ODFL | First Day City Driver

I was just going to post and check in with Dirty Rice myself.

just hired a student right out of school... turning into our gate he took out 2 parked cars, and the entire gate itself.... Needless to say he was fired, and the trainer was suspended....

Lets be safe guys.. I witinessed a head on with 3 rigs the other night.. scary, scary stuff... everyone walked away... here is a pic I snapped while the wrecker was taking away the 53ft van.

crash.jpg

tr463753 said:
hey dirty rice it was a pleasure to meet you in pennsauken the other day

hey TR same here, thanks for maing me feel welcomed to the company. UPS Freight just called me and want me to start but i turned them down, i think i will be happy at OD.

kbigdog said:
Hey Dirty Rice....are you still enjoying it????

hey im luvin, my trainer is very good, he takes safety very seriously, now i get to do line haul this coming monday and i will be running from PennsaukenNJ to Carlyle PA to he Harrisbug Terminal, I heard its nice up there, I Cant wait!!!

Skywalker said:
glad your first day was a good one!good luck ill be seeing you soon,just bidded on a phl from gbo so you can deliver the frieght that i bring ya.

yeah i think i seen ya there was two guys seen in there with southern accents droppin there sets, good luck hope to see ya around soon.

DirtyRice said:
hey im luvin, my trainer is very good, he takes safety very seriously, now i get to do line haul this coming monday and i will be running from PennsaukenNJ to Carlyle PA to he Harrisbug Terminal, I heard its nice up there, I Cant wait!!!

Carlisle is not only a nice terminal but it's huge. That used to be one of CF's breakbulks. It's about 350 doors if I remember right

DirtyRice said:

That would be a pretty good run to have if you want to do linehaul. You'll be on the PA Turnpike for most of it, and the Turnpike Commission is quick to attend to snow clearing activities, unlike the REST of the State of PA.

yeah the guy who runs it has been with od for like 8 or 9 years, i heard he gets there and hangs out in a really nice lounge for 2 or 3 hours then heads back to philly terminal. Another guy who just transfered from that terminal said outta the 300 doors they only use 100