Central Transport | Fools

speedracer21

TB Lurker
Credits
do any of you fools really belive you will be getting a raise because you were bought out? sorry bro it dont work that way! the company that was bought out always loses there pay and their job etc! it is not going to get any better because someone bought vitran! on the bright side you will be able to get unemployment and spend some time messing with your girl!

do any of you fools really belive you will be getting a raise because you were bought out? sorry bro it dont work that way! the company that was bought out always loses there pay and their job etc! it is not going to get any better because someone bought vitran! on the bright side you will be able to get unemployment and spend some time messing with your girl!

I respectfully disagree. When Vitran bought Milan the Milan drivers were bumped up to V starting pay.

While I do not think the financial future of V drivers will be better than at, say estes, words like "always" and "never" rarely apply.

if i remember correctly, milan drivers had to fill out apps for vitran. they got the vitran wage and started as a new hire.

if i remember correctly, milan drivers had to fill out apps for vitran. they got the vitran wage and started as a new hire.

That is correct. It was a raise for them too. The Milan guys also lost seniority. However, at my barn the LH drivers kept their same trucks and many of them even ran the same route they were on at Milan.

On paper they lost their jobs, but on the ground it seemed more like a new terminal and a raaise.

Last edited by a moderator:

That's definitely correct.

I respectfully disagree. When Vitran bought Milan the Milan drivers were bumped up to V starting pay.

While I do not think the financial future of V drivers will be better than at, say estes, words like "always" and "never" rarely apply.
when vitran bought chris they did not raise the pay

when vitran bought chris they did not raise the pay

We never got Vitran pay. Except our guys who are in Vitran terminals.
They got Vitran pay after they fought for it and had a lawsuit against Vitran.
They was told not to talk about it in detail. Now the Vitran guys get a taste of what a lot of us have been complaining about.
I hope all will go good. And it probably will at first. But then people will relax and think there out of the fire. And we will spiral to the bottom. We will be no better than beaver (a small ltl company that has junk for trucks)

approx 450 pjax employees got vitran wages only at terminals were they merged together. the employees were around 7 or 8 yrs seniority and beyond. there was a driver that got over $2.00 an hr adjustment at our terminal . most of them got a dollar and change.

approx 450 pjax employees got vitran wages only at terminals were they merged together. the employees were around 7 or 8 yrs seniority and beyond. there was a driver that got over $2.00 an hr adjustment at our terminal . most of them got a dollar and change.

That didn't happen at our Term. Actually have 4 pay scales--Vitran,PJAX,Milan, and post freeze new hire. But HR says we are Vitran employees, we just get paid differently.

what i still can't believe is that vitran drivers (before the merger) are one week behind in pay while pjax drivers and drivers hired after merger are two weeks behind in pay, but we're considered one company. what a joke.

That didn't happen at our Term. Actually have 4 pay scales--Vitran,PJAX,Milan, and post freeze new hire. But HR says we are Vitran employees, we just get paid differently.

that adjustment i'm talking about happened approx 2 yrs ago.

When I worked there I always wished we were on a 2 week pay schedule. If you plan it right you can make 13 car and 13 house payments a year. As for the 2 weeks behind, once you skip the 2 weeks, does it really matter? Everyone is goign to leave this place eventually and you will get your 2 checks. With that said, if they lock doors, how long will it take or will you receive the checks?
what i still can't believe is that vitran drivers (before the merger) are one week behind in pay while pjax drivers and drivers hired after merger are two weeks behind in pay, but we're considered one company. what a joke.

hey speedracer21 do you really need to insult a group of people who may all end up losing their jobs ??
everyone sees what is happening here... you dont need to rub salt on the wound...

so disrespectful.

When I worked there I always wished we were on a 2 week pay schedule. If you plan it right you can make 13 car and 13 house payments a year. As for the 2 weeks behind, once you skip the 2 weeks, does it really matter? Everyone is goign to leave this place eventually and you will get your 2 checks. With that said, if they lock doors, how long will it take or will you receive the checks?

It is either a Federal or State law on how soon after termination they have to get you your monies due.