what doesn't. This job is the same no matter what company you work for. Drivers aren't leaving behind years with another company because OD has this special way of running freight. Their leaving because of the way they where treated. The worst thing that could happen to any company is when it's people become indifferent, they don't care either way. Come in do my job and go home. Management needs push back from the divers when something isn't working and it needs our support when it does. Telling people that you must do it this way and your opinion doesn't matter not only stunts the growth but also undermines the thing that makes this place special, it's people.
Guess you are a NEWBIE.
At one time OD would not hire from any union company, they did not want that kind of attitude around. When coming from the outside they do an extensive background check (sometimes even hire before completely done, and let go in a couple of months).
When coming from another company they also watch and listen to insure you comply with the OD guide lines, not bring the things from company X. They groom you to the OD way.
Sorry but we are all NEWBIES at any new place we go to.
But there are towels around if you need one.

Guess you are a NEWBIE.
At one time OD would not hire from any union company, they did not want that kind of attitude around. When coming from the outside they do an extensive background check (sometimes even hire before completely done, and let go in a couple of months).
When coming from another company they also watch and listen to insure you comply with the OD guide lines, not bring the things from company X. They groom you to the OD way.
Sorry but we are all NEWBIES at any new place we go to.
But there are towels around if you need one.
Can't believe you're a driver trainer. We've got a guy just like you at my terminal. Got a veteran driver coming over from YRC, I talked to him for a couple minutes and found out he had 20 years experience under his belt. Along comes Mr. Knowitall and starts to explain to him how to hook a set and put placards on. The guy was to nice to tell him to **** up a rope, so I did. Explained to Mr. Knowitall that if you'd talk to the guy instead of just assuming you're smarter then he was, you might learn something.
I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't locked in a basement and water boarded till I confessed allegiance to OD. In fact it was just the opposite. Me coming from a competitor gave me a leg up. Knowing I could do the job and understood the even flow of the freight business was a big plus in their eyes. FedEx was much more "my way or the highway" then OD is. My experience here has been a pleasure, both in the city and line haul.
So I'll take the towel and use it to wipe the smirk off my face every time you speak of the OD way, because it's obvious to me you have no idea what my terminal is like.

Can't believe you're a driver trainer. We've got a guy just like you at my terminal. Got a veteran driver coming over from YRC, I talked to him for a couple minutes and found out he had 20 years experience under his belt. Along comes Mr. Knowitall and starts to explain to him how to hook a set and put placards on. The guy was to nice to tell him to **** up a rope, so I did. Explained to Mr. Knowitall that if you'd talk to the guy instead of just assuming you're smarter then he was, you might learn something.
I don't know about anyone else but I wasn't locked in a basement and water boarded till I confessed allegiance to OD. In fact it was just the opposite. Me coming from a competitor gave me a leg up. Knowing I could do the job and understood the even flow of the freight business was a big plus in their eyes. FedEx was much more "my way or the highway" then OD is. My experience here has been a pleasure, both in the city and line haul.
So I'll take the towel and use it to wipe the smirk off my face every time you speak of the OD way, because it's obvious to me you have no idea what my terminal is like.
Haha...**** up a rope.

Quit trying to make it sound like this place has standards Ump. OD goes straight for the fresh meat and hires the rooks out of driving schools. Just look at all the massive wrecks.

Look at your 1 year safety patch if you got one and tell me you're not a newbie.

Yes, I am a Driver Trainer and proud of it. When training any Driver I always talk with them first to relax them, let them know what I may be looking for. Watch how they do the tasked asked of them. Even Drivers that have been around for many years develop and make mistakes. Tractors change, trailers change,and so on.
Like BillyLo said,"Look at your 1 year Safety patch if you got one and tell me you're not a newbie"
Sure wish the ATA kept records of Safe Driving not just the Company presently driving for....guess you could figure out that would be a lot of Safe years and miles.

Yes, I am a Driver Trainer and proud of it. When training any Driver I always talk with them first to relax them, let them know what I may be looking for. Watch how they do the tasked asked of them. Even Drivers that have been around for many years develop and make mistakes. Tractors change, trailers change,and so on.
Like BillyLo said,"Look at your 1 year Safety patch if you got one and tell me you're not a newbie"
Sure wish the ATA kept records of Safe Driving not just the Company presently driving for....guess you could figure out that would be a lot of Safe years and miles.
Again with the chest pounding! You've probably got all your patches and pins placed neatly on your uniform so when you walk in everyone knows who you are. My guess is your uniform says driver trainer on it also and you feel that gives you some respect. I won't belittle a driver that has experience just because he's new to OD. They put In the hours just like I did and they should feel welcome, not treated like some kid out of the driver trainee program.
My record speaks for itself. Both as a driver and a teacher. My safe driving patches equal the number of years I've been driving. And my girls proudly display them in their rooms. They still love their daddy. Some of the guys I've trained to officiate are doing major collage games now. They are a credit to the profession and theirs nothing more enjoyable then sitting in the stands rooting for the man in blue. So you and your friend Billylo can continue to treat people with disdain and keep letting them know how much better you are then them, I'll choose to treat people as equals and when the time is right, offer some guidance.

Obviously he drinks way too much OD kool aid.

Again with the chest pounding! You've probably got all your patches and pins placed neatly on your uniform so when you walk in everyone knows who you are. My guess is your uniform says driver trainer on it also and you feel that gives you some respect. I won't belittle a driver that has experience just because he's new to OD. They put In the hours just like I did and they should feel welcome, not treated like some kid out of the driver trainee program.
My record speaks for itself. Both as a driver and a teacher. My safe driving patches equal the number of years I've been driving. And my girls proudly display them in their rooms. They still love their daddy. Some of the guys I've trained to officiate are doing major collage games now. They are a credit to the profession and theirs nothing more enjoyable then sitting in the stands rooting for the man in blue. So you and your friend Billylo can continue to treat people with disdain and keep letting them know how much better you are then them, I'll choose to treat people as equals and when the time is right, offer some guidance.

Just make sure my tractor has enough gogo juice in it for my city run in the morning or I'll go in the office and complain like I do about all the other new guys.