XPO | First day. How'd it go ?

What else would you expect him to say?
What the F***! Here is a thread, First day, How did it go? It ends up just like all of the other threads, YRC drivers get on here and it turns out being a union thread. Every single thread turns out to be about horse::::shit:::: about the union. When is this ::::shit:::: gonna stop. This is a NON UNION company and it looks to me like it isn't going to change. Go back to your own forums and leave us the F*** alone! This is exactly why I stopped reading the post recently and it looks like I am going to stop again. I don't care about your union ::::shit::::. I care about this company that is Non Union
agreed. Bring it back on track. You have an issue with yellow or anyone else, take it to the relevant forum.

agreed. Bring it back on track. You have an issue with yellow or anyone else, take it to the relevant forum.

Well I'm not trying to take up for these guys but, they can't talk union within their on forums, because all post on their sites are about pensions going broke.

Sure did. And voted against them both times......and tried my damnedest to get everyone else to understand that we'd never get those concessions back.
Have you got them back yet?:popcorn:

How much has those concession cost the employees so far? Has it reached $100K lost yet? Must be pretty close by now.
You know you people should leave this crap alone, its not funny when anyone has to vote to do the same crap you have always done only for less no matter whose fault it is, Blame the Teamsters, blame the companies, who ever you want but its always the brothers and sisters who foot the the bill, don't be so hate full you never know when your thing might change!:poke::heykoolaid::thread:

I'm trying to find somethin positive about losing 15% of my pay, a week vacation, and 2/3 of my pension. If I can come up with something I'll get back to you. Until things get better, the union members needs to stop with these subtle little sales pitches.

The problem with that is if you have two guys sitting home and a driver quits they two other guys are happy, one is working and they both got closer to the top of the ladder. If you have people sitting home every week there is no driver shortage.
That depends on location and right now does tend to be a slower season anyway. In my area they are offering sign on bonuses at some locations. At my barn, every spring they advertise for drivers. Either nobody applies, or the few that do aren't qualified. Then we struggle through the busy season, shorthanded, barely getting everything done or actually taking service failures. There are a handful of barns constantly looking for walkabout help. Just because we are slow at the moment doesn't mean there isn't a shortage. Although, a dramatic pay increase could help attract qualified drivers I would think. They will need to do something, because if we get any busier than we have been in the last few years, we will not get the work done with our current driver numbers.

That depends on location and right now does tend to be a slower season anyway. In my area they are offering sign on bonuses at some locations. At my barn, every spring they advertise for drivers. Either nobody applies, or the few that do aren't qualified. Then we struggle through the busy season, shorthanded, barely getting everything done or actually taking service failures. There are a handful of barns constantly looking for walkabout help. Just because we are slow at the moment doesn't mean there isn't a shortage. Although, a dramatic pay increase could help attract qualified drivers I would think. They will need to do something, because if we get any busier than we have been in the last few years, we will not get the work done with our current driver numbers.
Good post, ice. I, for one, welcome the slow season with open arms. It was one hellacious summer for us! Short one guy all summer, then two when someone is on vacation. We drivers bitched about working our tails off (55 hour weeks), to no avail. Management fiddly-farted along all Spring, then in July said it was 'too late' to hire...or, 'we can't find anyone who's qualified'..which is BS! Revolution coming early next year!

Good post, ice. I, for one, welcome the slow season with open arms. It was one hellacious summer for us! Short one guy all summer, then two when someone is on vacation. We drivers bitched about working our tails off (55 hour weeks), to no avail. Management fiddly-farted along all Spring, then in July said it was 'too late' to hire...or, 'we can't find anyone who's qualified'..which is BS! Revolution coming early next year!
P m me on this revolution coming! I can't wait til next year.

I don't know what we'd really expect him to say. Honestly..

I wish they told us or had some kind of display in the terminal that said how much freight we're moving across the company and such.. Is it super busy out west but not in the east? Is NY booming with holiday type shipments and the midwest suddenly isn't because winter and farming.. etc..

It's been a pretty slow past year and last year.. I wonder if we're still getting those new trucks..

That would make sense. The apparent lack of info is seeming to carry on from Con-Way to XPO. Have to keep showing up and seeing if I have a run every night. Maybe the new pay structure will keep pace with drivers who work and don't just show up. I'm new to the seniority structure and while I understand. It leaves to much to mediocrity. I've seen some guys who come in every night ready to go, Also see the ones who b.s. long enough to get their hooks. Riding the
I don't know what we'd really expect him to say. Honestly..

I wish they told us or had some kind of display in the terminal that said how much freight we're moving across the company and such.. Is it super busy out west but not in the east? Is NY booming with holiday type shipments and the midwest suddenly isn't because winter and farming.. etc..

It's been a pretty slow past year and last year.. I wonder if we're still getting those new trucks..[/

That would make sense. The apparent lack of info is seeming to carry on from Con-Way to XPO. Have to keep showing up and seeing if I have a run every night. Maybe the new pay structure will keep pace with drivers who work and don't just show up. I'm new to the seniority structure and while I understand. It leaves to much to mediocrity. I've seen some guys who come in every night ready to go, Also see the ones who b.s. long enough to get their hooks. Riding the
the dock all night.

Line haul is always like that. Always food for the city guys, little left over for us. I don't care really, prefer to eat at home. Daywalkers should be the priority for rebranding; they are the frontline with the customer. Us night walkers don't deal with the public so no big deal.
Usually office waits til drivers are out on road and then feeds office and remaining dock people if they felt gracious at the time.

Maybe you don't want to realize that many TL drivers were employed at Teamster companies before deregulation. TL became the easiest sector of freight to capitalize on from companies who undercut rates and thrived on low wage drivers. It created the demise of Teamster companies in that sector, the huge growth of companies like Schneider National, Swift, etc, and the 80 to 100% turnover rate we've seen in that sector since then.

You think it can't or won't happen in LTL??
It's right around the corner. Look how many companies on TB, have drivers complaining about PTS (Truckload carriers) for linehaul.....it's happening now.
most of those big truckload outfits are hauling toliet paper, dog food, cheap frt for the most part

most of those big truckload outfits are hauling toliet paper, dog food, cheap frt for the most part

Diapers. Lots and lots of diapers. It's amazing how a few products consistently churn out volumes of freight on a regular schedule.