Yellow | Fixing Pension Idea's ??

Albuquerque and surrounding areas are a very nice place to live. Pretty much nice weather all year round. One of the first things I noticed here was how much better people get along ( not perfect ) as compared to se Michigan (Detroit ) where I moved from. The population of the entire state is under three million. The population of Albuquerque is about 500,000. Not bad for an urban area.

Except for Chicago, almost anywhere in the nation gets along better than Detroit! First night I spent the night in Dearborn, a guy three trucks away was shot....

Not passing any judgement mud, just providing more information.

Albuquerque Really Is Like 'Breaking Bad' | TIME.com

There is always a dark side.

wwhiteobitAlbuquerqueJournal.jpg

Ok, here is a Question to everybody , what is YOUR idea for fixing the pension 47% funded problem ?? one idea was to switch to a matching 401-K ??? but alot of you guys hated that idea ? So what is YOUR idea's on how to solve the 47% & dropping funded pension ???:wavey:

they'll say Multi employer funds can't be helped because of loss of contributors.

The bigger damage is,All big pension funds loaded up on derivatives before the crash and lost billions due to the bad Derivative investments.

The govt is gonna take control of these insolvent funds , and dole out pension payments
Of about 30% of vested estimates, and with strings attached.

That's the plan from the banks that engineered the collapse and own the govt.

Mud, you've got more time in the sh**ter than most of the guys on this board have on the face of the earth!
Not necessarily. When I started my first trucking job out at Detroit Metropolitan Airport in 1973, who knows how many years Triplex (and a few others on here, to many to mention, ) already had in as a Teamster. Imo.

I used to be the "new kid on the block". Something happened along the way! :smile:

First drove TT in 1966 - H model Mack's (naturally aspirated, no turbo power), conventional Brockways, White 7000's. Teamster feeder driver in 1971 at UPS, left for freight in 1973 (why oh why did I ever leave UPS for freight? :17113: ).

I used to be the "new kid on the block". Something happened along the way! :smile:

First drove TT in 1966 - H model Mack's (naturally aspirated, no turbo power), conventional Brockways, White 7000's. Teamster feeder driver in 1971 at UPS, left for freight in 1973 (why oh why did I ever leave UPS for freight? :17113: ).

I left the CSPF and Detroit for Albuquerque and the WTWT in 1981 at age 30. No thought or concern for the future or a pension.

I left the CSPF and Detroit for Albuquerque and the WTWT in 1981 at age 30. No thought or concern for the future or a pension.

I can relate to that. Way back when I had no clue about pension. My time at UPS was lost as far as pension benefits since you had to have 10 years back then to be vested and it was separate from freight. Oh well, in my next life I'll try to be a little smarter! :LMAO:

I can relate to that. Way back when I had no clue about pension. My time at UPS was lost as far as pension benefits since you had to have 10 years back then to be vested and it was separate from freight. Oh well, in my next life I'll try to be a little smarter! :LMAO:

I joined the CSPF in 1974. Got screwed out of a year of credit by an unscrupulous employer but really didn't care at the time. Who cares about the future when your in your twenties and wild and care free.

I joined the CSPF in 1974. Got screwed out of a year of credit by an unscrupulous employer but really didn't care at the time. Who cares about the future when your in your twenties and wild and care free.

Wow, after reading that, I'm thinking that Methuselah and his brother are posting.:biglaugh:

The question is who is senior!:notworthy::LMAO:

He's got me by a hair. Learned on my Dad's 1955 B42 gas job with a Duplex. Then his '47 White and his '52 190 International. Hit the road with his 66 ex-Lehigh Cement White....quite the 'big truck' for it's day- 220 Cummins laying at an angle under the hood.... his 74 International with an airshift 4x4 really screwed my head up...

He's got me by a hair. Learned on my Dad's 1955 B42 gas job with a Duplex. Then his '47 White and his '52 190 International. Hit the road with his 66 ex-Lehigh Cement White....quite the 'big truck' for it's day- 220 Cummins laying at an angle under the hood.... his 74 International with an airshift 4x4 really screwed my head up...

I can admit it now, but my first TT job was a total bluff. I had never driven TT before. After I inquired about the driving job they said to come for a road test the next day. I quickly went to a local Mack dealer and got an owner's manual to learn the shift patterns, and where all the controls were. I could back a trailer OK since I had a tow truck and used to back with cars on the hook. A long box was much easier. Can't do that kind of thing today.

I can admit it now, but my first TT job was a total bluff. I had never driven TT before. After I inquired about the driving job they said to come for a road test the next day. I quickly went to a local Mack dealer and got an owner's manual to learn the shift patterns, and where all the controls were. I could back a trailer OK since I had a tow truck and used to back with cars on the hook. A long box was much easier. Can't do that kind of thing today.

Those long trailers are harder once your used to a backing up a tow truck with a car on the back, the darn thing seem like it's never going to cut over..........:LMAO:

Those long trailers are harder once your used to a backing up a tow truck with a car on the back, the darn thing seem like it's never going to cut over..........:LMAO:

I found the long box easier, more time to correct if you didn't get it lined up right. With a car on the hook any small move of the wheel had you jacking quickly.

PS - To keep in shape, I like to make my set with the dolly already hooked to the lead and back them both up to the kite. Practice, practice, practice! :biglaugh:

After a while long boxes got easier, but in the beginning I was much better with a short pin set 32' then a 45'..............

I found the long box easier, more time to correct if you didn't get it lined up right. With a car on the hook any small move of the wheel had you jacking quickly.

PS - To keep in shape, I like to make my set with the dolly already hooked to the lead and back them both up to the kite. Practice, practice, practice! :biglaugh:
i did that at Preston and Yellow. Here at Batesville most guys back their entire SET into docks and truckstop parking spots. Our converters have cables instead of chains. Helps....

i did that at Preston and Yellow. Here at Batesville most guys back their entire SET into docks and truckstop parking spots. Our converters have cables instead of chains. Helps....

That takes guts. I usually only like to do that when no one's around. I hate having witnesses when I screw up! :smile:

too bad every one is worried now after the horse is out of the barn .
years ago we had a problem with central pa teamsters fund and we fought hard for our.
when we were starting our fight we contacted guys from central states for more support to fight these guys running the plan .
we were told that they had it made and did not want to make waves ..
now i just recieved a letter saying central pa is 89% funded and got a 4% raise in my monthly check.
you cant pay some one a flat fee like central states does to invest your money . they need to earn it by being payed a % of what they make for you if they dont they dont get payed