SAIA | first in,first out-extra board

ca.indian scout

TB Lurker
Credits
hi guys,we are just getting ready to start this,has there been any problems? seems extra board looses seniority,just wanted to here the good or bad,thanks

Elaborate more

Can you tell the whole story? One might infer from the question that until now all the runs from your location have been bid runs.

Also, does this mean that there is more freight than the schedules can handle?

I can only speak for where I am at. I am a system driver. As I understand things there are bid or scheduled runs which are assigned by a bid process whereby the most senior driver chooses his run and so on down the senority list. Those of us who don't have enough senority to hold a run are system drivers.

We do operate on a first in first out basis. How well that works depends upon the freight levels. If freight is of sufficient volume then everybody will get the call to come to work. If not then who is called is dependent upon your last arrival time. I try to find out ahead of time where my place in the call list is so as to anticipate when I might be called.

As for loss of senority that won't happen. It just means that an individual driver doesn't have sufficient senority to hold a bid run. I am a relative newbie in this department, so I don't anticipate being able to hold a bid run that meets my financial needs for quite some time.

Additonally, I, at least for now, want to stay in the system to be able to have the opportunity to get a better overview of how the rest of the company works. It has been interesting to see other terminals and see how they fit into this puzzle.