FMCSA shuts down North Carolina fleet for compliance failures.

Guardrail

TB Legend
Credits
Moonlight Express has become the 11th trucking company this year to receive an imminent hazard out-of-service order from the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, effectively shutting down the Cherryville, N.C.-based five-truck fleet.

FMCSA says an investigation into the company last month showed the company and its owner, Rocky Lee Brown, did not comply with a wide array of federal regulations, including vehicle safety to driver monitoring.

Agency shuts down North Carolina fleet for compliance failures | Overdrive - Owner Operators Trucking Magazine

CSA has its good points, but also it's bad points. I noticed that the primary target for the FMCSA has been smaller carriers. One has to wonder why that is. Do they not know or care about the fact that CSA points don't care how large the carrier is? I mean: compare this carrier with another carrier like swift. Swift also has a high CSA score, but they haven't been shut down. Why? Is a small company with the same CSA score more dangerous than a larger one?

CSA has its good points, but also it's bad points. I noticed that the primary target for the FMCSA has been smaller carriers. One has to wonder why that is. Do they not know or care about the fact that CSA points don't care how large the carrier is? I mean: compare this carrier with another carrier like swift. Swift also has a high CSA score, but they haven't been shut down. Why? Is a small company with the same CSA score more dangerous than a larger one?
Easier to shut down. No lawyers.