New Penn | For NewPenn Teamsters only

newpenn107

TB Regular
Credits
NewPenn Teamsters

You should think hard before you vote. I believe we should vote NO on anymore concessions to YRC.
Here are my thoughts on why. Newpenn Teamsters are only about 3% of the Teamster workforce under YRC. We are also the only Union Carrier that they own, that is still making a profit or at worse, not losing money.
These concessions are all about saving YRC who made stupid purchases of multiple companies over a 2-3 year period. Then the economy goes to crap. All the purchases were made with loans or stock.
The IBT should have never allowed one company to control the majority of the Teamster Freight jobs.
The IBT told us a 10% wage cut would save the company. A lie! Since the wage cut YRC has done many things that cost more and more Teamster Jobs. They merged yellow/roadway, closed many Holland terminals, sold the Corporate Headquarters, and the best yet?? Sold all if not most of Newpenn’s terminals! Yet they still own YRC logistics along with the Chinese trucking company who many Investment advisors have said that YRC could raise 100 –150 million dollars if they sold it. Why haven’t they tried that? All YRC has done to us is, sell property, take our wages, cut jobs and now they don’t want to pay into the pensions!
We were threatened on the last vote to vote yes or they close us! The vote was a majority YES. They didn’t close us, but they still sold all our properties and took all the cash in the bank.

If we are voting separate like the last time we should vote NO! Ask yourself what is the worst that can happen if we vote no.
Close us up? I doubt it. Are they going to close us because they have maybe 1400 of us out of 40,000 that voted no? They won’t and maybe they can’t. They would still have a huge liability payable to the pensions if they close us. Will they close us while we are the only Union Company they own that is still in the black making money? Other YRC Teamsters are not getting money paid into their pension funds. We still are, have your checked with your fund lately to see that?

Vote No and maybe it forces their hand and they sell us!

We made NewPenn the best carrier in the industry! And we have held our own since I started here 21 years ago! Sure there are weekly if not daily issues and problems here. But none are life threatening that we can’t get them resolved or work through them.

Now ask yourself what could happen if we vote yes.
You give them more of your money while they still continue to go down.
You lose money into the pension funds and time earned for pension. You just added over a year longer until you can retire. You now give YRC millions of dollars for what? Where have all the hundreds of millions of dollars they have saved in the last six months gone?
You give them money with no guarantees that they won’t go bankrupt anyway.
Don’t give them more money to mismanage and you work for 10 bucks an hour less and they still may go belly up!!
No one is making YRC accountable for all the things they have done. It’s time that we do!!
We may be the smallest mouths in the class, but you can be sure that we can have the loudest voice!
Not the loudest voice for Teamsters or other carriers. But the loudest voice for NewPenn and ourselves!! I for one am tired of watching an outside person (zollars) destroy Newpenn and destroy our jobs!
Stand the hell up and be heard for once!! If we go out, we go out with dignity! Be proud! Not Teamster proud or NewPenn proud!! But proud that you took a stand and said enough is enough!
And YES....THAT IS MY FINAL ANSWER

Right with ya, we need all New Penn to vote no. Our teamster mechanics voted no last time and are not losing the 10%. Are pension payments need to be paid. JUST VOTE NO!!!

newpenn107,for all your ranting and raveing about all this over the last week, i have to say, you have presented your thoughs in your last post here in a way that should make any that have worked at npme for at least 10yrs. really think about how to vote if any vote does come up for us as a company. any of us that have been here for any amount of time absolutely hate what yrcw has done to us as a profitable union company. npme defies what any say, how we can't compete and still be profitable with a union workforce. npme operates in what has to be the toughest regional area in the whole country. boston, providance and the rest of new england, nyc, and nj metroe area, phila, balt. and dc area,hell most of us put up with more sh%t on a daily bases than anybody should have to to make a good liveing even in this business. but this isn't just about teamsters at npme, there are a great many on the other side of that glass window that have taken cuts also and don't like it but still come to work and do there best, full and part-time. and depend on the rewards npme has given all of us. 10% give back sucks, and don't think i'd vote for more, or should any nonunion emploeyes have to acept any more.i would not even try to change your thoughs on this whole mess were in, ok, but i think you have to at least see there are , alot more than you or your phila teamsters or what ever group of people you think follow your beleifs, that have as much say or should in the matter of "close the gates now" banter you have always preached . everybody at npme is working for alot less than they should be right now in the hope of keeping this company alive. no matter what those odds are. i do say this, if yrcw closes ,you will never find another npme, and since you have been here for 21 yrs. you no what i mean.

Ok, you lost me on your post. I can't tell if you agree or not. Sounds like you do..then it sounds like you don't.
Did you get my point of why it was posted for newpenn? and not for all of YRC.
Well the point is in my opinion that there is no upside for newpenn with a yes vote. There may be an upside with a no vote. The yrc vote will pass thats a given. I am saying the newpenn vote shouldn't. And I know its about many people on the other side of the window. But they don't vote.
I posted it to give people something to think about , just like you said...now its up to each one to take what they want out of it and atleast make an informed decision

Ok, you lost me on your post. I can't tell if you agree or not. Sounds like you do..then it sounds like you don't.
Did you get my point of why it was posted for newpenn? and not for all of YRC.
Well the point is in my opinion that there is no upside for newpenn with a yes vote. There may be an upside with a no vote. The yrc vote will pass thats a given. I am saying the newpenn vote shouldn't. And I know its about many people on the other side of the window. But they don't vote.
I posted it to give people something to think about , just like you said...now its up to each one to take what they want out of it and atleast make an informed decision
I agree 100 percent- npme ran under 100 during all this downturn, made enough to pay our pension-yrc says dont pay it ? NO WAY !!!

Question :popcorn:How do we even know if we are going to vote separate..From talking to the guys in NBG,most would vote NO:Flame-On: enough is enough:ranting2:

I was just getting on here to post a thread of the same subject. I have been here for 11 years. I have seen the great times and now this. This sickens me to see this company the way it is now. Noone cares anymore (including me) We need some positive news, and I think this is what we all need to see happen. I think we need to vote no and tell yrcw to F___ off !!! Hell maybe they will get rid of us if we vote no. I will be talking to everyone at our terminal trying to make this an overwhelming vote. I don't even think new penn's upper management will be around to sell this to us. They are just as upset as we are. Look how many of those guys have left. well have to go cut grass!!

d.j.

We dont want another trucking company to buy us,we want investors to buys us,let us keep doing what we do making money for the owner.another trucking company is not the answer.

I'm still doing my job as best I can,I'm not a slacker.
I knew it was only a matter of time before they would ask us for another giveback.We gave them concessions,now it's the bigshots turn.I don't see them taking any cuts,cutting fat.
They're laughing at us.:biglaugh:

We all have to think about this if we vote no they are not going to shut us down we are the only company that makes money for them the banks wont let them shut us down they own us.

I think you could be on to something with this post. During the last vote, when NPME voted separately, YRCW made the very clear and very real threat that they would close NPME down if the vote didn't go their way.

I'm sure they will make the same threat again but this time it is different. This time Holland is gone in the East. This time there is no other YRCW carrier available to start picking up the freight. So the threat of closure, on the part of YRCW, could very well be an empty threat.

The big question is....will NPME vote separate?

Great post newpenn107! This is what makes this board great. People presenting ideas and facts instead of rumors. I am beginning to feel the right thing to do is vote for no more concessions. This might make us more attractive to sell for desperately needed cash while relieving YRCW of New Penn's pension obligations and H+W payments. Are you reading this YRCW Board of Directors? I hope so. I will not make up my mind until the final concession package is presented, but I feel this company WILL SURVIVE a NO vote. I am curious to see my local's spin on why we need to agree to more cuts. Keep working New Penn Proud and ask questions! Stay informed! Discuss with EVERY member at your terminal. Get the word out to those that have not found this board yet. We need to get every New Penn member on board to succeed with a NO vote. We will have YRCW management, IBT, and our own locals urging a YES vote. The time is coming for all of us Teamsters at New Penn to UNITE and change the way this company is being run! This vote is about us at New Penn-and our desire to end the destruction of our great company by YRCW.

I am not a New Penn Employee but I have to agree with you guys on this thread. I do not believe that YRC could even shut you down if you voted NO. The creditors would not allow it at this point. New Penn has always made money and at one time they were the carrier to work for. I know 3 drivers who I worked with and they are top notch guys who believe in the company. Good Luck and hopefully you will get your own vote!

Think again if yrc is gonna shut down,who would buy new penn knowing they will have to put into this multi employer pension,they would be out of business real quick and so would abf.

Think again if yrc is gonna shut down,who would buy new penn knowing they will have to put into this multi employer pension,they would be out of business real quick and so would abf.

Your post makes no sense. As a stand-alone company New Penn is profitable in the middle of the worst recession since the Great Depression. Any investor who buys this fine company will get much new equipment, hard-working employees who proved once already they will sacrifice (10% wage cut) to help company succeed, and a proven business plan! We make money in a very tough freight environment! With YRCW selling off some of our terminals it lowers New Penn's purchase price due to less real estate to aquire. My last big reason why New Penn would be a great investment to a forward thinking investor group-WE HAVE NO DEBT! When the economy recovers, and it will, New Penn will be making money hand over fist. If we are not allowed a seperate vote on the upcoming pension deferral, then it proves YRCW and the IBT are worried all of us at New Penn will vote NO and call their bluff. I am ALL IN! How about you?

Try reading it again this time slower,if yrc shuts down,then its up to new penn and abf to contribute to the pension fund that yrc cant afford,new penn and abf will have to pay to the fund for people who never worked for them.so down gos your profits.understand now.

Try reading it again this time slower,if yrc shuts down,then its up to new penn and abf to contribute to the pension fund that yrc cant afford,new penn and abf will have to pay to the fund for people who never worked for them.so down gos your profits.understand now.

I don't have to read slower to understand something. If YRCW goes under so does New Penn. They own us as well as Yellow/Roadway, Holland, and Reddaway. Their will be noone left to contribute except ABF and UPS (except Central States). Who knows what will happen then?

By the way, which YRCW company do you work for? Your profile says CRY. if you work for Yellow/Roadway then why are you on the New Penn board spreading negativity?

In my opinion YRC is done. They have so much debt already. And the pension deferrals put them about another 500 million in debt. Any idea how fast the economy needs to pick up and how much increased freight volume YRC needs just in order to stay even?
I don't think they will be able to even if freight levels pick up.
I've seen post about how we must help YRC and it will be a long painful slow process. Well long and slow won't do it. If it doesn't happen with in 6 months it never will. They will keep going deeper in the red and not be able to pull out of it.
SO... if we at newpenn can do anything to get out of the YRC system, I think a no vote is our only hope.
And I still have 6 days left this month for my prediction to happen. Which was, if freight levels don't improve by june. Then YRC will make some kind of move with Holland and/or Newpenn

In my opinion YRC is done. They have so much debt already. And the pension deferrals put them about another 500 million in debt. Any idea how fast the economy needs to pick up and how much increased freight volume YRC needs just in order to stay even?
I don't think they will be able to even if freight levels pick up.
I've seen post about how we must help YRC and it will be a long painful slow process. Well long and slow won't do it. If it doesn't happen with in 6 months it never will. They will keep going deeper in the red and not be able to pull out of it.
SO... if we at newpenn can do anything to get out of the YRC system, I think a no vote is our only hope.
And I still have 6 days left this month for my prediction to happen. Which was, if freight levels don't improve by june. Then YRC will make some kind of move with Holland and/or Newpenn

Gotta agree...the only way to get out from under YRC is to vote NO and force them to make a decision. Closing us is not a option because we are the only entity making money and the banks would not allow it Selling us would be in there best interest because New Penn is the only part of this Frankenstein creation that anybody would be willing to invest their money in.