Yellow | Flexjet Pilots Oust Teamsters in Huge Defeat for American Unions

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
The jet-leasing company says it’s the first time commercial pilots have turned down representation. Labor advocates are worried

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-teamsters-in-big-defeat-for-labor-stronghold

L1qzSt2.jpg

Hey Ken! This is your fault!..........................No way Jim, "your" administration
.....................................................................allowed this to happen!

:wtflol:

fxyQutf.jpg

Flexjet Chairman Kenn Ricci (left) and Flexjet CEO Michael Silvestro (right)

“This is a historic moment not only for our company but also for the industry as a whole, since no other pilot group has elected to remove representation by organized labor,” Flexjet Chairman Kenn Ricci said in a statement.

In a letter to employees following the vote, Ricci announced Flexjet would give every pilot a $1,000 bonus check to “enhance your celebration” of the outcome.

:fingure:

The International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) represents more than 1.4 million active members employed in a wide range of industries in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. The IBT negotiated the freight industry's first national agreement in 1964 and began its efforts to unionize the airline industry in 1966 with employees of Western Airlines.
The International Brotherhood of Teamsters is the only union that represents every craft of workers in the airline industry. The Railway Labor Act requires that airline employees be organized on a system-wide basis for the purpose of collective bargaining.
Teamster representation of airline industry workers has grown steadily over the years. IBT contracts now cover 80,000 airline industry workers, including mechanics, customer service and ramp agents, stock clerks, dispatch personnel, flight attendants and pilots. In its nearly 42 years in the industry, the IBT has negotiated top quality contracts. The superior wages and benefits in IBT agreements make Teamsters airline jobs the most sought after in the industry.

David-Bourne.jpg

Director Capt. David Bourne, Airline Division Director

QsEzrtK.jpg

In a statement on Thursday, the local Teamsters union said that “due to an aggressive campaign by management, the majority of Flexjet pilots were not convinced of the benefits of collective bargaining.” The union said that, despite its concerns with management’s alleged conduct, it would not ask the government to rerun the election. “Flexjet pilots, like their peers across the industry, will come to realize through their own experience that union representation is essential for maintaining professional independence, high safety standards, protection from the negative effects of mergers and acquisitions, and good pay, benefits and working conditions.”
:chairshot:

Flex Jets clientele is the upper 1/10th of a percent of income earners. I'm sure they aren't going to miss your patronage.

I had never even heard of them.I did see where they only flew for private clientele.They would have never had my patronage anyway.
That’s why I said “Screw Flexjet.”

I will say it sounds like a booming business.

Last edited:
Why are people upset by this? They simply exercised their God given right to accept or reject something. It doesn't affect any of us

Kudos to Flexjet Pilots for standing up against a 15% pay reduction, and loss of any pension/401k contributions they have, as well as the two tier wage system our fearless Teamster leaders like to push on successfull profitable companies. Kudos

Yes it does in the long run
I agree with the pro Union throughout all industries stance. But the Teamsters, especially in freight have proven themselves under Hoffa leadership to be a big settle for less but give us your dues money organization. And if the company doesn't offer up a crappy enough contract, the Teamsters oblige with BS proposals of their own.
That's the Hoffa way. Why would anyone, in any industry vote for Teamster representation under current leadership?

Last edited: