New Penn | forced on road

road hog

TB Lurker
Credits
It makes no sense to some of us. Why would they force the bottom 3 on the extra board to the road when we do not have enough drivers to cover city work. Would this not hurt customer service to get them there freight. From what I am hearing is the bottom of the road board are only gettting 4 days a week. So you add 3 guys have them sit home 2 days a week and make deliveries suffer and possible lose more accounts.:smilie_132:

That's the way it goes. You may find yourself up against your union brothers on this one because you don't want to lose positions or bids which already exist. The company will simply have to hire more people if they need to. If they add additional men to the seniority list, you can bump off the road back into the city as your seniority allows. This is possible because you were forced onto the road.

i understand what your asking because there are plenty of road men that want more miles nightly. but at #03 they are produceing enough loads a night that can't be covered by turn men from other terminals. and from what i here, maytag is combineing with whirlpool in carlisle and this will be generateing more loads that have to be moved from #03 nightly by #03 roadmen. also, they can have roadmen p/u direct loads from whirlpool and than go on to terminal with load just like they do at ingram micro.think every ones working right now on road board, fridays get to be slim pickings some times. if you really want that 5th day, you should push for being able to work the dock on saturdays, like we did in the past.of course most now days don't want that 5th day that bad.

they won't be forceing the bottom 3 guys from city extra to road, theres only 3 guys on whole board that even have a cdl. i dont think they are just the bottom 3 guys, either. thats pretty bad only 3 able to drive.

It sounds like you guys need a clause like we have out west. Whether you bid city or line/road, you have to stay on that side for 1 year. Of course that's cause we only get to bid once a year.

It sounds like you guys need a clause like we have out west. Whether you bid city or line/road, you have to stay on that side for 1 year. Of course that's cause we only get to bid once a year.

Usftrucker some locals have one senority board. This can cause somebody to be forced in the city or road. Also by the NMFA you are to bid twice April and October. I do not know if this is a one senority board situation but it could be.

those guys being forced to road must want the road. because in nmfa u cant be forced to the road. i know not in pa. as far the bids go the nmfa says annual bid not bye-annaul maybe down south its different.

Bidding procedures are outlined in the Supplementals and goverened (or changed) by the Locals.

Everywhere is different, combo lists, seperate lists, year a and a day bids, bi-bids, etc.

where road-hogs from we have one senority board, with that, you can bid twice a year, on what ever your seniorty will enable you to do, road, city, dock, work the yard etc. but one rule is that road board will be filled, even if it means forceing city board guys to road. at time of first post there were only 2-3 cdl drivers on city extra board, they are constintley tring to hire so that seniaro could have changed many times over. last time we bid there were combo bids not taken and guys went on city extra board, that leaves them vulnable to being forced to bottom of road board if someone retires, etc. when i started you took an open bid just to garenteue you working 5 days aweek. then when you had seniorty you got what you wanted. differant mindset these days.