XPO | First day. How'd it go ?

Well , this isn't the 1st day , it's the 11th day. And how did it go??? Wonderful!!! This is a real good one. One of our P&D guys was sent by our dispatch to a customer to make a pickup... when he got there he asked the shipping clerk where his freight was. The shipper told him that he was shipping w/ XPO not Conway so we don't have anything for you.ur guy tried to explain to him that he was XPO/Conway and that XPO had bought Conway. The shipper got totally confused and called our dispatch office to have them explain it again. They explained it to him again. "Well you're still not gonna get anything today", he said," cause another XPO driver w/ a box truck showed up some time ago and we gave it to him". Question...Do you think that the XPO driver who actually took the shipment was a XPO Last Mile Guy??? What a mess this transition is really becoming.

You didn't think two companies this freaking big would just seamlessly integrate with one another flawlessly, did you ? This is going to be an interesting if not terrifying ride.

You didn't think two companies this freaking big would just seamlessly integrate with one another flawlessly, did you ? This is going to be an interesting if not terrifying ride.
You're right HS...just wishful thinking on part that this transition would be smooth as glass. I just hope that this customer doesn't look at XPO in a new light because of this mess up and begin to think of us as some kind of "Who's on First"....clown act and give up on us and start using one of our competitors.

You're right HS...just wishful thinking on part that this transition would be smooth as glass. I just hope that this customer doesn't look at XPO in a new light because of this mess up and begin to think of us as some kind of "Who's on First"....clown act and give up on us and start using one of our competitors.
In this case , if the customer called in to our terminal they had our purchase and transition explained by a staff person and they may have heard a recording explaining our situation. If an order was placed online you cannot avoid the fact that Con-way is now XPO Logistics.

It will be important going forward to know what services XPO Logistics offers and the lines between them to provide CLEAR , CORRECT , information and help customers make intelligent choices. Also , there's the " not looking like a clown " part.

It will be nice once we are organized.......Hopefully.

Look at FedEx. The area I peddle they have 4 drivers that do different things. And they will all go to the same buildings. And how that is kept straight ? I have no idea. But with all that XPO will offer. We are going to have to get used to expecting situations where we ( old Con-way ) are not the only truck that will be coming for XPO freight that day.

Look at FedEx. The area I peddle they have 4 drivers that do different things. And they will all go to the same buildings. And how that is kept straight ? I have no idea. But with all that XPO will offer. We are going to have to get used to expecting situations where we ( old Con-way ) are not the only truck that will be coming for XPO freight that day.
They should do the same side-branding thing FedEx does with Freight, Ground, Express, Custom Critical, etc. I've already seen those XPO Express expediters out there. They should just call you guys XPO Freight. Boom, done. I'll send y'all a check for my "consulting services".

Clown act ?? I beg to differ sir!! It's always been a dog and pony show!!!! Lol

C5LpY2v.jpg

I could go on and on. People are freaked out. And there is no sign of any attempt to quell any of it.

I just take a deep breath. Hope for the best. And see what tomorrow brings. I was looking for a job when I found this one.
I've never pictured you as someone who needed ol' Northern Flash's Psychiatry Services. For a nominal fee and 12 equal installments.......I can ease your mind. But take your damn boots off before you kick back on my padded leather couch.
:biglaugh:

I've never pictured you as someone who needed ol' Northern Flash's Psychiatry Services. For a nominal fee and 12 equal installments.......I can ease your mind. But take your damn boots off before you kick back on my padded leather couch.
:biglaugh:

I thought unemployment picked up those fees ?

A lot of people scared. I just hold course. Cautiously optimistic.

In this case , if the customer called in to our terminal they had our purchase and transition explained by a staff person and they may have heard a recording explaining our situation. If an order was placed online you cannot avoid the fact that Con-way is now XPO Logistics.

It will be important going forward to know what services XPO Logistics offers and the lines between them to provide CLEAR , CORRECT , information and help customers make intelligent choices. Also , there's the " not looking like a clown " part.

It will be nice once we are organized.......Hopefully.
Be careful using the word "organized". The pirates might show up again!