Florida Shooting

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Bart, Feb 14, 2018.

1. jimmy g

jimmy g Kook AD-FREE USER

Let's just say I disagree completely. If they want to change laws that restrict Rights- propose an Amendment, put it thru the process, and take their chances. No different than changing any other Inalienable Right. All these changes make it harder for Legsl gun owners to defend ourselves and others. The Bad Guys won't follow them, and the ones following the laws will be massacred.

DCM_Doc and troubleman84 like this.
  2. jimmy g

Yesterday, parents in DC were voicing about their kids being shot in parks or streets. Id love to hear if those guns that shot their kids were legal. I'd bet they were illegal- so all the new gunlaws in the world doesnt stop the violence.

DCM_Doc likes this.
  3. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

The left and the MSM will push to try to get something passed

Personally, I dont remember all this outrage and vitriol following the Sandy Hook shooting
    I certainly dont remember Barry getting blamed for the shooting (as I have heard Trump be blamed)
    The sudden anti gun rallies seems to have popped up pretty quickly (considering it was 1 week yesterday and these mass protests we very organized)
    as we are all very much aware, "never let a crisis go to waste"

PS- our resource officers are usually outside across the street smoking

4. jimmy g

I remember all this heat after Sandy Hook, but it was directed at Republicans. Obama led it.

Northern Flash likes this.
  5. a9faninnc

a9faninnc Super Moderator Staff Member

If Trump is the Fascist,pro-military dictator the Libs claim he is,why are they wanting to ban weapons???If I held that opinion,I would be the exact opposite and stock up,like I did when Bammer was president.

6. Bubba74

I don't recall it being like this
    but your right it probably was and if it was directed at Reps

Funny
    the left hates the police
    yet wants the police to be the only ones with guns

makes no sense

7. Rastus

Rastus ..What Goes Around Comes Around.. AD-FREE USER

These shootings are tragedies America should be ashamed of. That being said these young protesters need to understand that if every rifle was instantly removed from American culture, it would save 250 lives a year not even two days of opioid overdoses.

That’s assuming that the killers wouldn’t find another method and not counting the number of deaths by homicide that owning rifles prevent.

These teens, well intentioned, are just uninformed.
    The left is just being their usual manipulative, deceitful selves.

DCM_Doc and Northern Flash like this.
  8. jimmy g

It was a guy with an AR that stopped the Tx Church Shooter a few months ago. No rifle, the shooter keeps killing.

9. Northern Flash

Northern Flash They will make you look foolish. AD-FREE USER

None of this gun grabbing stuff is going anywhere because the politicians know that their career is toast if they stick their neck out too far.
    This will be over within a week and they'll be back to Russia, Russia, Russia, and hookers peeing on a bed.

10. Northern Flash

Libs don't think rationally, it's all emotions. Luckily we don't legislate on emotions alone.

11. Northern Flash

The NRA and Trump are catching more blame than the shooter or the FBI. That's why nobody really takes this stuff seriously. It's just political.
    Ho hum.
    :popcorn:

12. Northern Flash

If Democrats had any integrity, tightening the background checks a little could be acceptable. But since the Dems can't be trusted that's not an option. They would have the Conservatives failing all background checks, just like the IRS audits. Sorry, but the Dems can no longer be trusted.

13. Northern Flash

Either arm the staff inside the school or get used to these shootings becoming normal.
    And the armed training is volunteer for the school staffers, not mandatory.
    Trish Reagan on Fox News just made a fool out of herself by saying that she can't see her sister, a teacher, handling a weapon. Volunteers stupid, it wouldn't be mandatory for all staffers. Nobody wants someone being forced to handle a weapon. Use your head. Damn.

14. JIM BOB

JIM BOB Super Moderator Staff Member

Keepingon likes this.
  15. Bubba74

isnt that the truth
    the shooter has pretty much received no blame it has been completely directed at Trump, The NRA and gun manufacturers
    it was discovered that some Florida pension money has gun manufacturers as a component

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article201335279.html

16. Keepingon

Keepingon Well-Known Member

17. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

troubleman84 and Rastus like this.
  18. Keepingon

Is how I reacted too

Rastus likes this.
  19. Rastus

Rastus ..What Goes Around Comes Around.. AD-FREE USER

This is sickening.
    Law enforcement’s response in these situations is to rush in and shoot the shooter, the more time the more dead.
    17 Americans died and if the FBI, school administration and local police did their jobs it should have been zero.

Let’s blame the nra though.

Northern Flash and DCM_Doc like this.
  20. Keepingon

It is also now being reported that the school security cameras were on a 26 minute delay which confused responding officers as to where the shooter was. And that two sheriffs officers have been placed on restrictive duty pending an investigation on how they handled multiple calls to the shooters home the sheriff says they may not have followed protocols.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/02/2...never-went-in-amid-shooting-sheriff-says.html

Their restricted assignments come as the bureau found it responded to 23 calls regarding Cruz or his brother since 2008. In two of the instances, Col. Jack Dale said, protocol might not have been followed.