Yellow | FMCSA To Release New HOS Rule December 22!

No matter which way it goes, one side or the other will challenge it in court.....still be a couple of years before anything changes

" The proposal does allow truckers to extend the driving window to 16 consecutive hours no more than twice "weekly" with release from duty required at end of the driving window."

so their wanting to let you work 16 hr days twice a week instead of once a week? Conway Freight will be happy to hear that..... what a bunch of BS

boy, the freight rates are gonna go trough the roof. the wanna do all this bull****, there is not going to be any one who will want to drive a truck because they wont be able to support their families.

boy, the freight rates are gonna go trough the roof. the wanna do all this bull****, there is not going to be any one who will want to drive a truck because they wont be able to support their families.

It won't be that bad. Might actually be better (read safer). Creating jobs is good too. But I realize that I'm in the minority in this business in that I'd rather work 40 hours. Nothing more because I truly enjoy my home time with the wife and kids. They do as well and we get by just fine on what I make.

It will remove all of the 11 hour runs that were the money runs. I ran one of these for a while but got tired of all that running. If you are on the road for 10 hours already, 1 more hour is not going to make a whit of difference.

The thing that gives me the most pause is that the 34-hour reset has to "include two consecutive off-duty periods from midnight to 6 a.m." I wonder about that. It would work out OK for my particular schedule, but I bet that window of time falls smack in the middle of screwing up somebody's day if they tie it to fixed times like that. "Midnight" is a very relative thing when you're in a 24/7/365 business.

The rest of it, good luck to y'all not getting screwed. If you ask me, they should have never started screwing with the HOS rules int he first place. They're pointless anyway. If you're sleepy, get some rest, and screw dispatch. If you're not sleepy, hammer down.

Beginning to think they are just trying to justify thier own jobs .
flip ,flop,flip,flop.....Are they really needed or are they just a burden to the tax payers.

the companys pushed for the 10 to 11 hour change in the 1st place.
it has been being watched since they changed it and they have decided that for normal people that 11 hours is to much so they will probaby change it back for your safety even though most of you would rather they made the hours longer so you can make all the big $.and not be at home .

I guess if some of us had those big money union jobs, we could afford to run those 425 mile runs and be home. Most of us are not that fortunate. Leave the HOS alone.

One thing that CERTAINLY does not need to be changed is the 14 hour daily limit. If a driver cannot complete a work assignment in 14 hours then that driver's employer NEEDS to examine their dispatching procedure.

The only meaningful change to the current rules would be a provision to stop the 14 hour clock for lunch & breaks.

This is RIGHT ON THE MARK, Redeye. Nothing promotes never stopping for a break or lunch better than putting your breaks inside your 14 hours, especially in the winter. That's how you know that non-drivers think this crap up. :duh:

They will keep changing the rules and making them more and more complicated until no one will be able to comply with them. They keep making more laws and a more complicated tax system, so that they can convict you of something anytime they want to. Of course with the law they just passed all they have to do is say you helped a terrorist and lock you away without even charging you.

you just watch.... they will turn it into a paid by the hour for all at minium wage. think of all the homeless people who will have jobs. and place to sleep, and a place to take a shower!

stop sleepers

SLEEPER Teams are unsafe and should be banned..Ive been forced on Sleepers and u NEVER sleep well while the truck is moving!!.Relay operations are far more safe and enable drivers to be home more often!!..Sleeepers Suck....everyone knows it

The thing that gives me the most pause is that the 34-hour reset has to "include two consecutive off-duty periods from midnight to 6 a.m." I wonder about that.

That'll screw the guys who work nights who want to work a sixth dispatch. Can't do it if you're looking to get the 34 hour reset. On the plus side if you're forced to, they'll have to give you an extra day off.

No longer can jobs claim to give you weekends off when you're rolling in on Saturday only to have to pull out Sunday night. If you get in on Saturday morning, you can't leave until Monday morning now. Again, this only applies if you're wanting the reset. I see that as a good thing.

They will keep changing the rules and making them more and more complicated until no one will be able to comply with them.

They have already accomplished that, lol. Ask 40 drivers about extending the 14 or 11? Which one you can, when can you do it and how it affects the other rule and you'll get 40 answers. Even our trainers don't know for sure.