Food Stamp Fraud.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Northern Flash, Dec 30, 2016.

1. henry j

henry j Banned

I am amazed and disappointed that some here like pilot87 actually are in favor of the nut-jobs on the west coast being in control of who is chosen for POTUS. Until this election, I was not aware of the importance of the electoral system that our founding fathers wrote into our Constitution. Those people were far more intelligent and far sighted than most gave them credit for. We have the greatest country on Earth now, thanks to their decisions.

2. Northern Flash

Northern Flash Piss on our Flag, get a boycott against you.

3. pilot87

pilot87 Well-Known Member

Real classy there henry j.... I could say the same applies to you as well..... Just because you don't agree with my opinions, does not mean I'm "stupid".... I express my views and opinions in a concise and articulate manner

Thinking people wouldn't conclude I'm "stupid" even though they may disagree..... Only a stupid person would arrive at such an erroneous conclusion.... Which one applies to you?

Magoo likes this.
  4. pilot87

[OTE="henry j, post: 1123862, member: 32140"]I am amazed and disappointed that some here like pilot87 actually are in favor of the nut-jobs on the west coast being in control of who is chosen for POTUS.[/QUOTE]

I'm amazed and disappointed that some here, like henry j, actually are in favor of the minority of voters being in control of who is chosen to be the President........

The States with the largest electoral votes decide who gets to be President.....the voters in the states with the small number of electoral votes don't have the same "value" as those in "battleground States.....I.E. the big prize of big electoral votes...... It's not "nut-jobs" on the west coast.....It's voters in large Electoral vote rich States....... A President represents all Americans.....without regard for where in the Country they live.......Every other Election is popular vote and to eliminate the electoral college is to ensure that everyone's vote counts the same...... I would bet that you would feel the same way if the Electoral college went for a democrat even though the popular vote went to a Republican.......

Magoo likes this.
  5. pilot87

He despises me so much.......but forgets so soon....... :lmao:...... All's well that ends well.....

Magoo likes this.
  6. henry j

henry j Banned

Ouch, that hurt, but that's OK. Being in the trucking business for nearly 40 years has given me thick skin.
    I didn't say specifically that YOU were stupid. That was a quote from Benjamin Franklin who undoubtedly met and dealt with many people in both categories during his life as a scientist, an inventor, a statesman, a printer, a philosopher, a musician, an economist and one of America's founding fathers. (He was also quite a "ladies man") He was way smarter than either one of us, and undoubtedly a good judge of character. There's also another old saying "If the shoe fits, wear it" Apparently the shoe DOES fit you, even though it pinches a bit.
    I've been around long enough to be a pretty good judge of character, too, either by knowing someone, talking to someone or reading someone's writings. Any of those ways exposes one's inner thoughts, especially when they are drunk or angry.
    If you are unable or unwilling to consider another opinion other than your own, I guess that makes you a narcissist, but that's OK too. Hey, nobody's perfect. Opinions are like noses, everybody's got one and they're all different.
    Now you can block me from your comments.

buffalobill likes this.
  7. henry j

henry j Banned

I'm amazed and disappointed that some here, like henry j, actually are in favor of the minority of voters being in control of who is chosen to be the President........

The States with the largest electoral votes decide who gets to be President.....the voters in the states with the small number of electoral votes don't have the same "value" as those in "battleground States.....I.E. the big prize of big electoral votes...... It's not "nut-jobs" on the west coast.....It's voters in large Electoral vote rich States....... A President represents all Americans.....without regard for where in the Country they live.......Every other Election is popular vote and to eliminate the electoral college is to ensure that everyone's vote counts the same...... I would bet that you would feel the same way if the Electoral college went for a democrat even though the popular vote went to a Republican.......[/QUOTE]
    You say that it is OK for the high population Left coast cities and the high population East coast cities to constantly dictate to the lower population "fly over states" by electing every president as though they are lower class and not capable of making the right choice? Look at a map. That middle America is the food basket of this country. People are more spread out because of crops and cattle production that those high population centers depend on. Just because they are more spread out and more thinly populated does not mean they are less important as a voting block than Hollywood or NYC or Chicago or Baltimore.
    There are 3141 counties in the USA....Trump won 3084 of them....Clinton won 57
    IN NY state (Hillary's place of residence and former NY Senator) there are 62 counties... Trump won 46.....Clinton only 16
    I rest my case.

buffalobill likes this.
  8. Rastus

Rastus ......Deplorable.....

They can change the constitution or live with it. Who cares what they think, screw em.

Northern Flash and henry j like this.
  9. henry j

henry j Banned

Too bad. The moving companies were all gathered in California (Hollywood area) expecting a lot of business, but nothing happened. I guess the Hollywood liberals lied about leaving the country if Trump won. It just proves it is just something they are born with (like Homosexuality, Transexuality and Bisexuality). They just can't help it. Poor souls. Bigtime sales in crying towels.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  10. henry j

henry j Banned

To pilot 87.....................
    "10% of conflicts are due to a difference of opinion and
    90% is due to wrong tone of voice. (Author unknown)

"Trying to reason with a narcissist is like trying to nail jello to a tree"
    (Author unknown)

Northern Flash likes this.
  11. pilot87

It was you sir, that quoted my post with that quote from Franklin..... To me that set the tone.... You could have discussed the topic rather than make implications.....

12. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

[
    Don't rest it so soon.

Why is it that you feel the voters in those 46 counties shouldn't have a voice?

In the winner take all system we have now, NY is a lock for the Democrats, all because of those 16 counties. If each vote was counted, candidates counldn't ignore NY, or Texas, California, Utah, Montana, and all the other states that are deemd to go one way or the other. The way it stands now, Michigan, Pennsyvania, and Florida have way more influence than Kentucky, is that 'fair"?

Don't take this wrong, I'm not advocating a change, just pointing out a flaw in the current system.

pilot87 and Magoo like this.
  13. henry j

henry j Banned

You quoted my quote of the quotable Ben Franklin..... Here's another one to ponder;

"Some people's idea of free speech is that they are free to say anything they like,but if anyone says anything back, that is an outrage."

Sir Winston Churchill

14. henry j

henry j Banned

I think you missed my point. Trump won NY state. It was a winner take all, and Trump took it.
    Greater NY state rural voters decided Hillary was not going to run over them just because the bloodsuckers in NYC decided they wanted more free stuff. Electoral votes per state region or county are determined by population density.
    The "flaw" as you call it has worked pretty well in this country for 241 years. The Constitution and it's Amendments have been tampered with and changed too many times already.

15. CCXdriver

CCXdriver Well-Known Member

I think you missed mine as well.

Hillary did in fact run over rural NY voters, did she not?

16. Bubba74

Bubba74 Well-Known Member

the election would boil down to Il (Chicago) NY (NYC) FL and CA you would not see candidates at the Iowa State Fair because of the lack of population
    The left is mad because Hilly ignored Iow completely took for granted MI and PA until the last minute and lost
    she was a lazy candidate and most likely would have been a lazy president, that said we will never know on the later

Rastus likes this.
  17. pilot87

Why would I do that?.... If you wish to ”ignore ” me....feel free to do so...

No.....however your reply made that implication.... The intent was clear..... However, I will over look it and move past it......

By your definition of "narcissist"..... Everyone on here is one.... including you.... I have not seen any " conservative" on here consider another opinion.....nor a liberal either for that matter......

By expressing my points of view and stating my reasons as to why I see a topic or issue a certain way does not make me a narcissist...any more so than it does you....

Magoo likes this.
  18. pilot87

Sounds like trying to reason with a lot of people on here....

Magoo likes this.
  19. pilot87

I can't speak for the ”Dems".....however, speaking for myself, I brought up the popular vote because some on here were saying, erroneously, that "The American people have spoken" with regards to Trumps win....and that isn't the case...... I understand how the system works.....or more accurately, how it doesn't work due to being totally corrupted....

I don't know where you've been the past 8 years..... The unprecedented hatred for Obama goes way past "animosity"..... and the Republicans spent the last 8 years trying to block anything and everything they could as a way to delegitimize his presidency..... Look at the commentary on here as an example....

It isn't.... But it's unconstitutional to have state sanctioned discrimination.... Which is what was happening as regards same-sex marriage....

Good question..... They shouldn't be....but they are......which leads to another question.... Why do Republican's want the Government to pass a law that says marriage is only between a man and a woman ?

If the Government shouldn't be involved in marriage standards, Republicans shouldn't be using Government to insert their religious beliefs on the population....
    That's the whole point.....

If it's not....then why all the hoopla over gays getting married then?........ .. Here's why...It's the discrimination between one segement of society over another.... That is the crux of the issue... Is it a constitutional right to get a drivers licence? No....but it is unconstitutional to discriminate against a segment of society to deny them a drivers licence because they are Gay....or Black...or a woman.... That's the root of the issue with same-sex marriage

Magoo and CCXdriver like this.
  20. henry j

henry j Banned

"I wish common sense was more common"