Central Transport | First impressions are everything.

It was'nt so much at the dark TM, but at the hubs where the drivers would work the dock go out and hook then come back in clock out to be off the dock clock out again to be disp. back to their TM.

I guess that could screw things up if people operated that way. The thing is, if central dispatch knows you're at a dark terminal there should be something in the computer system to pay the driver for those drop & hooks. It's a shame, it could have maybe been a decent place to work.

Well, I'll take a step back away from say it was a mistake working here. Change that to maybe should have tried something different. It is, however a step up from where I can from, for those who know me understand what I'm saying. And still, the other part of the stepping back is that I have met some rather cool people, both drivers here at Vitran, and even some of my customers.

It really comes down to the money. Vitran is slipping further and further behind. I think that puts this whole company in jeopardy. The premium drivers aren't going to stay here, and even fewer are applying here anymore. The last applicant to come through our doors looked like pulled the transmission from his torino and, grease and all, came in for and interview. Thank the lord he wasn't hired.

Well, I'll take a step back away from say it was a mistake working here. Change that to maybe should have tried something different. It is, however a step up from where I can from, for those who know me understand what I'm saying. And still, the other part of the stepping back is that I have met some rather cool people, both drivers here at Vitran, and even some of my customers.

It really comes down to the money. Vitran is slipping further and further behind. I think that puts this whole company in jeopardy. The premium drivers aren't going to stay here, and even fewer are applying here anymore. The last applicant to come through our doors looked like pulled the transmission from his torino and, grease and all, came in for and interview. Thank the lord he wasn't hired.

Maybe he was a mechanic looking for a shop opening. Did he pull up in a Torino?
Yeah Sandbox, it's a shame of what is going on there. My first and last trip was in the same day. The TM there got a little upset with me for "not giving it a chance"

I told him when you want to pay me for drop and hooking these trailers, I'll be glad to work here. They should have put an ad in the paper asking for charity workers instead.
It would have saved on wasting everybodys time and paperwork. I hope you the best of luck there.:1036316054:

I dont believe he was looking for a shop job. Our shop hasn't been open for years. Just a big building we throw trash into, and park our trashy trucks in. Yeah, it's so bad here I was driving an old 55g salvage drum half a day before I realize I'd left my real truck back at the yard. I had even pre-tripped it.

How sad.

Wheres the drum?

I dont believe he was looking for a shop job. Our shop hasn't been open for years. Just a big building we throw trash into, and park our trashy trucks in. Yeah, it's so bad here I was driving an old 55g salvage drum half a day before I realize I'd left my real truck back at the yard. I had even pre-tripped it.

How sad.

What color was that 55g drum? B/C I haven't had my opportunity @ the company time share!:hysterical: :toxic:

wait till they ask for change back

Well, I work at Vitran. I deal with there messy docks, messy offices, messy trucks, messy routing, messy drivers, etc. etc.. Somedays it's nice to work there. Other days I just rather shoot myself in the face. What I'm saying is, Vitran is just like any other job.

I would have dumped them already if things would have worked out with Roadway.

OD drivers have been trying to recruit me. Who knows what I'll be doing.

Vitran seems to be up and coming, as much as I hate to think so. They're gaining ground because they have been taking the budget route on everything. That is, low pay, junk trucks, one wrong move trailers you might end up falling through the floor, and no maintainence on the terminals and on and on.

If the consolidation of the LTL companies continue, I don't know if Vitran has deep enough pocket to weather that kind of storm. Do I look for other work now? Or do I look when the doors close?

I feel like it was a mistake to work here.

well you should tell them 90% discounts wont work???????????????????????? rooster nuts:nutkick:

If you ever notice the companies with the best equipment have the lowest pay. Mid-States LTL is right next door to where I worked at Pjax and one of their drivers said they were hiring for dock there. I was a dockworker at Pjax and I told him I would rather go to McDonalds first than work freight at their wages. Low pay but new equipment.

They have too pay something for that new equipment,where else to get the $$ from? You don't see or here about them taking a pay cut or "Hey guys & gals I won't give my self a bonus this year from your hard work." Now do ya?