New Penn | For NewPenn Teamsters only

well well well

yrc go to hell

no no no

its always the rank and file taking the hit

did the people at the ibt in dc give back?

how about the reading people all high and mighty in reading did they lose anytinhg ?

i hope the thought sinks in

i also hope new penn people have the balls to stand up and say enough

Maybe they could spin off NP as a separate entity, just like when AT&T spun off the Baby Bells and they then flourished on their own. Wall Street loves stuff like that, rather than an outright sale that would be full of entanglements.

Maybe they could spin off NP as a separate entity, just like when AT&T spun off the Baby Bells and they then flourished on their own. Wall Street loves stuff like that, rather than an outright sale that would be full of entanglements.

And that would be different than what we already are how??
We're already a seperate entity. What entaglements would a sale bring except untangle us from the YRC web.
If someone would buy us on the condition of us keeping the 10% wage cut.. Count me IN as a big YES

You dont comprehend what you read too good do you,i was replying to the original post on here about how we should vote no because yrc would be forced to sell us by the banks if yrc fails.what i was saying if that happens new penn,abf would also fail because of the multi employer liability,what dont you understand.its a fact,no negativity.

And that would be different than what we already are how??
We're already a seperate entity. What entaglements would a sale bring except untangle us from the YRC web.
If someone would buy us on the condition of us keeping the 10% wage cut.. Count me IN as a big YES

Well for one thing you would be a separate stock listing independant of YRC, and thus the worth of the stock would be determined by your own performance.

Well for one thing you would be a separate stock listing independant of YRC, and thus the worth of the stock would be determined by your own performance.

Good point Kevin... it was like that years ago. Then it was AIND stock and it still did good.
That stock kept my bills paid during our 94 strike.
But anything to cut the strings from YRC I am all in for.

You dont comprehend what you read too good do you,i was replying to the original post on here about how we should vote no because yrc would be forced to sell us by the banks if yrc fails.what i was saying if that happens new penn,abf would also fail because of the multi employer liability,what dont you understand.its a fact,no negativity.

What ABF or Newpenn , or any other company pays in to the pension fund is negotiated in the contract.
I don't want to see any company fail. But I don't want to see another company make us fail.
So I'd rather take my chances with a no vote. It could possibly make YRC want to sell us before any bankruptcy.
And I would bet that there have been offers..only time will tell.
But good luck to everyone, however this turns out

newpenn107,for all your ranting and raveing about all this over the last week, i have to say, you have presented your thoughs in your last post here in a way that should make any that have worked at npme for at least 10yrs. really think about how to vote if any vote does come up for us as a company. any of us that have been here for any amount of time absolutely hate what yrcw has done to us as a profitable union company. npme defies what any say, how we can't compete and still be profitable with a union workforce. npme operates in what has to be the toughest regional area in the whole country. boston, providance and the rest of new england, nyc, and nj metroe area, phila, balt. and dc area,hell most of us put up with more sh%t on a daily bases than anybody should have to to make a good liveing even in this business. but this isn't just about teamsters at npme, there are a great many on the other side of that glass window that have taken cuts also and don't like it but still come to work and do there best, full and part-time. and depend on the rewards npme has given all of us. 10% give back sucks, and don't think i'd vote for more, or should any nonunion emploeyes have to acept any more.i would not even try to change your thoughs on this whole mess were in, ok, but i think you have to at least see there are , alot more than you or your phila teamsters or what ever group of people you think follow your beleifs, that have as much say or should in the matter of "close the gates now" banter you have always preached . everybody at npme is working for alot less than they should be right now in the hope of keeping this company alive. no matter what those odds are. i do say this, if yrcw closes ,you will never find another npme, and since you have been here for 21 yrs. you no what i mean.

I agree with you. Bottom line New Penn's profits go to YRC that means they are giving YRC MONEYS for our penson and welfare, and they don't want to put the money to our pensions WHAT THE F_CK is up with that?? I'm not a lawyer but isn't that kind of like wrong?

Soon it won't be just New Penn profits keeping YRCW afloat. If the pension deferral goes through, along with the current wage reduction, each working member is giving up $10 an hour that goes directly to the banks to pay off YRCW debt. I am ready for a change in management at the top to show this company is serious about being around after we make it through these tough times. It would be a tremendous boost to already low employee morale to see a new corporate management team in place to properly manage the millions of $ being taken from us.