FONTANA. FEDEX FREIGHT OR SAIA....

fontucky

TB Lurker
Credits
having a tough time deciding. definitely don't want to regret anything and would like my next job to be my last. been reading really good things about both! dock time more than drive time as a new driver at fedex is the only con there but seems like after 3 years i'll be making more at fedex than i would at saia. that said id be at top pay with saia after only 18 months. but from what i'm seeing itd still be less than top pay with fedex. then comes the price for bennies... and would a company like fedex eventually buy out saia?? really at a loss here any insight from Fontana based drivers would be greatly appreciated!

I'd go with FedEx in a heartbeat. Either the place off of Mulberry or in Devore. As to SAIA, the Fontana terminal searched outside for an OPS manager a couple months ago. Tells me (1) they didn't have anybody within the terminal that wanted the position they felt confident in promoting and (2) they now are operating with an OPS manager that's been with the company less than 2 months. Both are concerning to me. Good luck with whatever you decide.