Yellow | For all disgruntled, unhappy YRC drivers....

<snip>No business deliberately bankrupts itself..

X49cuUD.jpg

And to finish answering your question, I know because I run a business. I can read a spreadsheet. I know how much diesel it takes before a truck makes a single cent. I know how much insurance costs.

If you don't, you don't belong in a discussion regarding the financial welfare of the business you work for. That's not going to stop you from complaining about your paycheck though.
Yrcw has a fuel surcharge and they are self insured so subtract that from your speedy figures. Our struggle is very real!

How would you know Canadian flyer? Your not a Teamster and you do not work for YRC. The screwing is a fact. Please get off this forum.
Get over yourself. If you feel you're getting "screwed", then YOU need to pack it in and move on. Every LTL carrier is hiring and all I hear is how much better the conditions are EVERYWHERE except YRCF.
No one is forcing you to remain at YRCF. BTW this forum is open to all as well. Provided rules of etiquette are followed.

CF closed because they could not post the required bonding money for Workman's Comp. That's a FACT!

Yrcw has a fuel surcharge and they are self insured so subtract that from your speedy figures. Our struggle is very real!
YRCF is not self insured. And by your statement you have demonstrated how little you really know. Look in your registration book. The insurance certificate is the FIRST paperwork you will find! The last figure I am aware of is our per accident deductible is $3 MILLION. And our premium is based on how many power units are licensed. Reducing that cost is why new tractors are equipped with the collision avoidance and lane departure sensors!
My struggle is very real, with delusional people like you! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

CF closed because they could not post the required bonding money for Workman's Comp. That's a FACT!

YRCF is not self insured. And by your statement you have demonstrated how little you really know. Look in your registration book. The insurance certificate is the FIRST paperwork you will find! The last figure I am aware of is our per accident deductible is $3 MILLION. And our premium is based on how many power units are licensed. Reducing that cost is why new tractors are equipped with the collision avoidance and lane departure sensors!
My struggle is very real, with delusional people like you! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:
From the makers of
Track & Manage All Of Your Investments
Try It Now!

New! Portfolio Login / Sign Up

px.gif
Search

YRC Worldwide (YRCW)

0.03 (0.26%)
as of Mar 13, 4:00 PM EDT

SUMMARY

BULLS
BEARS
TOPICS

DATA CENTRAL

STOCK CHART

SEC FILINGS
BALANCE
INCOME
CASH FLOW
YRCW » Topics » Claims and Insurance
This excerpt taken from the YRCW 10-K filed Mar 1, 2007.
Claims and Insurance

We are self-insured up to certain limits for workers’ compensation, cargo loss and damage, property damage and liability claims. We measure the liabilities associated with workers’ compensation and property damage and liability claims primarily through actuarial methods that an independent third party performs. Actuarial methods include estimates for the undiscounted liability for claims reported, for claims incurred but not reported and for certain future administrative costs. These estimates are based on historical loss experience and judgments about the present and expected levels of costs per claim and the time required to settle claims. The effect of future inflation for costs is implicitly considered in the actuarial analyses. Actual claims may vary from these estimates due to a number of factors, including but not limited to, accident frequency and severity, claims management, changes in healthcare costs and overall economic conditions. We discount the actuarial calculations of claims liabilities for each calendar year

Table of Contents
to present value based on the average U.S. Treasury rate, during the calendar year of occurrence, for maturities that match the initial expected payout of the liabilities. As of December 31, 2006 and 2005, we had $504.4 million and $499.9 million accrued for claims and insurance. The increase in claims and insurance from 2005 to 2006 is a result of unfavorable development in prior year workers’ compensation claims offset by favorable trends in property damage and liability claims.

This excerpt taken from the YRCW 10-K filed Mar 15, 2006.
Claims and Insurance

We are self-insured up to certain limits for workers’ compensation, cargo loss and damage, property damage and liability claims. We measure the liabilities associated with workers’ compensation and property damage and liability claims primarily through actuarial methods that an independent third party performs. Actuarial methods include estimates for the undiscounted liability for claims reported, for claims incurred but not reported and for certain future administrative costs. These estimates are based on historical loss experience and judgments about the present and expected levels of costs per claim and the time required to settle claims. The effect of future inflation for costs is implicitly considered in the actuarial analyses. Actual claims may vary from these estimates due to a number of factors, including but not limited to, accident frequency and severity, claims management, changes in healthcare costs and overall economic conditions. We discount the actuarial calculations to present value based on the U.S. Treasury rate, at the date of occurrence, for maturities that match the expected payout of the liabilities. As of December 31, 2005 and 2004, we had $448.6 million and $320.8 million accrued for claims and insurance. The increase in claims and insurance from 2004 to 2005 resulted primarily from the inclusion of USF companies in
This excerpt taken from the YRCW 10-K filed Mar 15, 2005.
Claims and Insurance

We are self-insured up to certain limits for workers’ compensation, cargo loss and damage, property damage and liability claims. We measure the liabilities associated with workers’ compensation and property damage and liability claims primarily through actuarial methods that an independent third party performs. Actuarial methods include estimates for the undiscounted liability for claims reported, for claims incurred but not reported and for certain future administrative costs. These estimates are based on historical loss experience and judgments about the present and expected levels of costs per claim and the time required to settle claims. The effect of future inflation for costs is implicitly considered in the actuarial analyses. Actual claims may vary from these estimates due to a number of factors, including but not limited to, accident frequency and severity, claims management, changes in healthcare costs and overall economic conditions. We discount the actuarial calculations to present value based on the U.S. Treasury rate, at the date of occurrence, for maturities that match the expected payout of the liabilities. As of December 31, 2004 and 2003, we had $320.8 million and $299.3 million accrued for claims and insurance. The increase in claims and insurance from 2003 to 2004 is reflective of our overall increase in
Ok to certain limits which are excessive so since you want to be insulting. I must have been wrong about the order. You are obviously the dominate party in the relationship. By the way I'm not homophobic at all. Your allowed any relationship you like. Just don't expect me to be talked down too airbag.

We are self-insured up to certain limits for workers’ compensation, cargo loss and damage, property damage and liability claims.
My point exactly. That's why it is called a deductible, we still have to have insurance. We pay for insurance the same as you. Once you reach a threshold amount your insurance pays, less and you pay out of pocket. And it is very expensive.

At the end of the day this is true the final straw if you will! A whole lot of ::shit:: happened to reach this point! The double breasting clause in the NMFA
disappeared and being spun off by CNF just to name a couple! The FACT is they took funds from one company and started another! The FACT is they spun off CF! The FACT is the company went under! The FACT is the owners were complicit in CF's demise!!!!

Ok to certain limits which are excessive so since you want to be insulting. I must have been wrong about the order. You are obviously the dominate party in the relationship. By the way I'm not homophobic at all. Your allowed any relationship you like. Just don't expect me to be talked down too airbag.
If anyone posts something that is demonstrably false I will call it out. BTW, the word your searching for is to not too. Grammatical errors are subject to ridicule as well. :1036316054:

If anyone posts something that is demonstrably false I will call it out. BTW, the word your searching for is to not too. Grammatical errors are subject to ridicule as well. :1036316054:

It appears to be quite obvious that calling out blatantly incorrect/false comments offends some people. My suggestion to them is to avoid posting incorrect crap and they'll avoid being offended. Simple isn't it?

Last edited:

YRCF is not self insured.

That wasn't your point. You were being a smart ×$% and didn't even know what you were talking about. They're insurance is very Different from yours and mine. They only pay after a certain threshold is met. Unlike a deductible they may not pay at all on most claims also this insurance is much cheaper on a percentage basis than you me or a independent contractor would pay...good try though

Because a lot of people are legitimately convinced that YRC is screwing them deliberately out of some twisted desire to make everyone miserable when it's just not true. No business deliberately bankrupts itself.

It's one thing to joke about "the Cayman account" and cooking the books and pulling the wool over everyone's eyes about the debt. It is completely another to believe that these things are true. If everything claimed about YRC were true, the management would either be working for the US Government or incarcerated for tax evasion.
Things are probably a little different North of the border eh?. but then you guys came to the rescue and gave us another round of hoffa. In the US it's considered a virtue to screw your employees. Wall street wouldn't work with them if they didn't shear the sheep. In the US, business's run just north of BK every day. It's called doing business. and they take pride in it. I get the impression you're in the "Don't like it? QUIT !!" crowd. I'm sure yrc appreciates your vote of confidence.

I never said you were preventing anyone from venting. My point is that I rarely see you agree with anyone. Remember that this site is not only for the intelectual point of view but for all points of view. Agreed that some of it makes no since but take the venting with a grain of salt. We don't need to argue every damn little point.
I find that I can agree with a lot of people on this site. Some I don't, God gave us all a mind of our own. It's just that it seems that you have a problem agreeing with 90% of whats said here.

LV, you certainly did imply I was preventing people from venting, here are your exact words: "Please try to just let people vent sometimes on T-Boards."

I agree with lots of people who post. I may not make a post saying so, but I'll usually give a "like" to their post if I agree with it. And I don't have a "problem" of any kind on here and that includes "agreeing with 90% of what's said". There is no required percentage that anyone has to agree to. I freely choose to express my opinions just like anyone else and if my opinions are not to your liking that's your issue. You're free to contradict or disprove anything I say at any time. Go for it.

I have fat fingers ty.....among other things. ...made me laugh

See, that's what we need more of on here - laughter, not sensitivity. :1036316054:
This is true.
I just wish this union could once again be the great brotherhood that I grew up hearing about.
I do try to foster this to the new hires even though this situation is very trying.
We older teamsters would probably better served to trying to come up with solutions as the problems are quite evident.