FL.Fedex Freight driver hit a 6yr old on a bike.

Apostolic

TB Legend
Credits
Thank God this young lad was not killed.
I also hope the driver has no fault in this crash.

bilde

A 6-year-old Kimball Wiles Elementary School student escaped serious injury Tuesday when his bicycle was apparently run over by a semi truck. | Gainesville.com | The Gainesville Sun | Gainesville, FL

bilde

bilde

My thoughts go to the boy and his family FIRST.

Sounds like the boy road under the trailer while our driver was stopped to make a right turn. I'm sure our driver was watching cross traffic looking for a spot to get out. Didn't see the little guy slip under his trailer. Just goes to say anything can happen at any time and to always watch for little kids. You cant always see everything no matter how safe you are or how much you try. Never become complacent with your driving habits or assume every one can see you no matter how big you are.
God bless little kids and keep them safe.

You got that right Jinx40 when your a professional ya gotta have your eyes moving all of the time your sitting in the driver seat.
I believe your right again as I read this report the youngster made a very bad judgement call trying to ride under this drivers trailer.

Maybe I interpreted it differently but it sounded to me by the accounts of the witnesses that the boy was crossing the street and our driver turned right and hit him in the crosswalk. I hope I am wrong, but thats what I got out of the video with the guy and woman

Maybe I interpreted it differently but it sounded to me by the accounts of the witnesses that the boy was crossing the street and our driver turned right and hit him in the crosswalk. I hope I am wrong, but thats what I got out of the video with the guy and woman

If he would have been in the cross walk. He would have been hit by the whole truck not just by the trailer, as stated by the witnesses.

If he would have been in the cross walk. He would have been hit by the whole truck not just by the trailer, as stated by the witnesses.

Not to be argumentitive....... But the guy in the video said the kid popped out from between the joint of the tractor trailer and the woman said as the boy got into the middle of the crosswalk the semi turned right. But again there is a reason I am not an investigator. I am glad the child was ok and hope our driver is fairly evaluated!!

The Bible states that in the mouth of 2,or 3 witnesses should every word be established.
Same thing holds true in life if you believe Bible teachings or not.

In our excitement we can't always remember every detail even if we saw it happening.
2,or more people can view the same event,and they will all see it in their own way.
However if 2,or more say it happened the same in everyones eyes, then whatever happened can be sorted out to thats how it was,and that is that.

The crash investigators have to look at everything,taking statements,and add everything together to figure as close as they can just what happened.

Well this is the best I can do to shed some light on what happens with any crash investigation.

The Bible states that in the mouth of 2,or 3 witnesses should every word be established.
Same thing holds true in life if you believe Bible teachings or not.

In our excitement we can't always remember every detail even if we saw it happening.
2,or more people can view the same event,and they will all see it in their own way.However if 2,or more say it happened the same in everyones eyes, then whatever happened can be sorted out to thats how it was,and that is that.

The crash investigators have to look at everything,taking statements,and add everything together to figure as close as they can just what happened.

Well this is the best I can do to shed some light on what happens with any crash investigation.

That must be why the safety director and I never saw eye to eye about things

Not to be argumentitive....... But the guy in the video said the kid popped out from between the joint of the tractor trailer and the woman said as the boy got into the middle of the crosswalk the semi turned right. But again there is a reason I am not an investigator. I am glad the child was ok and hope our driver is fairly evaluated!!

Thanks for the update APOSTOLIC. Chitownpeddler it wound seem we are both wrong.

The trooper said Lemarcus was thrown from his bike and traveled under the FedEx "trailer and came out the other side without being run over by the trailer tires."
Talk about lucky!!!!! He should give the lotto numbers to his folks