XPO | First casualty today

I'm sure we have talked at one time or another. No one has ever told me that he was Highspeeds here. Not that you should. If you're a no, then you're a no. Thats fine. I get guys all the time that are "No's", but constantly want to know how many cards and when are we gonna vote? I have some that won't even look at me anymore. But none of them have a better solution. They just want us to bury our heads back in the sand and pretend everything is fine. The one thing I tell everyone about Camerons situation is no matter what you think about him, you should be more upset about how they did it. They told us it wouldn't be used for that. We knew they were lying. Just like we keep getting shown the printouts of how many motor moves we are doing an hour according to the handhelds. They say the printouts are just a tool to make you aware that you are not averaging your 10 motor moves an hour and your docking more than 10% of your freight. We know they are lying about that. Its just a matter of time before someone is terminated for that. Even though we have been able to prove time and time again that the numbers are inaccurate. We're told by the TM that the numbers will balance out in the end.

Its been less than 2 months since KAG voted the union in. Barely time to get a negotiating team together. Let alone try to get the talks going. It was already worse before the union was voted in. If they are firing people just to get rid of people because of the union then it is against the law. Period.

As far as KM goes, he is just suspended for now. I hope they don't fire him. Hell of a nice guy and a real good worker. Nobody was hurt and no damage to the forklift as far as we were told. He made a mistake, but that's why the safety policy sucks. I know what you're insinuating. I don't know which side he leans on. Never talked to him about it. But if there is anything I can do for him, I will. I'd do the same for you too. Don't know if there is, but i'm willing to try.
blind luck that nobody was hurt. i consider him a friend but what if you were in that trler he mispulled and ended up in a wheelchair or worse.we are paid by the hour even hostlers take your time and do it safely.

blind luck that nobody was hurt. i consider him a friend but what if you were in that trler he mispulled and ended up in a wheelchair or worse.we are paid by the hour even hostlers take your time and do it safely.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Thank god no one got hurt. I'm not saying he shouldn't be disciplined for the incident, just not sure it merits being fired. We don't know his fate yet. Everyone assumes he'll be fired, but hes a good employee and works hard, so we'll see.

I'm not disagreeing with you. Thank god no one got hurt. I'm not saying he shouldn't be disciplined for the incident, just not sure it merits being fired. We don't know his fate yet. Everyone assumes he'll be fired, but hes a good employee and works hard, so we'll see.

Go back and read the XHG rollover thread again. They never miss a chance to fire anyone.

Go back and read the XHG rollover thread again. They never miss a chance to fire anyone.

now wait a minute i thought we lived in an at will state and they could fire you just for kicks...so why in your paranoid world would they have to invent or look for reasons to fire people.

now wait a minute i thought we lived in an at will state and they could fire you just for kicks...so why in your paranoid world would they have to invent or look for reasons to fire people.

When things like this pop up, it reminds them that you are still here.

Ten motor moves.. lol our average is barely 7. Ya'll must be moving some freight!

I don't want you too have a heart attack or anything, but I got a star card 2 weeks ago because I averaged almost 15 motor moves an hour and docked less than 30% of my freight for the entire week. Showed it to my wife and lets just say she was VERY impressed.

I don't want you too have a heart attack or anything, but I got a star card 2 weeks ago because I averaged almost 15 motor moves an hour and docked less than 30% of my freight for the entire week. Showed it to my wife and lets just say she was VERY impressed.

When I show the wife my 7, she isn't very impressed LOL :D

I don't want to work with some half-wit who gets paid the same as me, and does half the work. Nope, don't need any contract here to protect the lazy, half-witted. Everybody should come to work and be proud of doing a good job. You should teach your children this, and not that you need "protection". What a joke. Thank You.

WOW!!!

That is really nice perspective you maintain on your fellow workers...and the prejudice of those you haven't met.

You actually believe those not sharing your work ethic are half-wits???...lazy???...

And who the hell are you to tell anyone what they should teach their children?...are you Dr Phil???...

Your perspectives on things parrot many of his...pathetic!

Rat

the usual rot and decay from the rodent hole. No one has posted any facts as to what those 23 minutes consist of. What raw data? But once again it's all the company's fault and I'm the idiot.

But I do find truth in one part of your post... pathetic

Well at least you have been correct in some part of your reply...admitting to being the 'idiot'...

If raw data is all you understand then you have missed your calling...you should be employed by some statistics dept. of the US government.

The fact of the matter remains...regardless of what the 'raw data' proclaims...on the street many things happen...from traffic to fatigue and everything in between.

The RMs..TMs..and sups in this company are morons...I would fire every ******* one of them...and start over with QUALIFIED people...hand picked. First qualification...'brains and common sense'...which currently doesn't exist in any management level at Con-Way.

Rat

Well at least you have been correct in some part of your reply...admitting to being the 'idiot'...

If raw data is all you understand then you have missed your calling...you should be employed by some statistics dept. of the US government.

The fact of the matter remains...regardless of what the 'raw data' proclaims...on the street many things happen...from traffic to fatigue and everything in between.

The RMs..TMs..and sups in this company are morons...I would fire every ******* one of them...and start over with QUALIFIED people...hand picked. First qualification...'brains and common sense'...which currently doesn't exist in any management level at Con-Way.

Rat

If your so smart and know how to fix everything why aren't you in management? It sounds like you would be promoted to President within a week.

WOW!!!

That is really nice perspective you maintain on your fellow workers...and the prejudice of those you haven't met.

You actually believe those not sharing your work ethic are half-wits???...lazy???...

And who the hell are you to tell anyone what they should teach their children?...are you Dr Phil???...

Your perspectives on things parrot many of his...pathetic!

Rat
Wow, are you already tired of fedex or are the tired of you? And to think I actually started to feel bad for comparing you to Ted Kaczynski. And also refering to you as Dennis Rader, in a nother post.

Rat
I just got blasted for calling co-workers twits.. and look, you call ALL management morons. I totally agree we need to go back to using common sense. I'll be the first to say that. Did you discover that the grass wasn't as green as you thought at your new job. Is that why your here blasting everybody when you don't even work here any longer? Why the sudden interest in Conway now..

I have worked at FedEx and Conway. I will say Conway was by far and away the worst company I have ever worked for. Yes, I was a white shirt. I cared about my drivers and shunned for it. We joked and still got it done. What is funny is they got turned around fast. They worked as a team, and I ran paperwork. Yes, corrections need to be made in loads, but do you know what is funny? WHEN YOU WORK AS A TEAM AND POINT FINGERS IN THE SAME DIRECTION, THINGS GET DONE!! When you point fingers at each other....best of luck! It is called trust. How does Conway skip that? It seems like common sense. Keep fighting amongst yourselves, and ask what your customers are thinking. You will not go anywhere.
I will agree on both sides. I have the utmost respect for drivers and the time commitment. I have only met a few drivers who are jaded. Drivers, don't speak up for them. Choose your fights wisely. Don't be the boy who cried wolf. If you just complain, then you become a target and the complainer and no one takes you serious.
There is also another element and contracts etc that need to be taken into consideration on the TM, FOM, and FOS's. I worked with some of the best and worst people I have ever met. That is a white shirt talking. I was always told, "If you spend too much time looking out for yourself, then you will be the only one looking." I tried to tell that to my management team, but they were too busy pointing fingers. Drivers....keep up the good work. You will always be underappreciated. FOS's and FOM's, walk a mile in another man's shoes. Not to get quote happy, but "People above you open doors, people below you push you through them." I was nobody without my drivers. My FOM's had a different perspective. Best job and worst, but I don't have 20 family members and friends working for the same company, so lips do get a lot of credit. Customers don't care about that. It is sad. I thought I would be Conway until a month on the job.

what would happen to a dsr if he or she accidentally dropped their handheld into thee commode while on a potty break? Is it like a cell phone and short out or is it potty proof? Is it against company policy to take the handheld to the potty with you?

what would happen to a dsr if he or she accidentally dropped their handheld into thee commode while on a potty break? Is it like a cell phone and short out or is it potty proof? Is it against company policy to take the handheld to the potty with you?

Most DSR's have mastered the act of a bathroom break.

Somehow, I have managed to NEVER drop a phone into a toilet.