Food Trucks?

MikeJ

TB Veteran
Credits
Do you guys deliver to any food trucks? Obviously I don't think that the food truck calls Sysco and says tomorrow will be at this corner come here and deliver, but do you guys go to any restaurants that have food trucks or to any kind of kitchens that run food trucks.

I was watching a movie this weekend called Chef it was about a guy who started a food truck. I thought I wonder where he is getting his food from. I don't think Sysco would just chase him around town to deliver food.

The other thing I thought was, gee you're kind of limited for storage in a food truck. What would be cool and this probably is not a feasible business, but take you know those trailers that people pull behind there pick up trucks and convert them for food truck service make them like mini Sysco trailers with the little refrigerator unit on the roof and a freezer and cooler and dry goods storage compartment.

Do you guys deliver to any food trucks? Obviously I don't think that the food truck calls Sysco and says tomorrow will be at this corner come here and deliver, but do you guys go to any restaurants that have food trucks or to any kind of kitchens that run food trucks.

I was watching a movie this weekend called Chef it was about a guy who started a food truck. I thought I wonder where he is getting his food from. I don't think Sysco would just chase him around town to deliver food.

The other thing I thought was, gee you're kind of limited for storage in a food truck. What would be cool and this probably is not a feasible business, but take you know those trailers that people pull behind there pick up trucks and convert them for food truck service make them like mini Sysco trailers with the little refrigerator unit on the roof and a freezer and cooler and dry goods storage compartment.

When I worked there we delivered a few, all the ones we delivered to had a delivery location they rented for the purpose of storage and such. We did have a couple that we met and the would off load into their personal vehicle to take wherever but it was always a set location and set time some we had to call ahead but it wasn't bad.

I worked out of a shuttle site.
Gottcha. I know like Sysco closed Sysco Columbus around the time the new Sysco Cleveland facility was built circa 2005ish? Sysco Cleveland used to be all the way on Aurora Road near South East, Harley Davidson and then they built the new warehouse on Grayton Road near I-480 in Cleveland which is not far from where I live very very very close if I worked at Sysco it would be a 10 minute drive to work.

Sysco Cleveland pretty much does what half the state of Ohio? The only thing I don't know is does Sysco Cleveland do Toledo or is that handled by Sysco Detroit? I know Sysco has a drop yard in Findlay.

Gottcha. I know like Sysco closed Sysco Columbus around the time the new Sysco Cleveland facility was built circa 2005ish? Sysco Cleveland used to be all the way on Aurora Road near South East, Harley Davidson and then they built the new warehouse on Grayton Road near I-480 in Cleveland which is not far from where I live very very very close if I worked at Sysco it would be a 10 minute drive to work.

Sysco Cleveland pretty much does what half the state of Ohio? The only thing I don't know is does Sysco Cleveland do Toledo or is that handled by Sysco Detroit? I know Sysco has a drop yard in Findlay.

Well it's a little complicated, they closed the Columbus warehouse (which was the old Abbot foods) in 2010. Sysco Cleveland has four shuttle sites Columbus, Ashland, Akron, and New Philadelphia. They took most of Columbus's old customers. But Cincinnati also has a Columbus shuttle site. Detroit took some of the western Ohio stuff.

I did twice, delivered it to a bar and put it into the customers VW van. I don't think I could do that now with all the restrictions that came out of the Cali thing. If I have a delivery to an address and the customer wants it taken elsewhere, the prez of the company has to sign off on it, in other words I have to deliver to the address on the invoice.