XPO | Firings!

they wouldnt fire them if they didnt have a good reason, most drivers that get fired cut there own throat, you gotta play it by the book, especially when its slow

I concur. "walking the line" is pretty easy in this co. The only people I have ever seen fired had to really break major rules.
In my opinion anyway.:Violin:

Rhotrod,
Welcome to Truckingboards. You're correct in your statement about what Mgmt. wants drivers to think....it's acalled 'Divide and conquer' and it's been going on since the beginning of time.

get used to this trend. I get the feeling that the closer we get to the ICP payouts, the more firings we'll see so that they can save ICP money.

CCX1951 said:
get used to this trend. I get the feeling that the closer we get to the ICP payouts, the more firings we'll see so that they can save ICP money.
if the firings are for solid reasons(damaging to much freight,slow on p&d,bad relations with customers etc. i have no problem with it

Most of the people who get fired are the decent ones. They usually keep the deadbeats that do not pull their weight. They need to get rid of some dead weight drivers and management.

Got to love all the negativity no one really know's why these drivers were fired but yet the "glass is half empty" folks sit back and blame the company. Most guys I have seen fired were either for to many accidnets or refusing work assignments. Maybe I drink to much "cool aid" but I prefer living in my positive "glass is half full" world. It's alot more fun. Come and join me......

loose change said:
Most of the people who get fired are the decent ones. They usually keep the deadbeats that do not pull their weight. They need to get rid of some dead weight drivers and management.
One was canned for stealing from a vending machine.Two other were forced to sign a manifest they didn't load and put down different names.The one who stoled I didn't no.The other two were good.

harleyrdking01 said:
:paperbag1: :paperbag1: Leaveing The Dream
Don't leave the dream.The fun is just begining.You don't want to miss it.We need you,What about the pride you feel for your team.

Fired drivers

enronintheworks said:
they wouldnt fire them if they didnt have a good reason, most drivers that get fired cut there own throat, you gotta play it by the book, especially when its slow
What does being slow have to do with a man getting fired?
And what book do you go by?
I have been trying to find that page in the Master Freight Agreement and cant seem to locate it ? maybe you could enlighten me?
Did they get back to work with back pay?

La8Fr8 said:
What does being slow have to do with a man getting fired?
And what book do you go by?
I have been trying to find that page in the Master Freight Agreement and cant seem to locate it ? maybe you could enlighten me?
Did they get back to work with back pay?
I am sure the book refered to would be the con-way policy and procedures. The Master Freight Agreement is not used at Con-way.

TSMK said:
I am sure the book refered to would be the con-way policy and procedures. The Master Freight Agreement is not used at Con-way.
If that book ever got inside a fence the alarms would go off.