TForce | fontana ca.

Skeeter said:
I hear a lot of things to don't mean its true.:duh:
One thing you'll know is that Fontana's ready to go Union. Jaws Dropped when they heard about the response by the REAL head of UPS that they didn't care if we went union. The word is spreading Skeeter, whens it gonna spread to you ?

mossbackman said:
One thing you'll know is that Fontana's ready to go Union. Jaws Dropped when they heard about the response by the REAL head of UPS that they didn't care if we went union. The word is spreading Skeeter, whens it gonna spread to you ?

I hope they do vote the teamsters in. Then I can laugh at them when we are making more and they are making less. We will get higher raises and the will get what the teamsters will bargain for them. Probably 20 cents.

It will be like USF Reddaway in California makes more than their union counter parts in Oregon.

Like Motor Cargo in Reno making less than the rest of Motor Cargo. But at least they can say their teamsters. :biglaugh:

I still say it will be a big split and the majority will stay nonunion and UPS will pay them just above union scale to keep them that way.

Right or wrong its my opinion just like you have one. Time will tell...:smilie_132:

Skeeter said:
I hope they do vote the teamsters in. Then I can laugh at them when we are making more and they are making less. We will get higher raises and the will get what the teamsters will bargain for them. Probably 20 cents.

It will be like USF Reddaway in California makes more than their union counter parts in Oregon.

Like Motor Cargo in Reno making less than the rest of Motor Cargo. But at least they can say their teamsters. :biglaugh:

I still say it will be a big split and the majority will stay nonunion and UPS will pay them just above union scale to keep them that way.

Right or wrong its my opinion just like you have one. Time will tell...:smilie_132:
ya their milage pay is lower but they still get the old delay pay, so they make more money than us. They don't eat any time. Overnite gives a mileage raise and then takes away more in other areas. Leos just a con man.

Some companies pay scales very depending on where you live.

Overnite always paid the same across the country.

I'm not sure of the union scale for LTL,but I'm prettty sure that UPS Freight isn't that far away,at $21.00 per hour.

Overtime is different as the union,NEMF,FEDEX Freight,and CCX,all pay overtime after 8 hours.
WE are paid after 43 hours.

I see a few hours overtime every week other than holidays.

Most drivers from these other companies that are paying after 8 hours working the city don't see much overtime.

Because starting times are staggered depending on senority.

That if you start at 7am,you go home after you put in your 8 hours.
Someone else with a later start time gets the late afternoon ,and evening work.

It all works out no matter how companies deal with overtime pay their always watching their bigger costs to cover their bottom line.

Maybe a lot of you only want 8 hours?

But for me I enjoy being a P & D driver,and I like working longer hours,if there available.

To each their own.
What a boaring world if we were all the same.

Skeeter said:

The pay scale has NOTHING to do with it!!!!!!!!

Skeet, all its going to take is for you to get completely porked by managment regardless of the company rules and you will jump the fence in a heartbeat. It won't take long. Their is pleny of porking going around. It just has not made it your way yet!

Apostolic said:
Overnite always paid the same across the country.

I'm not sure of the union scale for LTL,but I'm prettty sure that UPS Freight isn't that far away,at $21.00 per hour.

Overtime is different as the union,NEMF,FEDEX Freight,and CCX,all pay overtime after 8 hours.
WE are paid after 43 hours.

I see a few hours overtime every week other than holidays.

Most drivers from these other companies that are paying after 8 hours working the city don't see much overtime.

Because starting times are staggered depending on senority.

That if you start at 7am,you go home after you put in your 8 hours.
Someone else with a later start time gets the late afternoon ,and evening work.

It all works out no matter how companies deal with overtime pay their always watching their bigger costs to cover their bottom line.

Maybe a lot of you only want 8 hours?

But for me I enjoy being a P & D driver,and I like working longer hours,if there available.

To each their own.
What a boaring world if we were all the same.
Yes, but "O" has also always changed the rules at any given time at any terminal across the country when they see fit. Regardless of policy.

BusterNite said:
The pay scale has NOTHING to do with it!!!!!!!!

If pay scale has nothing to do with it then it must be fear. Them teamsters got you scared to go to work without representation.

BusterNite said:
Skeet, all its going to take is for you to get completely porked by managment regardless of the company rules and you will jump the fence in a heartbeat. It won't take long. Their is pleny of porking going around. It just has not made it your way yet!

I can take car of myself without the union. But thanks for your concern.

Skeeter said:
If pay scale has nothing to do with it then it must be fear. Them teamsters got you scared to go to work without representation.
NO, Just been porked way to many times. Regardless of seniority, Bids, and Schedule's By the way, When managment tells you that you have to do something that you feel is not right pertaining to your seniority,bid or schedule. You have no choice you must do it and then try to fix the problem later. Good luck. I found this out just this week!

The Teamsters are waiting for us..

to ask for representation,not trying to organize us?
Than why are so many on these trucking boards promoting the grand program their about to offer,if we just sign off on 51% of their cards?

Whats wrong with working for a non-union LTL trucking company?

So far the pay isn't that bad,as long as you do your fair share of work,everyone is happy.

If you feel cheated in some way, working for UPS Freight.
Whats to say you won't feel cheated if we were union?

I know sometimes its the little things that really get to some people.

Like couples that get a divorce,because one spouse wouldn't put the cap back on the tooth paste tube.

Sometimes it doesn't take that much to get people upset.

Take my advice,its better to thank God for what you have now,than to curse him for what you don't have.

Skeeter said:
I can take car of myself without the union. But thanks for your concern.
Well then you can take care of youself with the union too. whats the problem. Maybe we should have you represent us.

Apostolic said:
to ask for representation,not trying to organize us?
Than why are so many on these trucking boards promoting the grand program their about to offer,if we just sign off on 51% of their cards?

Whats wrong with working for a non-union LTL trucking company?

So far the pay isn't that bad,as long as you do your fair share of work,everyone is happy.

If you feel cheated in some way, working for UPS Freight.
Whats to say you won't feel cheated if we were union?

I know sometimes its the little things that really get to some people.

Like couples that get a divorce,because one spouse wouldn't put the cap back on the tooth paste tube.

Sometimes it doesn't take that much to get people upset.

Take my advice,its better to thank God for what you have now,than to curse him for what you don't have.
Take off your coat and turn on the air conditioner, when youre thinking clearly then post.