XPO | First In First Out

dockboy

TB Lurker
Credits
first in first out SUCKS ALL IT DOSE IS MAKES DRIVERS RACE TO THE FAC FORGET ABOUT STOPPING FOR A POTTY BREAK IF YOU DO YOU ARE YOU SCREWED JR DRIVERS PASS YOU I CANT TELL YOU I WAS THE SR DRIVER HAD 45000LBS ON A JR DRIVER HAD 15000 AND AN MTY PASSED ME ON A HILL GOT TO THE FAC 5 MIN BEFORE ME FIRST IN FIRST OUT HE GOT THE GOOD VIA AND I HAD TO STAY TO THE END MAN WHAT A SCREWING I GOT:nutkick:

Real nice approach presenting your concern. I'm sure our leaders are standing in line to resolve this issue for you.

first of all first in first out doesn't always mean a via. secound I am generally the sr. driver to xin every night and that gives me about 2 hours there if i'm lucky and i am out the door. but look at the bright side i get home earlier and get good sleep and time with the family. which is part of the reason i bid that way. if they didn't have rules the company would be caos. i don,t stop on the way to the fac only on the way home.

keep in mind, every time you stop for whatever reason, that is keeping other drivers at the reship longer since they have to wait for your freight. how closely are drivers leaving your barn? if there is any more than a 10-15 minute gap in time then that is more than enough time for a bathroom break. one of the biggest reasons they have a first in/first out is so that senior drivers don't dawdle on the way over to the reship, get there in time to walk out on the docks, get their loads (that the junior driver loaded) and leave. personally i don't mind the first in/first out (and even being low man like i am, there are actually times where I'm NOT last man in) but I also have the attitude of screw it. If i have to pee, im going to stop if i get passed, oh well, it happens.

How about if the SR driver can leave first if
he arrives within his ETA?
That would solve the safety issue,
as well as give you time for a break
without delaying the freight:bgroovy:

Savedbygrace said:

That is just it, we have running times to the FAC's and we still have the policy of first in and first out. This policy of first in and out is a bad one. I know guys that don't even pretrip the set to get out the gate first, plus driving over the speed limit in construction just to get there first. If the senor guy or any driver runs late to the FAC's they need to be dealt with on an individual basis. First in and first out shouldn't be based on who has the fastest truck, who wants to hook without a pretrip, or who can go 500 miles without relieving his bladder. IMHO

Savedbygrace said:

That is just it, we have running times to the FAC's and we still have the policy of first in and first out. This policy of first in and out is a bad one. I know guys that don't even pretrip the set to get out the gate first, plus driving over the speed limit in construction just to get there first. If the senor guy or any driver runs late to the FAC's they need to be dealt with on an individual basis. First in and first out shouldn't be based on who has the fastest truck, who wants to hook without a pretrip, or who can go 500 miles without relieving his bladder. IMHO

Digital Import said:
..........one of the biggest reasons they have a first in/first out is so that senior drivers don't dawdle on the way over to the reship, get there in time to walk out on the docks, get their loads (that the junior driver loaded) and leave.

I guess it's different in the mid-America, here in the south if a driver came in that late, he would be dealt with. I never seen drivers come in that late unless they broke down.

StrokerAce said:
who can go 500 miles without relieving his bladder. IMHO

That's why I am introducing special depends for the linehaul driver. This line will compliment my aluminum foil hats with spinners and the xgo anti-hallucinogenic Kool-Aid tablets. Just slip them on and load them up. Liquid or solid it doesn’t matter.. Special charcoal liner keeps the smell down and elastic leg cuffs keep them from leaking. Just get to your fac drop your set get your motor and head to the restroom and remove.. Problem solved. They all come in the new colors and logo:1036316054:

the shadow said:
That's why I am introducing special depends for the linehaul driver. This line will compliment my aluminum foil hats with spinners and the xgo anti-hallucinogenic Kool-Aid tablets. Just slip them on and load them up. Liquid or solid it doesn’t matter.. Special charcoal liner keeps the smell down and elastic leg cuffs keep them from leaking. Just get to your fac drop your set get your motor and head to the restroom and remove.. Problem solved. They all come in the new colors and logo:1036316054:

LOL :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

the shadow said:

Please don't....they might be reading this at the G.O. and think it's a good idea. :biglaugh:

the shadow said:
I like it,What a great Idea.The guy with the cheap beer name will be In town and we will bring it up to him.

i thought the big wiggs over in xgo resolved this problem with if you arrive within your arrival time you maintain your senority? this act would solve the safty issue.unless there are other barns like mine where the junior guys are there two hours early pacing the dispatch office waiting for the dispatcher hands him loads just to get rid of him...and burnt you loss senior driver:duh:

lizard king said:
i thought the big wiggs over in xgo resolved this problem with if you arrive within your arrival time you maintain your senority? this act would solve the safty issue.unless there are other barns like mine where the junior guys are there two hours early pacing the dispatch office waiting for the dispatcher hands him loads just to get rid of him...and burnt you loss senior driver:duh:
i my be wrong on this but. that rule only applies to via's.

brutus said:
i my be wrong on this but. that rule only applies to via's.
i think brutus is right. i was the last of 8 drivers from our barn to go to xco friday. the number one guy (out the door of our barn and in senority going to xco that nite) had a via, and he got to xco 10 minutes before me. as i was arriving myself, he was gettin ready to go hook and go home.

lizard king said:

From everything I've seen on the arrival time it's simply first in first out except in the case of the senior driver running the via... If the senior Driver beats his ETA to the via point and beats his ETA into the FAC they maintain the seniority they dispatched with... If they miss either ETA they lose their seniority level and fall at whatever level they arrive...

As I understood it they changed it as people were complaining about the SR drivers coming in right at the last arrival time and leaving first... As your arrival time is NOT based on your dispatch, it is based on your actual arrival time.. I.E. 3 Drivers are coming in from one SIC and the first has to be there by 11PM, second By 12AM, third, 1230AM... If the first dispatched stops and takes a break and the second two beat him in but he arrives by 1230AM he technically arrived on time as the 3rd in... But he shouldn't be first out as he was last in so they made it simply based on timeclock punch time to eliminate the abuse of the system... Excepted only for via's...

at my yard we do it by seniority,senior man gets choice of via's and leaves first. the drivers did this on their own out of respect for each other. If i get of the fac ahead of the senior man for whatever reason he still gets choice of via's and i have no problem with that. It takes all the drivers agreeing and respecting each other

at my yard we do it by seniority,senior man gets choice of via's and leaves first. the drivers did this on their own out of respect for each other. If i get of the fac ahead of the senior man for whatever reason he still gets choice of via's and i have no problem with that. It takes all the drivers agreeing and respecting each other

Thats a nice idea if all of the drivers can agree and they are mature enough. I'm a city driver now, but was linehaul for 6 yrs before, and I've been screwed several times by junior drivers getting to the fac 4 minutes before me; and I mean 4 minutes - I saw their timesheets. I've also worked with senior, mature drivers where we would mutually agree who would take the via or who would stay and work the fac. One time two drivers junior to me arrived before me I think it was friday night. They had an undesireable via neither of them wanted. One of them said, "screw that, I'm not doing that", and then, "oh, er, yeah, I don't have the hours":toxic: . I ended up taking the via with a pm switchout. One of those drivers ended up getting fired, but next bid time I would go anywhere as long as I didn't have to work with the other. Thats one more reason why I'm in the city now so I don't have to deal with stuff like that. First in first out works fine if the drivers are mature, manager their hours and take responsibility, but irresponsible drivers can take advantage of it and abuse it.