Holland | For the record, how many people are laid off...

We have 8 city and 3 line haul men on layoff.
How many other terminals have people laid off?

Why is it important to post # saying how many are layed off at different terminals!

It just sounds to me Benny Hill that you are bored and looking to start something. Good luck and have a good day.

As far as I know we have two road and two city guys off in Erie. City guys are not on letter of layoff though. And I don not think you are trying to start trouble as previously posted. Have a good three day week and happy Thanksgiving!!:smilie_132:

Why is it important to post # saying how many are layed off at different terminals!
It just sounds to me Benny Hill that you are bored and looking to start something. Good luck and have a good day.

As far as I know we have two road and two city guys off in Erie. City guys are not on letter of layoff though. And I don not think you are trying to start trouble as previously posted. Have a good three day week and happy Thanksgiving!!:smilie_132:

Thanks Stimpy you are correct, JJ I have no ideal why you think that about me? I post info on this site to share what I know or at least what I have heard. I believe that if we share info whether it's fact or rumor it's still better to know what might or might not be going on. I don't run any company or terminal, I just work there. I like knowing what's going on at other terminals so that when it happens at my terminal it's not a complete shock to me. I don't believe everything that I read here or anywhere else, but when I read thing's from some people that seem to always be in the know it helps me to better understand what going on through out the system. So if I bother you by asking about a specific number or a specific reason I'm sorry, it's all part of the old free speech thing. I have the right to ask a question and you have the right to or not to answer it. If nothing else by your statement about me, it enlightens me and others about you and your way of thinking, just like this post enlightens others about me. I love this site and the ability that it gives us to talk and exchange info, both good and bad. When a member of management tells us something that I don't believe I post on here and ask a question about it and try to find all the info I can about it. I posted a reply once about someone else's post and said "Are you on crack" and I got one negative response about it on my profile and it took me from representing a bunch of people to representing nobody. So if you don't like my posts give me a bad post vote but don't say that I'm trying to start something because I'm only here to try to help others and myself with the same problems by sharing info. So do you have a specific number laid off that you would like to share JJ?
Happy Turkey Day to each and everyone, stay safe.

Columbus has 10 city laid off. But then we have city drivers working 12-13 hours a day. Dock and yard working 11-12 per day. Makes sense to me.

benny hill i agree. instead of hangin out on the cb you get honest answers you go boy

Benny Hill I will try and respond to your post.

First I think that layoffs are a ugly part of the trucking industry and the unions. And when you talk about how many are layed off per terminal on a public forum like this, it just adds fuel to the non-union drivers.

Being a road driver I do not believe in Hollands system wide layoff policy. Your terminal maybe holding it's own in bill count inbound and outbound but somebody will get layed off because we are system drivers. Then you have the terminals that over hired and do not have the freight for there own men but most new hires continue to work when others are layed off. I think if your freight levels at your home domicle are not enough to keep all men working then your road board should have the layoff, not the terminal that has people running empties into to move the overflow of freight. How many are layed off in Norcross, GA. Lets just say more then should be!! Are they working yes 40 plus in the city. So it is not as bad as it could.

And last what is the difference of hearing it here and hearing it on the cb? You still need to see it in black and white or it is just rumor until then!!

Hope everyone makes it home safe for the hoildays and spend some quality time with family and friends because that is what life is about.

Benny Hill I will try and respond to your post.

First I think that layoffs are a ugly part of the trucking industry and the unions. And when you talk about how many are layed off per terminal on a public forum like this, it just adds fuel to the non-union drivers.

Being a road driver I do not believe in Hollands system wide layoff policy. Your terminal maybe holding it's own in bill count inbound and outbound but somebody will get layed off because we are system drivers. Then you have the terminals that over hired and do not have the freight for there own men but most new hires continue to work when others are layed off. I think if your freight levels at your home domicle are not enough to keep all men working then your road board should have the layoff, not the terminal that has people running empties into to move the overflow of freight. How many are layed off in Norcross, GA. Lets just say more then should be!! Are they working yes 40 plus in the city. So it is not as bad as it could.

And last what is the difference of hearing it here and hearing it on the cb? You still need to see it in black and white or it is just rumor until then!!

Hope everyone makes it home safe for the hoildays and spend some quality time with family and friends because that is what life is about.

Cool, have a great Turkey Day.

Unfortunately, the last of my Dugan pals here in Charlotte got laid off last week. Made it 1 yr 4 mths. The rest have long since been laid off and found other jobs. Thankful I didn't go over with them. Bad time to be getting laid off.

thats part of life jimjoe,its ugly but its a fact you have to deal with! far as adding fuel to the non-union drivers..I dont thinks so....look at the other forums....they are laying off also..non union that is!:duh:

thats part of life jimjoe,its ugly but its a fact you have to deal with! far as adding fuel to the non-union drivers..I dont thinks so....look at the other forums....they are laying off also..non union that is!:duh:

For what its worth, I agree with you Texasflood. The truth is the truth and a rumor is a rumor, just info for future thought to me.

For what its worth, I agree with you Texasflood. The truth is the truth and a rumor is a rumor, just info for future thought to me.

For the other side of the fence,Nons are laying off.My company hasn't laid -off yet.I worked at USF last year and the lay-off bug hit me.I cant pay bills on unemployment so I jumped.I still talk to my friends at USF,even that goof terminal manager(you know who,Benny)Whether it's a matter of business or simply pure greed guys,I don't know.Happy Thanksgiving!!!!

Before I left CL last night I heard they called back all their laid-off road drivers. Anyone else called back?

A driver from CO told me, last night, that they did the same thing there. All men on letter of layoff were starting back either Sunday or Monday night. Sounds good for now but how long will it last? You know how we are used and abused during this time of the year. I hope it stays very busy!