XPO | First casualty today

We had our first casualty of the GPS tracking today. He was tracked driving to Fredrickstown, Ohio from XCO. He was tracked on the way back. Its 54 miles from the terminal. Got popped for taking 23 minutes longer to get back. He was terminated today.

Traffic? Diarrhea? Helped a little old lady to cross the street? The wild animals were still running loose?

I'm not disrespecting you,just stating fact ,we got along just fine with half of the fos's we have now and now that we have the hand helds I think we could get away with only useing a third of the fos's we have now.Like I said no disrespect intended,but I can't believe one has to have a college degree to be an fos,I've been doing this along time and it sure isn't rocket science.I work a reship that has four sectors and if one fos is off another one works his sector and covers the fos's sector that is absent,I've seen this done on several occasions,so you tell me can we trim some supervision,sure looks that way to me.

I don't have a college degree. In fact I have never attended a college class of any kind.

What new info is there ? You guys are gathering cards. Well, it's probably been a while since you got any more.

People are quitting rather than stick it out. Saw that coming. So you are losing "yes votes" as they go.

You are still hoping and praying that someone else steps up and makes a real effort of this. Some scattered terminals doesn't do much.

I hope whatever happens happens in February. I don't need this crap ruining my holidays.

been awhile? Does this week count? We'll go when we get help. We're not going by ourselves. I hope its soon. It'd make a great Christmas Present !!!!!

You sure about that? Might want to do some research.

I love how you guys cryptically suggest that there is anything they can do. There really isn't. He wasn't fired during organizing or for organizing.

There is a company KAG west. They voted in the union end of August. This year. Company is stalling the process and cleaning house. Nothing the union can do.

Just give the same promises of hope or whatever that things will be better for whoever manages to stay if things work out.

See the unions are about as helpless as a baby anymore. They don't have any bite at all. I have done my reserarch. I have worked for union shops. I am familiar with the workings of a union.

You know who I am. You can feel free to come talk to me, if you think you have anything interesting or important to share. I am always open to learning something new.

been awhile? Does this week count? We'll go when we get help. We're not going by ourselves. I hope its soon. It'd make a great Christmas Present !!!!!

I am sure losing cornrow got you a few cards. Since the hand held was used to do it. If they had just fired him for bad attitude and being lazy. No one likely would have batted an eye. All summer he had been in slower than JC mode. But to get him that way has a bunch of people freaked out, which likely helped you get a few more.

I love how you guys cryptically suggest that there is anything they can do. There really isn't. He wasn't fired during organizing or for organizing.

There is a company KAG west. They voted in the union end of August. This year. Company is stalling the process and cleaning house. Nothing the union can do.

Just give the same promises of hope or whatever that things will be better for whoever manages to stay if things work out.

See the unions are about as helpless as a baby anymore. They don't have any bite at all. I have done my reserarch. I have worked for union shops. I am familiar with the workings of a union.

You know who I am. You can feel free to come talk to me, if you think you have anything interesting or important to share. I am always open to learning something new.

But there is something someone else can do. By the way, I don't know who you are. Why should I waste my time talking to to you? You've already made up your mind.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sure losing cornrow got you a few cards. Since the hand held was used to do it. If they had just fired him for bad attitude and being lazy. No one likely would have batted an eye. All summer he had been in slower than JC mode. But to get him that way has a bunch of people freaked out, which likely helped you get a few more.

How would you know how slow he moved? I mean you run linehaul and he ran liftgate on P&D. How would you possibly have firsthand information about what kind of worker he was? Let me guess, you heard from someone. That's what i've heard all week. 4 different versions of what supposedly happened with the handheld.

You're going to use the KAG group as an example why the union is helpless? Everybody should google it. They are worse than Conway with the way they treat their drivers. Look at the lawsuits that have filed against them and have lost. They were ordered to pay 14 million in September for cheating their drivers out of money. A perfect example of why they need a union. They haven't even had the Teamsters voted in for 2 months. How long do you think it takes to get a contract? Its not going to be easy. To say the union can't do anything is a lie. They can definitely file law suits and get the backing of the NLRB to stop companies. No one, even the union can keep a company from breaking the law. That is the companies choice.

How would you know how slow he moved? I mean you run linehaul and he ran liftgate on P&D. How would you possibly have firsthand information about what kind of worker he was? Let me guess, you heard from someone. That's what i've heard all week. 4 different versions of what supposedly happened with the handheld.

I did not hear anything from anyone. I did have two first hand encounters. Out and about doing my own business. And I did see him as he returned to the terminal. And I saw him as he "walk/shuffle/slothed" his way in to the drivers area. Nothing worth talking about. But you asked. I ain't saying he was the worst. I ain't saying he deserved what he got. Just answering your question.

You're going to use the KAG group as an example why the union is helpless? Everybody should google it. They are worse than Conway with the way they treat their drivers. Look at the lawsuits that have filed against them and have lost. They were ordered to pay 14 million in September for cheating their drivers out of money. A perfect example of why they need a union. They haven't even had the Teamsters voted in for 2 months. How long do you think it takes to get a contract? Its not going to be easy. To say the union can't do anything is a lie. They can definitely file law suits and get the backing of the NLRB to stop companies. No one, even the union can keep a company from breaking the law. That is the companies choice.

I use this as a perfect example of something going from worse to worser.

I wonder why you haven't made any big stink about KM ? I guess his story doesn't do anything to help your union get cards ?

Well. The other nobodyinparticular did. I wonder sometimes how many guys have run that account.

I'm sure we have talked at one time or another. No one has ever told me that he was Highspeeds here. Not that you should. If you're a no, then you're a no. Thats fine. I get guys all the time that are "No's", but constantly want to know how many cards and when are we gonna vote? I have some that won't even look at me anymore. But none of them have a better solution. They just want us to bury our heads back in the sand and pretend everything is fine. The one thing I tell everyone about Camerons situation is no matter what you think about him, you should be more upset about how they did it. They told us it wouldn't be used for that. We knew they were lying. Just like we keep getting shown the printouts of how many motor moves we are doing an hour according to the handhelds. They say the printouts are just a tool to make you aware that you are not averaging your 10 motor moves an hour and your docking more than 10% of your freight. We know they are lying about that. Its just a matter of time before someone is terminated for that. Even though we have been able to prove time and time again that the numbers are inaccurate. We're told by the TM that the numbers will balance out in the end.

Its been less than 2 months since KAG voted the union in. Barely time to get a negotiating team together. Let alone try to get the talks going. It was already worse before the union was voted in. If they are firing people just to get rid of people because of the union then it is against the law. Period.

As far as KM goes, he is just suspended for now. I hope they don't fire him. Hell of a nice guy and a real good worker. Nobody was hurt and no damage to the forklift as far as we were told. He made a mistake, but that's why the safety policy sucks. I know what you're insinuating. I don't know which side he leans on. Never talked to him about it. But if there is anything I can do for him, I will. I'd do the same for you too. Don't know if there is, but i'm willing to try.