R&L | Flat Rate for Dropped Trailers...

You claim to be a line haul driver so I don't expect you to understand.
You guys must be from the same area, meaning the region I'm in its the opposite or was for years and years. Linehaul doing all the ::shit:: stops that "spoiled babies" didn't want to do. So we would drive to our meets or terminals....sit and wait....off the clock. Then get back at our home terminal..... sit off the clock....for as long as 4 hours in some cases at my home terminal. then go do the stops. Come in the next day and hear little city girls in the drivers room bragging about their extended lunch that they all had together that previous day. Sitting off the clock for about 25 hours a week, cause I was told "or else". I think I understand, but with the city vs. linehaul in my area, and listening to all the city drivers little pointless whinings and raising hell over somethin' so little, when they do have a real reason to complain....they get no respect. So, no disrespect but since you brought up linehaul, just saying this was going on with linehaul a long long time. While for years the city guys got paid for every min. and laughed and bragged about it. Now its different? I see none.

You guys must be from the same area, meaning the region I'm in its the opposite or was for years and years. Linehaul doing all the ::shit:: stops that "spoiled babies" didn't want to do. So we would drive to our meets or terminals....sit and wait....off the clock. Then get back at our home terminal..... sit off the clock....for as long as 4 hours in some cases at my home terminal. then go do the stops. Come in the next day and hear little city girls in the drivers room bragging about their extended lunch that they all had together that previous day. Sitting off the clock for about 25 hours a week, cause I was told "or else". I think I understand, but with the city vs. linehaul in my area, and listening to all the city drivers little pointless whinings and raising hell over somethin' so little, when they do have a real reason to complain....they get no respect. So, no disrespect but since you brought up linehaul, just saying this was going on with linehaul a long long time. While for years the city guys got paid for every min. and laughed and bragged about it. Now its different? I see none.

so now we should make this a city vs linehaul thing?
not at all pal. dont try makin me a punk by sayin YOU work and CITY guys dont. not the case tough guy. i know you guys have been getting screwed for years, no disagreements here man. no need to go after us about it.
two wrongs dont make it right man, but that attitude to city guys is just ridiculous.

Jules, This is what sucks about texting and message boards. You can't or most of us can't anyway, explain every little thing. I, in no way, am going after city. I guess, was trying to get it across, this was a monster created at my terminal...not by me. City vs. linehaul has been an issue at my term. since day one. I started my previous post with the different area comment leading to the linehaul comment somebody else posted saying Linehaul don't understand, ssssssssoooooooo......explaining how it was at my domain.....i do understand.....and how I seen this issue. The top 5 hardest working people at my term. are city guys. There is that manipulating "group" that ruins it for everyone. There is much more I could cover, explaining how I got to this point. Just understand there is ALWAYS more to the issue then you know. I try not to complain...but I will comment at work if I disagree, gets me nowhere but I just deal with it. I am not doing any wrong......NO OFFENCE TO ANY OTHER R+L EMPLOYEE including the ones at my term. Just telling people how I saw, and see it. If it was that bad, I could've quit. Nothing will be put in front of me that I can't handle...promise made to me by GOD....no man is going to throw a wrench in that. I might comment and mummble here and there, but hey, we're all human. City girls comment......bad chosing of words, just trying to pass on the anger you felt at the time...sorry....I dontwant to sound like mister tough guy, but....Still stand beside what I said a few post ago. I've done them both. You city people for ALL LTL have the tougher job. I'm just a night person, so you can have it.LOL. Allright Jules are we cool ? I can say so much more, and I know you would understand where I come from, Jus can't do it all here. OK, Later

this line haul vs city stuff is encouraged by mangment. the more we are divided and dont talk to one another the more crap manegment can stir. most of the l/h guys at my barn want to do their run and go home. they have no intrest in peddiling freight after a ten to twelve hr night. they have a life outside of the terminal and thats the reason they bid line haul. so they can do their thing during the day, not work 14 hrs plus.

Jules, This is what sucks about texting and message boards. You can't or most of us can't anyway, explain every little thing. I, in no way, am going after city. I guess, was trying to get it across, this was a monster created at my terminal...not by me. City vs. linehaul has been an issue at my term. since day one. I started my previous post with the different area comment leading to the linehaul comment somebody else posted saying Linehaul don't understand, ssssssssoooooooo......explaining how it was at my domain.....i do understand.....and how I seen this issue. The top 5 hardest working people at my term. are city guys. There is that manipulating "group" that ruins it for everyone. There is much more I could cover, explaining how I got to this point. Just understand there is ALWAYS more to the issue then you know. I try not to complain...but I will comment at work if I disagree, gets me nowhere but I just deal with it. I am not doing any wrong......NO OFFENCE TO ANY OTHER R+L EMPLOYEE including the ones at my term. Just telling people how I saw, and see it. If it was that bad, I could've quit. Nothing will be put in front of me that I can't handle...promise made to me by GOD....no man is going to throw a wrench in that. I might comment and mummble here and there, but hey, we're all human. City girls comment......bad chosing of words, just trying to pass on the anger you felt at the time...sorry....I dontwant to sound like mister tough guy, but....Still stand beside what I said a few post ago. I've done them both. You city people for ALL LTL have the tougher job. I'm just a night person, so you can have it.LOL. Allright Jules are we cool ? I can say so much more, and I know you would understand where I come from, Jus can't do it all here. OK, Later

ok my bad. i misunderstood what you meant. i just dont want to see city guys vs linehaul guys. you know what i mean? thats what management seems to want. that wont help us a bit.

The reason I like line haul is that most of the time ( depending on the run ) if I can get it done quickly, I can get the day over with that much sooner and go home. Even 1 hour a day gets me 5 hours extra home time by the end of the week. Having been on the other side (local p+d) the advantage is being on the clock. A line haul driver sitting at CHI for over an hour is free time. I feel for the p+d guys having to go back out after a long day, but dispatch will use the guys that are already there. If they try to call in a line haul driver to start early it might screw up the night run he would be on normally. We are all in the same boat. We just have different positions on the oars. Sapper, Jules and Imo are correct, we should never turn this into a line haul vs. local thing.
Now put your backs into it and pull at them oars.
Later
Al

I agree, and will add-There is always a fly in the soup, don't let them change or misdirect your positive attitude of gettin' this boat up the river.:grouphug:

Well after about 3 weeks of this flat rate stuff, I seriously predict our terminal's profit margin going down a bit. Morale is back in the dumper,just when things were goin good with our new TM,and Morale was at an all time high.