Yellow | For all disgruntled, unhappy YRC drivers....

LV, you certainly did imply I was preventing people from venting, here are your exact words: "Please try to just let people vent sometimes on T-Boards."

I agree with lots of people who post. I may not make a post saying so, but I'll usually give a "like" to their post if I agree with it. And I don't have a "problem" of any kind on here and that includes "agreeing with 90% of what's said". There is no required percentage that anyone has to agree to. I freely choose to express my opinions just like anyone else and if my opinions are not to your liking that's your issue. You're free to contradict or disprove anything I say at any time. Go for it.
I think you missing the point. It's almost as though you want to be the one who disagrees with everything. It seems like you set yourself to be just that.
Look I know B.S. when I see it. I know venting when I read it. Not every post requires a responce or correction. Some don't even require a comment. Some do.
In short I would let some people just "Get it off their chest", Stay quite, And leave it at that. As I said before, Better to vent on T Boards than at pre-shift.

I will reiterate LOOK in the registration book. There is an insurance certificate, we are NOT self insured. No matter how many break room attorneys tell you we are.
When I worked at Anchor we were self insured and had to carry an insurance card, not all states recognize the self insured, hence the card.

I'm not the one claiming to be a business owner
There's a lot more than expense reports involved in running a business. I don't expect you to understand that. Being an owner/operator is far from simple or everyone would be doing it.

And it is running a business, as far as the carrier I work for, the government and the tax man are concerned. The reason most owner/operators fail within the first year is because they don't understand that they have to consider truck maintenance coming out of their paycheck, among other things. They don't consider themselves businessmen, and that's where they're wrong.

And to finish answering your question, I know because I run a business. I can read a spreadsheet. I know how much diesel it takes before a truck makes a single cent. I know how much insurance costs.

If you don't, you don't belong in a discussion regarding the financial welfare of the business you work for. That's not going to stop you from complaining about your paycheck though.
Again you don't get to vote on a contract because you are not a Teamster!
And to finish answering your question, I know because I run a business. I can read a spreadsheet. I know how much diesel it takes before a truck makes a single cent. I know how much insurance costs.

If you don't, you don't belong in a discussion regarding the financial welfare of the business you work for. That's not going to stop you from complaining about your paycheck though.[/QUOTE. Get real, your a jippo!

Again you don't get to vote on a contract because you are not a Teamster!
This has nothing to do with voting on a contract. That wasn't part of the discussion, and I have never input my opinion on what should be in the contract. I believe you deserve your money back, and I've said that more than once. But I'm also a realist, and YRC has it available for all to see that they're barely turning a profit.

Believe what you like about the numbers. It's certainly open to interpretation as to whether or not they're spending money in the wrong areas or spending too much.

And I'm not a jippo. I respect my status as a non-union driver when I am at Holland's Detroit barn and never do anything besides drop or hook my assigned trailers without asking first. Just because I own my truck doesn't mean I live at truck stops and **** in jugs.

Why is that? Do you feel you are superior to all the other "business owners"? Glad you have it figured out.
I'm not going to argue with you about superiority. I don't expect anyone who has never run their own truck to know what is required to operate a truck. Some people know, some people don't. The only way I'm any better than any other owner/operator is by virtue of success. It's not impossible, it's not rocket science, but it's not something everyone can do and a lot of people fail.

I wasn't being arrogant when I said that I don't expect you to understand. Maybe you do. It's just easier to anticipate that someone who has never done it thinks it's easy.

I don't expect anyone who has never run their own truck to know what is required to operate a truck.
You make an awful lot of assumptions, I and others here have owned trucks, I can tell you that in 1972 I made more money by mistake than you can make on purpose today. If you're happy who am I to say it's wrong

I never said you were preventing anyone from venting. My point is that I rarely see you agree with anyone. Remember that this site is not only for the intelectual point of view but for all points of view. Agreed that some of it makes no since but take the venting with a grain of salt. We don't need to argue every damn little point.
I find that I can agree with a lot of people on this site. Some I don't, God gave us all a mind of our own. It's just that it seems that you have a problem agreeing with 90% of whats said here.
That's because 90% of the drivers here have a negative view of the company....triplex is positive and most of the times shares important information.