Five-way venture, including Uber Freight, looks to pay drivers in two hours

Brokers holding money for sometimes months has been an issue for a long time. Was one of the major reasons my owner/op attempt lasted only a few years.
My best year I ran from the west coast to the Philly Produce Market, the load was scheduled by the buyer, and paid in full when it was received on the dock in Philly. He was happy, I was happy, it can be done.
Would I want to walk around Philly now with a stack of hundreds? Not so sure...

I have always advocated payment by close of Business day in trucking.

Economically its going to make naked waifs in need and poverty by dinner time today due to unpaid bills, high faulting living and lying on the phone about everything in rates and contracts that will take months to settle.

I have been in Philly more than I care to remember. I had a bunch of cash on me all the time there. Its Camden that scared me when I had to go to the public scale downtown or the Paulsboro 76 or god knows what.

Pay me.

Once we clear out those with no money anywhere then we can really get down to making money eh Mac?

But god that Cheese Steak truck full of onions, gravy and all sorts of wonderful things to go with it. 10.00. A block from the 476 Hilton Hotel. What a :shit:hole that was.

But the food... NOM!

I was in south Arkansas and hooked into my paper load in rolls on the trailer going to Dow Jones in Desmoines Iowa overnight and its almost mid afternoon. Two sounds mattered at that moment....

CLANK! says the 5th wheel.

BIP! Says the qualcomm with my exact payment for that trailer load on it. How would I like that that money Sir? Fuel card? comcheck? Deposit to bank or third party payment?

It would be even better in salary form. 3000 dollars every 8th day. No ifs buts, gotches, maybes and other restrictions apply.