R&L | Folks, help your fellow driver

Credits
One way to do that is with collects. If you suspect it's going to a place that doesn't except collects, like military facilities, get them to sign that section 7 box on the B.O.L. That means it doesn't get delivered until we get paid, and the driver on the other end doesn't get held up or otherwise stuck with that freight all day if it gets refused. Let them iron out all the B.S. BEFORE the guy gets it on his truck to deliver it.

Every collect shipment I pick up gets that little box signed.

One way to do that is with collects. If you suspect it's going to a place that doesn't except collects, like military facilities, get them to sign that section 7 box on the B.O.L. That means it doesn't get delivered until we get paid, and the driver on the other end doesn't get held up or otherwise stuck with that freight all day if it gets refused. Let them iron out all the B.S. BEFORE the guy gets it on his truck to deliver it.

Every collect shipment I pick up gets that little box signed.
Thank you for the advice Sling Blade. But I can tell you this, most of the drivers out of my barn don't even read the bill of lading. Before we covered out west, time and time again the same guys were picking up freight going to Nd, Sd, Ca, Wa, etc. Declared values for $50,000.
Oh, and our office prints the DR's the day before and never call "*collects". All the freight that comes in gets loaded on the city trailers to be delivered that morning. We never have time to do the job right the first time, but always the second because now it's YOUR TIME out on the road.