ODFL | For O.D. Trainers and Trainees

lazytrucker

TB Lurker
Credits
Since i became a trainer a year ago i have heard that some terminals train different. In COH we dont train new line haul drivers on the wild board, but on schedules. Then we send them on the wild board when they get out on their own. I see this as being a problem. I asked to go on the wild board a few weeks with them and take a break from my schedule, but i was told they would have to check will safety. I have asked a few time since that and was told the same thing with no answer. I look forward to all of your input on this subject. Thanks

Since i became a trainer a year ago i have heard that some terminals train different. In COH we dont train new line haul drivers on the wild board, but on schedules. Then we send them on the wild board when they get out on their own. I see this as being a problem. I asked to go on the wild board a few weeks with them and take a break from my schedule, but i was told they would have to check will safety. I have asked a few time since that and was told the same thing with no answer. I look forward to all of your input on this subject. Thanks

I'm not a trainer but I know some of them and see a lot of them with trainees. Here in MRT it has been done both ways. Most go on schedules, both turns and bag runs. There are some that train on the wild board which I think would be a more realistic look at what they will see.

What kind of a trainer are you? One that deals with fresh green rookie,one with less than a year, more than three years. This is part of what I need to know to answer your question. Next, How long have you been a trainer, Third, What credentials mde you a trainer ( I hope not just one/ two years SAFE DRIVING). Forth, Can you walk the walk/ talk the talk.......

What kind of a trainer are you? One that deals with fresh green rookie,one with less than a year, more than three years. This is part of what I need to know to answer your question. Next, How long have you been a trainer, Third, What credentials mde you a trainer ( I hope not just one/ two years SAFE DRIVING). Forth, Can you walk the walk/ talk the talk.......
You might try being just a wee bit less over the top with your questions. You know folks don't mind talking when they are asked in a polite way.

After reading your profile it might be nice if you answered your own questions first and substitute supervisor in the place of trainer.

I deal with all trainees. I guess in your terminal they have trainers broke down in different groups for who theyre training. Im also not Billy Big Rigger if thats what your talking about. I do have 4 years with OD and a few more years with a few truck load companies. I dont know everything and dont claim to, but i try to teach from my experience. Any helpful hints are all ways useful when you are trying to teach someone to drive an 80,000 lb peice of equipment at highway speeds. Also i said how long i have been a trainer in my question maybe you should take the time to read that first. It is helpful before you wright stuff and make an *** of yourself. I look forward to hearing DRIVERS real and helpful responses.

WOW i just read your occupation. Why are you on trucking boards? Aren't school buses automatics? Also how much can a group of elementary school kid weigh. How much driving time do you have? In a truck not an oversized van.

I deal with all trainees. I guess in your terminal they have trainers broke down in different groups for who they're training. I'm also not Billy Big Rigger if thats what your talking about. I do have 4 years with OD and a few more years with a few truck load companies. I don't know everything and don't claim to, but i try to teach from my experience. Any helpful hints are all ways useful when you are trying to teach someone to drive an 80,000 lb piece of equipment at highway speeds. Also i said how long i have been a trainer in my question maybe you should take the time to read that first. It is helpful before you wright stuff and make an *** of yourself. I look forward to hearing DRIVERS real and helpful responses.
if you have any questions. my suggestion would be talk to kodiak.he's a Good trainer and he been dueing it for a long time.

my starters

too defensive w/o a reason. apologies if i offended you.as u know of course as your work experience becomes longer you come across different things that you put "under your hat" so to speak. its good your not conroy from convoy....because that is not the real world. i taught many years at a local truck driving school enjoyed it and had to move on. for me i dont interfere with different styles of training although i may disagree, my thing is to imbed into the minds of all drivers look at your whole driving picture as far down the road as your mind/eye connection will allow , consistently leave yourself an out , and be ready at the drop of a pin for the unexpected to occur anytime., and lastly for now when in doubt get out and check it out.

lazytrucker. I asked you questions not as you thought of being a smartass. I have many years of teaching PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS, from square one. I belive ALL trainers/ trainees need to be taught by the book. Not just from past experiences ( we all have war stories that should not be told). To be a really GREAT TRAINER, please go back to the books and do alot of research. I will gladly answer any question that you may have. After all I also work (PULL) for ODFL. Hope to see a response soon,REELRED

lazytrucker. I asked you questions not as you thought of being a smartass. I have many years of teaching PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS, from square one. I belive ALL trainers/ trainees need to be taught by the book. Not just from past experiences ( we all have war stories that should not be told). To be a really GREAT TRAINER, please go back to the books and do alot of research. I will gladly answer any question that you may have. After all I also work (PULL) for ODFL. Hope to see a response soon,REELRED

YOU HAVE A P/M.