ODFL | fly in the ointment

JIM BOB

06/47-08/20
Rest In Peace
Credits
What is the one thing about your job at O.D.that has made it harder to do the job right ?

when you get a two heavy loaded trailers and your rear one is loaded improperly and your set is all over the road.

when you get a two heavy loaded trailers and your rear one is loaded improperly and your set is all over the road.

I know most of the time you're stuck with what you got,I was just wondering how many terminals have scales ?

when you call dispatch and ask if the shipper actually has a pick up because as the driver you are sure they know nothing about it because it was put in by dest terminal,and you are told go by there anyway and sure enough ,if only dispatch had called at your request time and money would have been saved.my peeve all day long.

when you call dispatch and ask if the shipper actually has a pick up because as the driver you are sure they know nothing about it because it was put in by dest terminal,and you are told go by there anyway and sure enough ,if only dispatch had called at your request time and money would have been saved.my peeve all day long.

This happens at all companys.Just ask your buddys.

What is the one thing about your job at O.D.that has made it harder to do the job right ?

Some people in certain positions that have no business being there!And the one's have been in the same positons and still have no friggen clue what to do!Thank GOD for the one's that know what their doing so they can cover the slackers' butts!

Some things I do not like

The high top jiffs, seem to have more mechanical problems pin difficult to pull

The jiffs with the wire pull air release especially if at back of jiff really bad on cold wet damp days. easy fix just put a butterfly valve on it.

The trucks seem underpowered on hills and in headwinds other similar companies tractors out pull ours its frustrating.

Not getting a yard plowed very difficult to enter yard and drop and hook in much snow or ice at all. Need to make sure plow driver does not plow snow up under trailers.

not getting yards plowed is my big grip makes it hard to do your job as far as truck power my shop said day cabs are set to 335 hp and what there herin it's not going to change anytime soon

Tom never had to deal with a Kansas headwind or crosswind. The wind from H***
Which can knock a OD tractor down to 45 MPH. Driving along in 9th gear for hours. There no fun in other states either where you can catch but you can not pass. In the meantime all the other carriers drivers look at you with the. If ODs trucks run like that I could never work there look.

I feel your pain Sparky.I-70,80,40 are down right unbearable when that wind kicks up and it gets so loud you can't hear your radio or even yourself thinking!

also whats up with the weatherstripping on the doors in the truck i swear to god every tractor i get into im always getting a cold breeze and all you can hear is wind