Yellow | FMCSA To Release New HOS Rule December 22!

I think I missed something her e. What is the difference in hauling 2 pups or one 53' or the advantage ?
3 feet. No really I think it comes down to production on the dock. Its faster for 2 people to unload 2 pups than have the same 2 people in a 53. When in the same trailer they get in each others way or have to wait at times where as in 2 separate trailers they can work at optimum pace.

3 feet. No really I think it comes down to production on the dock. Its faster for 2 people to unload 2 pups than have the same 2 people in a 53. When in the same trailer they get in each others way or have to wait at times where as in 2 separate trailers they can work at optimum pace.

So I assume that when your hauling pups they are normally going to the same place . I watched a guy with his pups the other day . Seems like 1 person has a hassle with them . he parked on the street and then took one pup to the docs somewhere and then came back and dropped and picked up the other one and took it .... Looks like a lot of work to me for one guy .

So I assume that when your hauling pups they are normally going to the same place . I watched a guy with his pups the other day . Seems like 1 person has a hassle with them . he parked on the street and then took one pup to the docs somewhere and then came back and dropped and picked up the other one and took it .... Looks like a lot of work to me for one guy .
That sounds like a P&D driver. I was referring to linehaul. In the city there can be many reasons. Maybe the docks he was going to were not accessible with a 53?

Well, back to the subject.....HOS final rules. Looks like there isn't much change for the ltl guys. Might be a problem for the roll & rest. See they left the drive time at 11hrs and that will cause another fight. Also noticed the difference in the effective date and the compliance date. Will put me on a forced lunch break before making the end of my first leg but that's just another adjustment. More of a problem for the company getting the inbound freight into the city units and customers getting their AM delivery but what the heck, when did the Government ever care about business anyway. Got to satisfy those left wing tree huggers that want to stop the world from going around and throw the people off so they can save another owl or something. How this got from HOS to trailer length is beyond me. But I have heard that UPS is buying hundreds of twin screws with plans to go to more long boxes. Haven't seen it happening yet.