Flying in all shop stewards this Friday ...WHY?

We'll know something by Friday evening I guess.

Doesn't leave much time to speculate, but we're truck drivers. So let's give it a go!

Here at 68 will are thinking maybe they would all of us under one contact! It would make sense since they want to grow.

Here at 68 will are thinking maybe they would all of us under one contact! It would make sense since they want to grow.

All the contracts were done last year. If they wanted to do it they coulda done it then. I can see how that would be a good thing from the Union point of view, but fail to see how that would help the company. IMO that would give the union more power than they want them to have.

Two more days til we know for sure what's brewin.

I know Ray is out for the next month or so due to health problems but I have not heard of any others leaving. Lee and Brian seem to be covering the night shift lately.

Of course I am always the last to hear about these things so do not take my word as gospel.

As for rolling Eastern into Nemf only time will tell. It would make sense with the team division seeing we are already pulling NEMF linehauls but not sure how the solo regionals would fare in such a union.

If this does come to pass I certainly hope the Eastern people (drivers and office) will be given a chance to integrate without losing any seniority or pay.

here's what's brewing. all office workers were just told that have to take 2 days unpaid furlough in July and August and they really want you to give those 4 days back as your vacation days and still work because the office staff has been cut to the bare bone and already can't complete their work. So I'm sure it is more about givebacks than any mergers of contracts or companies.

Damn, this thread is blowing up! Can't wait for the update later today!!!!!

Sounds like some fuzzy math there. 300k/ day would equal a loss of 117 million over 18 months. (based on 5 day work weeks)

So, either the claimed loss per day is grossly inflated, or some Vegas style books are being presented!
Also, non union personel (including TM's) took an immediate 8% pat cut.

Good luck to you guys...